First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how many of us with a VIN that has yet to be built will end up with a 2021-1/2 model? Built
By the time these become collectible, gas powered vehicles will be outlawed and unlawful to drive on the autonomous only roads..
"Where we're going, we don't need roads.
Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Homie. It clearly addressed this in the FAQ that was posted.
Not really “Homie”. The FAQ says if your date has already passed they will prioritize and replace as they can. Ok, I get that, however, the Awareness Communications Memo says this whole thing only applies to units built between 1/28 and 7/21, thus my question about those built SINCE 7/21.

But thanks for your reply, homie.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At least this confirms that my two door Big Bend with a build date of July 1st is sitting in a holding lot. Now it's time to enjoy a ride in my 2019 two door Jeep Rubicon.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.
This is a garbage decision!

Ford should have shipped the #badbatch broncos out, or not produced them in the first place!

I was hoping they would have just sent them out & did the fix through the dealerships and pause any unbuilt MIC units until ready to rock even if that meant just FE for the rest of 21MY.

I love my Ford cars & trucks don't get me wrong but this has been a shit show like I've never seen! Ford is 118 years old, so maybe when they hit 120 they'll figure out how to build vehicles efficiently?

While I'm on my rant; Why do they always mention the "timestamp" when clearly it means nothing? When you get "built early" only to rot in a construction site for several weeks/months is it still worth mentioning?

Something that should make everyone mad; Is that dealerships across Canada have received a ton of MIC & Softie retail orders to date. People with no reservation, no timestamp, no deposit and who haven't had to wait, literally walked onto dealer lots and drove their bronco home (bad MIC top and all). While those of us who reserved a year+ ago are forced to sit on the side lines and now will be waiting months more? What a joke!

Lastly; Thank you to all the bronco designers, engineers, UAW workers and various Ford employees, we all know this isn't your call and you have to follow managements direction!

Flatlander

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I placed my order in late June 2021 - built a Black Diamond due to price constraints. I guess I am SOL on my MSRP now. Does this mean I am completely open to whatever Ford wants to change MSRP to at the time my order goes into production? May be a cancellation for me. Really sucks, but pushing this vehicle any closer to 50k is a no go for me. Possible new Tundra in my future now. My 06 has treated me very well.

Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What?

You have a VIN because they had or anticipated having the parts… the fact your build (completion) date keeps getting pushed is because there’s some problem… likely this top problem.

You bronco is probably sitting there done except for one last thing.

You can’t change your order because your bronco is ostensibly done. I’m not talking about Ford keeping to their word, or making an argument about MY22 options…

…just that if you have a VIN, and the build completion date keeps getting pushed, that most likely means your bronco is sitting there waiting for the last component. That’s something to be excited about, especially based on this news that you’re going to get an improved top.
No, my build START date keeps getting pushed. They haven't even started on it. I'm not in the bad batch group. Every time my build date moves it's >2 weeks before my build date was supposed to start. I'm in this group:

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced Screenshot 2021-08-12 101641

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
after. reading all the letters, it all boils down to if you have your vehicle, or its already made but sitting at MAP, your first in line to get new top. BUT it says dealer wont get parts till october sometime. if your like me and have no VIN your screwed, we will get MY22, but who knows when that will be because they have at least 3000 new roofs to make for current broncos before they will even think of making more broncos with the new mic roof. it said if you want the new mic roof later, and order the soft top now just to get your vehicle. the new mic top as a dealer accessory will not be available until calendar year 2023, AND they will charge you some shipping cost on top of sticker price to buy the mic roof.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what we’re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
First of all thank you for finally coming clean. With that said, ship the MIC top Broncos already built. If it's truly just cosmetic issues then it can be handled at the dealer like the MIC Broncos already in the wild. If not, it's either because Ford is too cheap to absorb the costs for the incompetence that's lead up to this point or doesn't trust the dealer network's ability to handle the repairs. Given you're going to have them field service the MIC tops already in the wild this is looking like strictly a financial play with customer satisfaction taking a back seat.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THiS isNt ForDs fAuLt ItS a pAnDeMiC

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628781564711

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22lbs package 📦 is a 10kg worth of scrap V1 MIC Top showing how bad it is. It’s a collectible edition.
Comes with a plaid print embossing

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what we’re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
“actively starting to communicate.”

Sums this up perfectly! A year too late.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Assuming you had to put additional money down at the time of order (in addition to the $100.00 res fee), has anyone who canceled their order encountered any resistance to getting their deposit back from the dealer?

Powers2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco 302, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I didn't see it. I have a 7/13 blend date and my tracker says "in production" as of 7/14 and has been that way ever since (i.e., it hasn't clicked over to built.) Does this mean I am in the group that can expect an update in September (build date has passed) or the group that is in October update (vehicle is scheduled for production)?
Sponsored