Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very true. Luckily, I made the switch to soft top over a month ago. Got the Dora and everything.
What was your reservation? Wondering how much luck I'm gonna have...
Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It doesn't. It's just not happening, and they won't admit it. Wouldn't wanna lose some sales with a little honesty! Ford is going to be shipping out FEs in 2022 calling them 2021s. This is fucked.

They should just ship them out with bad roofs and fix it later. They're trying to save money, as if they aren't just gonna charge Webasto for everything anyway.
Who would be stupid enough to cancel a First Edition? Especially at this point. The price just went up considerably for re-sale. Hey, all idiots wanting to cancel their FE, I will gladly take ALL of your reservations.

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe someone can help answer this:

I ordered OBX with the constraints of MIC and tow package and have no VIN/build date.

I'm thinking at this point, I will drop the tow package and switch to soft top. Yes, the MIC and tow are my preference, but neither are deal breakers as they can be added later on.

My main question is should I bother making this change right now or just wait until MY22 B&P opens? I noticed a note in the FAQ that said "soft tops will continue to be produced", but it also said if you don't currently have a build date, then you're automatically MY22.

I've been expecting to be in the MY22 camp basically this whole time anyhow, I'm just curious when would be the best time to change my order? If they're going to continue producing soft tops, is there a chance mine could be picked up in the MY21 batch?

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ross, roughly how many bad hardtops have been delivered ?
Also by " bad batch" I assume you mean every MIC top built through today , on hold at MAP.
- A few hundred.

- Yes.

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I've said that they should do, as much as it sucks, but the communication all along has been terrible. That said, it IS important that they equip their dealers with info to answer customer questions ahead of pushing an update out to us, and in this day and age, it's impossible to keep info like that from leaking.

All along Ford has talked about the poor Explorer roll out, and how they could not and would not repeat that mistake with the Bronco. Sorry to say they have FAR eclipsed the poor Explorer roll out with this mess, and it's such a high profile, highly touted rollout, and important brand move for the company. They better kick damage control into overdrive here. And posters and stickers are meaningless.
Yeah but we have our mystery packages pending shipment! Who wants to bet that these Ten10 packages are being shipped in response to the MIC top issue?

Sponsored

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It doesn't. It's just not happening, and they won't admit it. Wouldn't wanna lose some sales with a little honesty! Ford is going to be shipping out FEs in 2022 calling them 2021s. This is fucked.

They should just ship them out with bad roofs and fix it later. They're trying to save money, as if they aren't just gonna charge Webasto for everything anyway.

Saving money at the cost of customer satisfaction. Good ol' Ford. I can't imagine what the #badbatch crew is gonna receive...vehicles exposed to elements and probably industrial fallout for months on end...
I don't think someone having a Bronco with a really crappy top is the definition of customer satisfaction.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What burns me is I don’t get the Ford Pass points because I had a Wildtrack MIc ordered from the beginning and even though my Bronco has been sitting there since 6/23 they still don’t think we qualify for the Ford Pass bonus points. What at the actual $&&$!! Dumb move @Ford

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok… For everyone wildly throwing around comments and opinions on this with no basis let me give you my thoughts on this…

First, I’m a former process engineer with an automotive supplier who worked with all the manufacturers. In an 18 month period I brought on a new facility expansion with 35 work centers and 22 new vehicles including the first generation Ford Edge. I have some insights/experience in this.

1) Webasto did not get the normal ramp up period a supplier gets. COVID cut into it when their facility was delayed. Many issues would of been worked out before Build #1 if this had been normal times.

2) Everyone assuming Ford just decided this week to redesign the tops, I highly doubt this. For an issue this size, I’m sure Ford and Webasto have been working multiple contingencies. I’ll even wager that the new top has already been produced in a normal production environment on the production equipment (ie not a prototype under ideal conditions). This leads me to my next point…

3) The timeline given sounds about right for getting the new tooling in place. Not redesign/testing/production ramp up . Might even be using the same tooling with modification. Also, the molds in this application wear out with time, they are constantly being reworked/refurbished/repaired. New tooling in this case is not a big deal.

4) Give the people involved with this a break. I’m betting they have been working non-stop, 80 hrs weeks and are beyond exhausted. When I did this work it was not uncommon for me to come home at the end of the day, lay down in the middle of the living room floor and fall asleep. You don’t know what this is like and frankly, most of you aren’t up to handling it.

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator And here the confirmation you have all been waiting for folks. Glad I switched to a Badlands soft top when I had the chance.
Exactly. Glad to have mine for almost a month now, but given the situation of everyone waiting on a hard top, only very slightly disappointed to miss out on the hardtop prep package - especially since I never realized that wasn't included to begin with. Does that count as a humble brag?

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I guess I need to schedule the oil change I've been putting off since I won't be getting my truck until next month at the earliest.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope they take this opportunity to reassess the headliner as well. It's an insult to halfassed efforts everywhere.
Thanks for this. We could all use a laugh right now to offset all these opposite-of-laugh emotions.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
THIS GIF right here... this should be the official GIF for all of us who are drinking the Kool-Aid. GeezOhMan... Gotta love it.