Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not entirely buying it.. Folks have been saying this like what you have listed for months. And it took just 1 email to get a phone call? Not a response, but a personal call? They even made an account on here with little to no effort in helping. So these changes I'll believe it when I see it
I know; i am skeptical too. But, I am sending a process proposal, and they agreed to review it, per our telecon this morning.
Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know; i am skeptical too. But, I am sending a process proposal, and they agreed to review it, per our telecon this morning.
Your original post said you are retired. Don't make that process proposal too good -- they may hire you out of retirement!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Other than the hardtop situation, I wonder how the various other issues compare to typical new model launches in the past. Is Bronco an outlier in terms of issues, or are issues just more publicized with easy sharing these days?

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great job OP. Also, good on ford to not be arrogant and listen to the end users. That’s a plus

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cat, Seems likely Ford will fly you to Dearborn for further discussions. Try to clarify the oil overfill situation....I PM'd the Ford forum rep & got this response:

ME:
I'm hoping you can answer an oil question on my 2.7L. Just had my dealer complete an oil change after 1,100 break-in miles. They did the drain & 7-quart add per Ford's spec. I had asked the dealer's tech to also do a dip stick check after completion; he did, and was happy with the reading.

Next day before cranking I did a dipstick check; mine dipstick is stamped FT4E-6750-BF D454A. My reading is right in the middle of the twist - which is quite a bit above the max-fill mark.

Granted there are not a lot of Broncos changing oil yet...but there is quite a dust-up on this forum about it, because everyone is experiencing this same thing. Some opine Ford's statement on 7-quart capacity is wrong; others opine the dipstick itself fails to account for the larger pan Bronco utilizes.

Can you please clarify this situation. Many thanks

FORD: Good afternoon, Jim. We appreciate you reaching back out to about your Bronco’s oil levels. This is a great question for the folks at your local Ford dealership. They are in the best position to assist regarding any technical concerns about your Bronco. You can find a local dealer by using the Dealer Locator tool at the following link: https://owner.ford.com/service/dealer-locator.html. Have a great rest of your day!

Will S Ford Social Media Team

ME: Thanks Will....Dealers are just as confused as forum members. The problem is that Ford has said things that are mutually exclusive (they can't ALL be true):

1. Bronco oil capacity is 7 quarts

2. Don't overfill beyond the 'max' mark on the dipstick

The problem is you/dealer can follow ONE of those instructions - but not BOTH

FORD: You're welcome. I recommend continuing to work with your dealer, as they are truly in the best position to provide you further assistance with your Bronco's oil levels. Thank you for your patience, Jim.

Will S Ford Social Media Team
Typical, corporate bull shit.

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This can still be prevented with easy quality checks in your process. For instance, there should be a bar code on the outside of the bag, which would be scanned when the seat is selected for the specific vehicle; and re-checked by the installer of that seat. I worked many years at a company that utilized barcoding to reduce medication errors in hospitals; it's a very easy thing to integrate into a quality process, for the prevention and catching of errors.
I agree. It wasn't an excuse. I just wanted to point out where is the opportunity to improve the process.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Serially, @Cat , does the exec team know that Ford refuses to Communicate with all of us on dirt mountain for 5-6 months! Other than getting our rigs, we just want to know why? Why is my vin held? Just tell me.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done sir!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great write-up, @North7. Very true about the huge effort to turn corporations around.

My goal is to try and establish a communication channel where Bronco6g can work directly with a Ford Specialized Rep who can interface between Bronco6g Owners and Ford Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering. We can't splatter-gun our issues and communication to them; we need a process that funnels issues to Ford and provides us with a feed-back loop. I can't help but think this would be valuable to Ford, too.

Thoughts?
I've been hearing the same BS forever that it takes a long time to turn a ship around. Ford, and other old school manufacturers had better improve, or go out of business. Start ups and new entries from China, Korea and Tesla are about to turn the automotive world upside down.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(By the way, the smart "engineers" understand they don't know everything, the more you learn, the more you realize there is so much you don't know. You need to hang out with a better class of engineers.)
The fall from the top of Mt. Stupid is a painful drop. I like the cut of your jib there.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the time of my response, I'm at page 14 of 19 and lost my attention span so chances of anyone reading this are pretty slim. BUT!!!!!!! Allow me some space.....I, like most union employees didn't seek union employment until I worked one union job and saw the reasoning. Now, while we all have different life experiences and political views, I HAVE worked BOTH sides of that fence. I can say that in any shop, union or nonunion, there are shitbags. There are shitbags everywhere!!!!! Stop bashing on union shops when the majority of the workers are union because they are seeking better for themselves!!!!! You know who you are and I'm not going to tag you. The sad reality of American production in this day is an accumulation of many things. There seems to be people who think MAP production workers are overpaid and lazy......some maybe, most not. As it has been stated, there are a shit ton of new hires at not the best wages working their first jobs there despite popular belief......in the salary division of MAP, there is attitude, inexperience and ignorance. I'm not turning a blind eye to any of it. Ford is responsible for all of their employees!!!! Some assbag somewhere is telling their public relations dept. what to say, what not to say and how to say it. The company reps on the YouTube live videos are being sheltered from the harsh questions by the MCs yet they also have the ability to respond to the comments in the comments section and they turn a blind eye to them. I'm beyond pissed with all of these issues not only because I have 2 on order but at this point, I am exploring other vehicle options as this is beyond alarming to me and I'm in here daily!!!!
I am one of those with no confidence that anybody at Ford gives a shit about us here in the forum....we are a thorn in their side.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

At the time of my response, I'm at page 14 of 19 and lost my attention span so chances of anyone reading this are pretty slim. BUT!!!!!!! Allow me some space.....I, like most union employees didn't seek union employment until I worked one union job and saw the reasoning. Now, while we all have different life experiences and political views, I HAVE worked BOTH sides of that fence. I can say that in any shop, union or nonunion, there are shitbags. There are shitbags everywhere!!!!! Stop bashing on union shops when the majority of the workers are union because they are seeking better for themselves!!!!! You know who you are and I'm not going to tag you. The sad reality of American production in this day is an accumulation of many things. There seems to be people who think MAP production workers are overpaid and lazy......some maybe, most not. As it has been stated, there are a shit ton of new hires at not the best wages working their first jobs there despite popular belief......in the salary division of MAP, there is attitude, inexperience and ignorance. I'm not turning a blind eye to any of it. Ford is responsible for all of their employees!!!! Some assbag somewhere is telling their public relations dept. what to say, what not to say and how to say it. The company reps on the YouTube live videos are being sheltered from the harsh questions by the MCs yet they also have the ability to respond to the comments in the comments section and they turn a blind eye to them. I'm beyond pissed with all of these issues not only because I have 2 on order but at this point, I am exploring other vehicle options as this is beyond alarming to me and I'm in here daily!!!!
I am one of those with no confidence that anybody at Ford gives a shit about us here in the forum....we are a thorn in their side.
No one in this thread has said MAP workers are lazy or overpaid, no one has been bashing union shops. We are bashing Ford management for not giving you the tools, training and time to do your job, to build Bronco's to the best of your abilities. When some fall short in those abilities, we are bashing Ford management for not having a sufficient number of QC people or time to check the Bronco's are being built right.

Just relax, and help point out suggestions for change that @Cat can give feedback to Ford management to help improve the Bronco build process.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one in this thread has said MAP workers are lazy or overpaid, no one has been bashing union shops. We are bashing Ford management for not giving you the tools, training and time to do your job, to build Bronco's to the best of your abilities. When some fall short in those abilities, we are bashing Ford management for not having a sufficient number of QC people or time to check the Bronco's are being built right.

Just relax, and help point out suggestions for change that @Cat can give feedback to Ford management to help improve the Bronco build process.
Sorry bud.....you must not have read some of the posts others made who would not come out and say it. Some of us can read between the lines, some of us can delete posts too. I can screenshot the posts and spell it out for you but that isn't in my nature. I haven’t seen enough concern from Ford to convince me that Cat's letter will be addressed accordingly though it was thoughtfully well written. Sadly, there are cavemen working in the ranks at the company who have no business in the positions they hold. To clarify, I don't work for Ford either.

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't understand how the mismatched seats did not get seen
Especially the one with the driver seat that had different top and bottom.
I just can't imagine the person who installed that, did not notice.
That's just a serious IDGAF
Pretty simple. Weed is legal in MI.
The mis-matched driver's seat is mine... I can't comprehend how it could happen.

To be honest, hung over, or the weed scenario was the first thing my wife and I wondered.

I have had the same concerns with LR. But after a year or so of knowing people with the new Defender they are VERY happy with them. Our next door neighbor drives hers all over SoCal and has had no issues. Her only complaint was that the brakes are overly sensitive. She has one of the first models. I don't know any that have come with tailgates missing paint, incorrect seats, etc.
My neighbor had a Defender for 6 months and sold it the minute he realized he could sell it for more than he paid for it. He said it was nothing but problems for him.

My wife and I had a LR4 with 100K miles, and that thing was one of the most reliable vehicles we've ever owned. Regular maintenance was $$, but it's reliability was fantastic. We traded it on a 2017 JK Wrangler, and the Jeep was in the shop a week later. We finally got it back after 2 months with a buyback agreement from Jeep. I said I'd never buy another Jeep. Initial quality of the bronco is not looking too good at all; aforementioned seat not matching, front parking sensors not working, windshield washer jets not working..... I'm really hoping it's just a matter of working out the early kinks with the warranty and this vehicle is one that goes the distance for us.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you sure about that?!? ;) Quick, someone get QA, I want to make sure we finally have the right pronouns!!!! ;)
I identify as an 8-foot tall, hairy bipedal humanoid :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored