RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The critical info missing here is the price of the accessory hardtop. It's insane that such a thing won't be available until 2023 (!!!), but it's difficult to decide whether to switch to a soft top now without knowing how much $$$ that accessory hardtop will cost down the road. Major fail.
Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The design will look very much the same (and be the same color, to those of you asking)...
Wonder what this means for the 'free headliner'...

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.
It's common that auto manufacturers pay for and own the tooling of its suppliers who supply them....
I think Webasto misled Ford for too long about its production output and quality concerns. Otherwise, this ball would of started rolling months ago, unfortunately. Still expecting multiple delays....

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bottom Line: Until all of you with orders walk in and cancel, nothing will change. Period. You, collectively, are the market. You really do hold the power, but it would have to be en mass.

The Dirt Diggler Edition Broncos in limbo - some of them should be treated as flood cars - but how would you know which ones are leaking until it is delivered.

You couldn't give me $10k cash back to take one of those Broncos, but... I canceled my res in March because the writing was on the wall for all of this.

Sponsored

El Capitan

First Edition
First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would be interested in knowing if this was a design flaw or a manufacturing/production issue.

If a design flaw, then Ford screwed the pooch. Design issues should have been rigorously vetted when they were making prototypes. I can’t imagine a lead engineer would have kept a design flaw quiet. UNLESS management made the decision to go into full production KNOWING about the design flaw and hoped that while in production it would get fixed. They put too much faith in Webasto and didn’t account for a once in a generation pandemic.

If this is because of manufacturing/production incapability, I’ll give Ford a little grace (not much, but a little). It’s hard to simulate full production in a brand new vehicle with all new design. Getting a plant up and running to full production like Webasto takes years to establish. They would of had to have the foresight in 2017-2018 to move all production and major suppliers to the US, knowing there would be a global shutdown. Like most have said, the majority of companies didn’t. Webasto also overprimosed and underdelivered. Although, I think Toyota is the best positioned from what I hear.

In my opinion, based on all that I’ve read on this forum and seen pics of, this was a design flaw.

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will only care if it impacts their stock price. Expect some unrelated diversionary press release to focus the market far from this. 99.9% of the population doesn't even know there is an issue, and don't care.
True. But by comparison Ford must be making a mint on the Bronco Sport and it's a lot easier to produce. I consistently see those selling in the upper 30s, pushing past 40k. The price is absolutely ridiculous for what it is. And hell, most people think it IS THE Bronco. So I know at least a few people in Dearborn have to be thinking the obvious.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonder what this means for the 'free headliner'...
I hope they take this opportunity to reassess the headliner as well. It's an insult to halfassed efforts everywhere.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.
Do we know if this new design has been tested? Any chance we could end up in exactly the same position in 2 months?

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company let me change from an MIC to a soft top. Just because I have a VIN doesnt mean I should be pushed to the end of the line if I’m willing to take a soft top. I got my VIN before the news about the hard top connections.. fix this

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let’s look at the reality here:

Ford has literally missed on everything promised so far.

The promised dates of new hard tops? Don’t count on it. Don’t believe Ford anymore because their planning and scheduling has been absolutely horrible up to this point.

Calling it now: hard tops won’t be available until next year.

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp, there it is. Not even an email to address us, just throw it up on the site. Well done once again @Ford Motor Company .
Yeah. I’ve stuck with my reservation this long, but I think I’m out now. I’ll check back in in 2023 or so. Maybe Ford will know how to build a Bronco by then.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish they rolled out a convert to soft top option easily for everyone, and at the same time get a deal setup with Bestop for 2 door soft tops……
Sponsored