First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm. My Bronco was built yesterday. Still shows "In Production" on the tracker, but the modules are showing active.

I wonder what the cutoff date is for those that have to have roofs replaced, and ones that have the satisfactory roofs are.
The new tooling for satisfactory roofs is slated to be in place and running in six weeks but that’s the soonest it could be done. Everything has to go right with it also.
Sponsored

Dwayne The Bronc Johnson

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy cow. So built Broncos are at the back of the line? Update by October? Might not see those delivered until next year. I would be pissed.
I'm concerned as to where Ford views our Broncos that have been "In Production" for weeks or months, although our dealers/800 numbers/etc. have confirmed we're "produced". Hopefully we're part of the first bullet point and not the second.

Screenshot_20210812-084610_Gallery.jpg

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I'm getting my complaining in, I know I'm semi-fortunate because I will still (probably) get a 21 but damn......

I mean with a VIN I may as well have a 22, they're updating us in "early October". It just sucks because I couldn't even change to a soft top or 99 my order and just wait 22 if I wanted to. I'm stuck.

I mean now I won't have a build date until October, so I went from an early August delivery (mid-July original build date) to now getting a Bronco in November or December probably?

FML!

I think I'm going to need to leave work (mental health day) and go buy that beer @PREMiERdrum was talking about....

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.
I was wondering how much of the Bronco 'open air' design (no middle cross beam) would affect the roof functionality. Not sure if this is part of what lead to the design failure of the roof itself.

aaronkwaters

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The news sucks, but I would rather them get it right then ship something that has problems and then have to deal with it later. Just to confirm, those of us with an order have pricing protection though, correct?

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator And here the confirmation you have all been waiting for folks. Glad I switched to a Badlands soft top when I had the chance.
How early was your res? I did as well but I feel so many are going to switch now that it doesn’t matter…

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, so I have a Bronco with a hardtop, yes I can sort of see the snakeskinning, yes, I assume it will get worse over time, honestly in the photos of "Bad" snakeskinning it doesn't really look too bad!. Do I get to keep the "defective" one if they give me a new one? Sure be nice to have a backup if I damage something one day!!!

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, so I have a Bronco with a hardtop, yes I can sort of see the snakeskinning, yes, I assume it will get worse over time, honestly in the photos of "Bad" snakeskinning it doesn't really look too bad!. Do I get to keep the "defective" one if they give me a new one? Sure be nice to have a backup if I damage something one day!!!

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So does this mean guys with assigned build dates even with MIC tops builds could still get a 2021??

It sounds like we'll get strung along for another 2 months without knowing for sure. I suppose they need to gauge incoming MIC supply over the course of time as they fix the others.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So does that mean that a FE will be built with the “Bad Design” top and delivered with it automatically being enrolled in the Customer Satisfaction (Roof Replacement) program?
No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How early was your res? I did as well but I feel so many are going to switch now that it doesn’t matter…
I got my reservation in right around 11pm on opening night. And I think you’re right unless people really want a two door, WT, or FE still.

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 99'd but this will push me back as well. All the 21 backlogs will need to be produced. Its possible I may not see my Bronco for another year. I need to do some maths.
Sponsored