Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, so I have a Bronco with a hardtop, yes I can sort of see the snakeskinning, yes, I assume it will get worse over time, honestly in the photos of "Bad" snakeskinning it doesn't really look too bad!. Do I get to keep the "defective" one if they give me a new one? Sure be nice to have a backup if I damage something one day!!!
I would bet you exchange it at the dealership and they crush it immediately so these things don't stay out there forever and a second hand buyer can't claim another new top.......but speculation obviously
Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
As I have been saying for a week now, June and July “badbatch” are waiting for V2 MIC Top replacement with delivery starting Sept/Oct at the earliest. They will not deliver them with V1 MIC Tops. Yes they all have “chips” inside. Stop saying they’re “missing chips”

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would bet you exchange it at the dealership and they crush it immediately so these things don't stay out there forever and a second hand buyer can't claim another new top.......but speculation obviously
Such a waste. I'd even pay a discounted price! Have it painted!!!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got my reservation in right around 11pm on opening night. And I think you’re right unless people really want a two door, WT, or FE still.
Assuming that your able to switch to a soft top. Ford gave that deadline a few weeks ago for a reason. I was thinking for shits and giggles putting in a fully loaded badlands soft top order and seeing if it gets picked up.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is God's way of telling me that I was never meant to own a Ford. I suspect that my MY 2023 will be 2024.

Back to Toyota...

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Damn, hard to believe how many whiny ass responses there are. Yeah, go ahead and bitch me out. They have close to 200k orders and have only been building them since June. We've been in a pandemic with parts and transport issues in every industry. Ford has discovered a major production/quality problem on a brand new platform and they are figuring it out the best they can. Yet some of you are acting like entitled children. Guess the proverbial glass is always half empty for you, not half full. I'm from a different generation and really surprised by all of the negative whining. Please, go buy a Jeep or something so you can be at peace with yourself and the rest of us will get our Broncos sooner. 😁 😁

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The letter states the good replacement hardtops will be available in Oct 2021. That seems too short a time span for a newer design or manufacturing process to take the current MIC place. So apparently Ford thinks they can "fix" the current MIC hardtop issues in two months. I wonder how feasible that is.
I guess 2021 gets the bad design.... 2022 gets the new design.... ???

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming that your able to switch to a soft top. Ford gave that deadline a few weeks ago for a reason. I was thinking for shits and giggles putting in a fully loaded badlands soft top order and seeing if it gets picked up.
Very true. Luckily, I made the switch to soft top over a month ago. Got the Dora and everything.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
New

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.
I suspect very optimistic. As in maybe there will be a handful of new hardtops to hit the Oct 2021 mark. But significantly longer to get the tops out in a mass produced fashion.

I thought people claiming 2-door orders could slide into 2023 were being overly pessimistic. Now I'm thinking they were right. :(

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think these were instructions to the dealers that were leaked. Probably a good idea they know what is going on before you tell the customers so they can handle the questions.
Absolutely agree. We cannot have it both ways. Dealers need to be informed of what is going on, before their customers hear it, if for nothing else than to be able to either communicate this or respond with answers.

Everybody here is angry when they know more than the dealer, so the only way around that is to inform the dealer. Because a dealer chose to share this info with the forum is something Ford cannot control (put aside your feelings about the entire history here and just focus on communication process). Ford should choose a plan of action, communicate that to their dealers, and then those dealers (or Ford directly) can communicate to the reservation holders. That appears to be what is going on, so while it is painful, it is finally a step in the right direction. (for comms purposes - holding back judgement on the solution until I see the "new hardtop")

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.
If I have been assigned a VIN since May and have been pushed back 8 times already with a current build date of August 30th, why can’t Ford just finagle the VIN and allow us to switch to a softop. It’s like my build is now trapped in this uncertain limbo. At this point I’m considering dumping Ford altogether because of the uncertainty and issue with them locking in the MIC with the assigned VIN.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.
So are they replacing all MIC tops that have already been delivered? (Like ours) and I guess they will be building the FEs with current MIC then?
Sponsored