First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like if you’re pushed to a MY22 that you re-order it late Dec? Does anyone know during this process (in December) if you can change your dealership to a different one? Several folks on the forum really want to switch dealerships.

And any chances changing to a soft top now will get to a MY21? Or SOL?
Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy cow. So built Broncos are at the back of the line? Update by October? Might not see those delivered until next year. I would be pissed.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My22 . Seriously doubt it. The design is flawed.
Rattles, leaks, and delamination issues will not suddenly be fixed just because it’s a new model year.
The hardtop needs a complete redesign. Just wish I could get a 2 door softop.

Sponsored

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am asking because I really don't know so forgive me if this sounds stupid.

So all the photos of Broncos sitting in holding yards, what happens to them? Are they going to be sold as 2021 or 2022 models? Obviously the MIC Top is the issue with them. The ripple effect of this will be enormous going into the 23, 24 model years. I predict a lot of 1/2 year models to be sold.

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am asking because I really don't know so forgive me if this sounds stupid.

So all the photos of Broncos sitting in holding yards, what happens to them? Are they going to be sold as 2021 or 2022 models? Obviously the MIC Top is the issue with them. The ripple effect of this will be enormous going into the 23, 24 model years. I predict a lot of 1/2 year models to be sold.

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I've said that they should do, as much as it sucks, but the communication all along has been terrible. That said, it IS important that they equip their dealers with info to answer customer questions ahead of pushing an update out to us, and in this day and age, it's impossible to keep info like that from leaking.

All along Ford has talked about the poor Explorer roll out, and how they could not and would not repeat that mistake with the Bronco. Sorry to say they have FAR eclipsed the poor Explorer roll out with this mess, and it's such a high profile, highly touted rollout, and important brand move for the company. They better kick damage control into overdrive here. And posters and stickers are meaningless.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I

I wonder if we can still switch to a soft top and get a 2021. I'm VIN-less, but had I known there was zero chance of a build this year, I'd have switched. I just figured I'd be in line with other hard tops. Now I know there is no line 😆
That's exactly why I switched to soft top even before they recommended it. Because with that line you're referring to, my anxiety was not knowing where in line I was or how far in 2022 that line stretched

At least with a soft top I was more ahead of the hard top guys

Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmmm. My Bronco was built yesterday. Still shows "In Production" on the tracker, but the modules are showing active.

I wonder what the cutoff date is for those that have to have roofs replaced, and ones that have the satisfactory roofs are.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The letter states the good replacement hardtops will be available in Oct 2021. That seems too short a time span for a newer design or manufacturing process to take the current MIC place. So apparently Ford thinks they can "fix" the current MIC hardtop issues in two months. I wonder how feasible that is.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.
Can't thank you enough for being the town crier! Question, as a F.E. nonscheduled but presumably will be built '21, what about our tops? If a new top is eminent, will ours also be replaced post delivery when a new and improved version becomes available? It's a little murky as seemingly they're going to be putting the least flawed tops on for now to get those in purgatory delivered, and I get that, but what about the few that trickle off the lone?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Id say we will get an email today. This just came out this morning.
No I just get the off rodeo email every other day. Ford bypasses me on update emails……

OP
OP

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think these were instructions to the dealers that were leaked. Probably a good idea they know what is going on before you tell the customers so they can handle the questions.
it wasn’t “leaked.” It’s addressed to the customer, in wording that makes it appear as they are speaking to the customer. It’s only a leak if people aren’t supposed to know 😜
Sponsored