First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And they clearly rushed this. vehicle. But I have no doubt they’ll get it ironed out.
Hope you're right....but here is how corporations actually function:

1. Top management communicates strategic goals
2. CFO begins shifting financial resources to achieve goals
3. Employees with clout begin to migrate to where the spotlight will shine brightest

Ford's stated strategic goal: Ford expects 40% to 50% of its global vehicle volume to be fully electric by 2030. Reimagining how electric vehicles – and the batteries that power them – are designed, manufactured and recycled, Ford is creating an all-new electric vehicle manufacturing ecosystem. BlueOval City will be among the largest auto manufacturing campuses in U.S. history. Like the iconic Rouge complex in Michigan did a century earlier, BlueOval City will usher in a new era for American manufacturing.

I'll leave it to your imagination as to where the money & staff are flowing.
Sponsored

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Since you seem to have a personal line of communication with the powers at Ford could you check on what's going on with the airbag recall issue. There are a bunch of us with broncos sitting around that can't be sold due to their airbag recall.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, @Cat , rather than more bashing, everyone prefers solutions. Here's mine:

Send emails to all the VIN's that are sitting, and just explain what they're waiting on. No timelines are necessary, though they could explain their best hopes of fulfillment.

That's it.

What, about 1-200 emails? Which can likely be automated. It would go so far in restoring our confidence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since you seem to have a personal line of communication with the powers at Ford could you check on what's going on with the airbag recall issue. There are a bunch of us with broncos sitting around that can't be sold due to their airbag recall.
Working it.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Working it.
hey, while at it, can you express the displeasure of those of us who ordered Mach 1s and they got cancelled after 5 months of being on order? wth Ford! and why haven't they relayed what they're doing for those of us (if anything) whose orders got cancelled and our reorders are at the back of the line since the cancellations were AFTER 2022 order books opened up??

(seriously good work you've done here bringing up the bronco uissues)

Reactions: Cat

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
As a certified mechanic I personally check the entire vehicle prior to use the first time.

Also most if not all shown issues should have been noticed and corrected during the predelivery set up at the dealer.
If that didn't happen shame on the dealer not Ford.
Having sold Fords, Shelby's, Cobras and GT-40s back in 66 - 70 I can tell you if all that's wrong with my NEW Bronco scheduled to be built on 12/3/21 is a un painted fuel door, Hats off to Ford for producing a 99.99999% prefect Bronco in the worst environment ever know on the planet.
Not to degrade anybody, but why are you buying one of the most sophisticated off-road vehicle's in history if you know nothing about it. I recommend reading the 500+ page owners Manuel as I have first and then get a can of paint to fix any glaring flaws your self.

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me get this right, you are writing upper management about quality issues on a vehicle that you have not received or purchased??

I have had mine for a month, absolutely zero issues. I know 4 other people that have gotten theirs, zero issues. There is always going to be a few issues with new vehicles. Forums like this just give people a place to vent.

I wouldn't get to concerned just yet. Get it, drive it, if it has an issue take it to the dealer, that's what warranties are for.

20211202_105628.jpg

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a certified mechanic I personally check the entire vehicle prior to use the first time.

Also most if not all shown issues should have been noticed and corrected during the predelivery set up at the dealer.
Having sold Fords, Shelby's, Cobras and GT-40s back in 66 - 70 I can tell you if all that's wrong with my NEW Bronco scheduled to be built on 12/3/21 is a un painted fuel door, Hats off to Ford for producing a 99.99999% prefect Bronco in the worst environment ever know on the planet.
Not to degrade anybody, but why are you buying one of the most sophisticated off-road vehicle's in history if you know nothing about it. I recommend reading the 500+ page owners Manuel as I have first and then get a can of paint to fix any glaring flaws your self.
We're not buying a model car. If you want a fun project car because you enjoy fixing things, then more power to you. I'd like something that was put together the way it's supposed to be. Also, I don't know if the "9" is broken on your keyboard but they're definitely not hitting that quality metric.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sincerely,

Cat

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Can you share the information with me about who you wrote to? I would like to do the same to make sure top people at Ford understand the extent to which their company is ignoring the customers who got in line first (16.5 months ago) - holding those people's assigned cars hostage (because of defective roofs for 3+ months and going), providing no information to them, while simultaneously producing and delivering 15-20K broncos to customers who ordered long after them (most of which have hardtops). There are so many things wrong with this. It's the worst customer service experience I've been part of in my 50 years on earth.

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said! These are for fun. It's not a Lambo!

20211202_132514.jpg

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New gremlin to report for your list. My 2.7 BL will shutdown via start/stop at a light but then shut down completely when I let my foot off the brake to go. Gives the message “manual restart required”. It’ll start up only after you apply brake, shift into park, shut off the power, turn back on and the shift back into drive.

Update: took car to dealer, couldn’t mimic the issue and couldn’t find any fault codes. Advised they’ll make a report to Ford but can’t really do anything else right now.

Last edited:

Codychap

First Edition
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Cat

what email did you use to contact Ford? Ours got delivered with wrong color seats? Dealer says they can’t do anything about it.
Sponsored