Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love that they immediately responded. Every thread where there's an issue brought up, you always see the same Ford apologists jumping in to seemingly brush the issues under a rug. The fact that Ford acknowledged these are real issues should hush those apologists up somewhat

Well, you'd think
You know, I used to be one of them. I tried to understand the earlier issues, i.e. computher chips. the MIC top, supply issues, etc. I tried to always be the voice of reason to maybe calm some fears. And what did I get for all of that? I got pushed back to a possible '24 build because Ford decided to kiss the mega dealers nuts at the expense of the small volume dealers, and their reservation holders. Man, I do feel the fool now. I now know what Ford thinks of the folks that buy their vehicles, and will not defend their lame excuses ever again.

Oh, and one more thing. Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me my brother? ;) :cool:
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
On one front you’re obviously not wrong about quality issues, but if you think these type of issues are isolated to just Ford or the Bronco, on that front you’re dead wrong. It’s mainly that most cars don’t have forums where things get reported. That being said, there is no excuse for that kind of oversight from any manufacturer and hopefully your well laid out list will get some heads spinning. Makes me even more glad I’m waiting for a 23 model year.

Reactions: Cat

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi @Booback,
I was concerned folks would want the contact info when I originally posted. I am not comfortable giving out that info at this time. We have a little toe in a very big door, and, my goal is to try and establish a communication channel where Bronco6g can work with a Ford Specialized Rep who can interface between Bronco6g Owners and Ford Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering. We can't splatter-gun our issues and communication to them; we need a process that funnels issues to Ford and provides us with a feed-back loop. Give me a minute to see if I can sell this idea. Sound good?
I 100% support what you are doing. To have an experienced voice to organize the issues and relate them in a professional way is our best chance to have the issues communicated. I love this forum but I don't blame Ford if they are not following it since there are pages of back and forth fights, off subject tangents, and odd uploads. Having your concise communication channel - and it is a real connection - is a very valuable to Ford if they plan to use it. We have nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"You might be right; I may be crazy" for trying.
@Cat In my dealings with upper echelon executives sometimes "crazy" can actually work. :)

Sponsored

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If only Ford had the manufacturing and quality control prowess of Land Rover.....
I have had the same concerns with LR. But after a year or so of knowing people with the new Defender they are VERY happy with them. Our next door neighbor drives hers all over SoCal and has had no issues. Her only complaint was that the brakes are overly sensitive. She has one of the first models. I don't know any that have come with tailgates missing paint, incorrect seats, etc.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know, I used to be one of them. I tried to understand the earlier issues, i.e. computher chips. the MIC top, supply issues, etc. I tried to always be the voice of reason to maybe calm some fears. And what did I get for all of that? I got pushed back to a possible '24 build because Ford decided to kiss the mega dealers nuts at the expense of the small volume dealers, and their reservation holders. Man, I do feel the fool now. I now know what Ford thinks of the folks that buy their vehicles, and will not defend their lame excuses ever again.

Oh, and one more thing. Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me my brother? ;) :cool:
Lol all love brother
And I hope it was a gross over exaggeration about your delivery date!

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not entirely buying it.. Folks have been saying this like what you have listed for months. And it took just 1 email to get a phone call? Not a response, but a personal call? They even made an account on here with little to no effort in helping. So these changes I'll believe it when I see it

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd like to see Boeing manufacture a vehicle at a rate of 900 units a day.
Perhaps Boeing isn't the best foil here....but the investor community sure isn't betting on Ford to own the future. By valuing Rivian at a higher market cap than Ford, they seem to be looking past the hundred-year history, and all the marketing fluff.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, good idea...let's wait and take delivery before we see if it's something Ford can address ahead of time. I swear you Ford apologists are hilarious. ALL of these issues are glaring and should have never made it out of some 3rd world factory much less damn Ford. They should be embarrassed and ashamed.

@Cat what you did was a great thing and very considerate of the community. We appreciate it!
I still don't understand people (or alternate forums) who take "nothing to see here, move along" approach whenever major issues are raised. It's one thing to bitch about how the interior plastic looks, but another to complain about engine failures that could strand you in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. I work with a lot of "engineers" and they have made it very clear they are super smart and know everything. Especially about things they read on the internet. How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!
@Liberty Does this report meet the timeliness of your standards?
You can add my Rapid Red BB to the list of misfits off the production line. I picked it up at 10 am on 11/26 and was dead in the water at 10am on the 27th. While running down the interstate, it overheated and shut down on me. After paying $200 to have it towed to the nearest Ford dealership, they found that one of the hose clamps for the coolant was not properly tightened, which caused it to pop off allow the engine to overheat. Luckily, no other damage was done, but you never expect to break down in the first 24 hours of owning a brand new vehicle. Needless to say, it dampened my enthusiasm a bit...
(By the way, the smart "engineers" understand they don't know everything, the more you learn, the more you realize there is so much you don't know. You need to hang out with a better class of engineers.)

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Working for a Fortune 500 company in my second life I know that the top dogs are sometimes insulated from these type problems. Mainly because the mid to lower level management doesn't want their leaders to know they can't do the job. I would love to be a fly on the wall when that meeting starts. I've been in one of those meetings as a peon, and they ain't purdy.
We used to say; "You can only hide a dead fish in your bottom drawer for so long". Problems surface and then it's double trouble.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the same concerns with LR. But after a year or so of knowing people with the new Defender they are VERY happy with them. Our next door neighbor drives hers all over SoCal and has had no issues. Her only complaint was that the brakes are overly sensitive. She has one of the first models. I don't know any that have come with tailgates missing paint, incorrect seats, etc.
I've had considered that I might dump the Defender and take my Bronco if the Defender was problematic (last I heard, 12/6 build date for the Badlands), but the Defender has been fine for these first three months. At this point, I think I'd have more concerns about the Bronco, which as a lifelong Ford fanboy, is really saying something.

I'm a little disappointed in all the issues people seem to be having and I hope they can get it sorted out. All of my other Ford vehicles have been pretty solid aside from the 2.0 ecoboost in my old Escape, which failed under warranty. At least it didn't strand me.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had considered that I might dump the Defender and take my Bronco if the Defender was problematic (last I heard, 12/6 build date for the Badlands), but the Defender has been fine for these first three months. At this point, I think I'd have more concerns about the Bronco, which as a lifelong Ford fanboy, is really saying something.

I'm a little disappointed in all the issues people seem to be having and I hope they can get it sorted out. All of my other Ford vehicles have been pretty solid aside from the 2.0 ecoboost in my old Escape, which failed under warranty. At least it didn't strand me.
I opted out of my Bronco for a Defender, which has been problem free in my time of ownership. But my original comment about LR manufacturing and quality control prowess was a joke based on their reputation. Ha sometimes you need a little self deprecation....

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps Boeing isn't the best foil here....but the investor community sure isn't betting on Ford to own the future. By valuing Rivian at a higher market cap than Ford, they seem to be looking past the hundred-year history, and all the marketing fluff.
Well they built (I think) almost 13000 b17s during WWII
Sponsored