First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its scary to even ask but here we go. I have tried every avenue with Ford and my dealer and they don't really have any definitive answers. I have what started as a priority build slot, have a VIN and have had six build dates, the latest being 9/20. The truck is a surprise for my cancer survivor wife, if you like you can read through my posts for the backstory. Its her first brand new cool exciting vehicle and was really hoping to give it to her this year. Its been a tough one, she needs it. The build is a 2 door OBX, AntiMatter Blue, 2.7, high, tow, auxillary switches. Does anyone have news or even a sense that this vehicle can/will be built this year? I recieved the "we'll let you know early October" email from Ford so I'm resisting the urge to hold out hope for my 9/20 date. I'm all ears.
I do believe that Ford intends to build all the assigned VIN's and that it's unlikely that they will just cancel the VIN. However, it still might not make it in time for 2021 (although it would likely be early 2022 at the latest for delivery)

I don't want to be debbie downer, but if it wasn't built yet and without intervention from the highest levels of Ford royalty, I don't think that it will arrive before the end of the year (or at least not very long before the end of the year).

Now I say that based on a gut feeling, but that comes with some caveats. Should Ford successfully start producing hardtops, in quantity by 1 Oct 2021, it's possible that it could be sooner. I base that on the fact that Ford would need to build about 12,000-15,000 hardtops to ensure enough supply to get you into the mix with reasonable certainty (probably closer to 15k). We know that the earliest possible date that hardtops are "expected" to be produced is in "September".

Let's imagine that they start running on 13 Sep 2021, that's production of 15 days in September ,
26 days in October, 25 days in November, 27 Days in December. Not including any holidays or shutdowns other than Sunday.

I would argue that any tops produced past 15 December are not likely to arrive with a vehicle prior to January 1st, 2022. That reduces December to 12 production days. So a total of 78 production days, best case. Production would have to AVERAGE 200 QA accepted tops per day to even have a chance of this happening (15,600 tops).

A more realistic estimate suggests that if they start making tops on 1 Oct 2021 and assume that December tops don't have a high chance of being on a delivered vehicle prior to January 2022. Then there are less than 51 production days and it would require an average of 300 tops per day in order to have a chance of getting a top delivered with a November production Bronco prior to January 2022.

So a lot depends on when the production of tops resume, but best case right now is that it would be extremely close with no guarantee that this will happen, and that's best case.

Now there is a lot that I don't know, for instance, what if Ford blasts out the gates on October 1st with 1000 good tops a day?!? Then it could be a very different story.
Sponsored

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do believe that Ford intends to build all the assigned VIN's and that it's unlikely that they will just cancel the VIN. However, it still might not make it in time for 2021 (although it would likely be early 2022 at the latest for delivery)

I don't want to be debbie downer, but if it wasn't built yet and without intervention from the highest levels of Ford royalty, I don't think that it will arrive before the end of the year (or at least not very long before the end of the year).

Now I say that based on a gut feeling, but that comes with some caveats. Should Ford successfully start producing hardtops, in quantity by 1 Oct 2021, it's possible that it could be sooner. I base that on the fact that Ford would need to build about 12,000-15,000 hardtops to ensure enough supply to get you into the mix with reasonable certainty (probably closer to 15k). We know that the earliest possible date that hardtops are "expected" to be produced is in "September".

Let's imagine that they start running on 13 Sep 2021, that's production of 15 days in September ,
26 days in October, 25 days in November, 27 Days in December. Not including any holidays or shutdowns other than Sunday.

I would argue that any tops produced past 15 December are not likely to arrive with a vehicle prior to January 1st, 2022. That reduces December to 12 production days. So a total of 78 production days, best case. Production would have to AVERAGE 200 QA accepted tops per day to even have a chance of this happening (15,600 tops).

A more realistic estimate suggests that if they start making tops on 1 Oct 2021 and assume that December tops don't have a high chance of being on a delivered vehicle prior to January 2022. Then there are less than 51 production days and it would require an average of 300 tops per day in order to have a chance of getting a top delivered with a November production Bronco prior to January 2022.

So a lot depends on when the production of tops resume, but best case right now is that it would be extremely close with no guarantee that this will happen, and that's best case.

Now there is a lot that I don't know, for instance, what if Ford blasts out the gates on October 1st with 1000 good tops a day?!? Then it could be a very different story.
So much has gone wrong in the last few years this is just another to add to the list. I passed the time buy buying wheels that really only go with the AntiMatter Blue, mountain graphics to match. They are sitting in a friends barn. I received permission to surprise her with the truck at the top of the ski mountain where she has been employed for 30 years. Had a professional lined up to film it. Fluckernuts. We will just keep grinding away and keep coming up with more BS reasons not to buy something else to keep the surprise. Or I may just have to let her in on it so she stops asking. Its becoming a bit challenging, she is frustrated.

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So much has gone wrong in the last few years this is just another to add to the list. I passed the time buy buying wheels that really only go with the AntiMatter Blue, mountain graphics to match. They are sitting in a friends barn. I received permission to surprise her with the truck at the top of the ski mountain where she has been employed for 30 years. Had a professional lined up to film it. Fluckernuts. We will just keep grinding away and keep coming up with more BS reasons not to buy something else to keep the surprise. Or I may just have to let her in on it so she stops asking. Its becoming a bit challenging, she is frustrated. Thank you for the effort of your sincere reply.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So much has gone wrong in the last few years this is just another to add to the list. I passed the time buy buying wheels that really only go with the AntiMatter Blue, mountain graphics to match. They are sitting in a friends barn. I received permission to surprise her with the truck at the top of the ski mountain where she has been employed for 30 years. Had a professional lined up to film it. Fluckernuts. We will just keep grinding away and keep coming up with more BS reasons not to buy something else to keep the surprise. Or I may just have to let her in on it so she stops asking. Its becoming a bit challenging, she is frustrated.
Hell, if I had mine (which is built), I would be tempted to loan it out (once I fix the timing chain in my F-150). I can't imagine how difficult it has been for you both.

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hell, if I had mine (which is built), I would be tempted to loan it out (once I fix the timing chain in my F-150). I can't imagine how difficult it has been for you both.
Big picture, Its an extra gift for a good woman who is still here and we are happily married. I know LOTS of others who aren't so lucky.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was down there a couple days ago and it looked like they are creating a staging area, of sorts, to run the built Broncos through a specialized line in the MOD Center. I imagine they will be batching Broncos over and running them through as quickly as possible.
Time for another Drive By? 🤔

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Time for another Drive By? 🤔
Things seem to be moving along. Based on some of the trackers I'm seeing in threads, mine is somewhere in the middle so I'll get down there again next week.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Things seem to be moving along. Based on some of the trackers I'm seeing in threads, mine is somewhere in the middle so I'll get down there again next week.
Hopefully mines done finished and gone!

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any Pics?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs