Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Shelby Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am currently a FE order holder with no build date yet. Would switching my order to a soft top wildtrak be a dumb idea, or potentially better for getting my order sooner?

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to describe this rollout in one word it would be "ugh".

NoDoors

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else find it annoying that they are prioritizing the ones already delivered, where they are most likely sitting in garages and not stranded on a lot by a dirt mountain? One would think they’d take care of the ones parked at map for a month over the ones that have already been delivered and being enjoyed by the costumers. Why not care of the purgatory builds and then send out replacements to those already delivered. After all at least they get to drive theirs
Again, I believe this is social media driven. Can't risk a bunch of people posting pictures with hashtag #leakybronco. That's the biggest exposure because they can't control it so they are taking it off the board first.

There should be a separate apologist forum, BTW. It's complicated, it's a pandemic, manufacturing is hard. That stuff is priced in. I build and manufacture things. Nobody is grading me on a curve because the world is more unpredictable. I can promise that there is a lot of 'how did we let this happen' discussion going on in Michigan right now. it's a pandemic, and supply chain is F'ed. You don't get extra credit for managing that because you made commitments and nobody cut a check for your best effort to deliver their Bronco. They wanted a Bronco.

If you had put out a disclaimer that due to the pandemic, supply chain is stressed and that anybody thinking about a Bronco should consider the fact that they could be facing a 90-120 day delay, then sure, buyer beware. You didn't do that because it would have impacted sales.

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"...we will be producing FEWER 2021 Bronco models than originally planned." Nice. no mention of how many fewer....10%? 20%? 30%?

Sponsored

SatTerra

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra, 320i GT BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And not one word about those of us who are holding the line for the painted roof top pushed out to MY23? F this ...

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the information. Since my new vehicle has been sitting and will continue to sit for 3 plus months, Also my two trade in vehicles keep aging, I continue to loose money as this roll out keeps slipping. I think some compensation should be considered.
The only way you quit loosing money in this is to walk away - let the market correct itself. Don't let Ford be rewarded for this behavior as a product manufacturer.

They can take the hit, and they should - or they will not bat an eye at doing the same thing over and over in years to come.

IF you don't want to gamble on a Holding-Lot Edition Bronco, just get over FOMO, move on to something else, and circle around to what will be a much better product (Bronco) in a couple of years after Ford takes a huge hit, cleans house, and changes their corporate ways.

Other than that - wait, take a gamble, hope it turns out fine.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am currently a FE order holder with no build date yet. Would switching my order to a soft top wildtrak be a dumb idea, or potentially better for getting my order sooner?
The way I took it was any FE will be delivered before the end of the year, anything else needs a prayer.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can "un" 99 my order whenever and it goes into the mix as a viable order. It states your reservation timestamp will remain with their order scheduling priority in 22MY. So when the 22MY options/colors opens up, I'll update my order and un 99 it. When 22MY goes into production it will be based off my timestamp. Not sure what you're reading or interpreting.
Yes, after ALL the FE's, Parked and delivered MIC's as well as VIN'd Broncos...you will be first, unless your dealer runs out of allotment or if there are many "early reservations" in front of you. There will be many first day reservation holders who chose a very popular dealership who wont be seeing Broncos for a very long time.
I wish you luck and hoping for some to come my way, this has been way too painful for us all!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have a 7/22 build date - does that mean I got a good roof? I am still in the holding yard, but hte notice goes to 7/21

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628783688242

Sponsored

Dangerranger

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, hard to believe how many whiny ass responses there are. Yeah, go ahead and bitch me out. They have close to 200k orders and have only been building them since June. We've been in a pandemic with parts and transport issues in every industry. Ford has discovered a major production/quality problem on a brand new platform and they are figuring it out the best they can. Yet some of you are acting like entitled children. Guess the proverbial glass is always half empty for you, not half full. I'm from a different generation and really surprised by all of the negative whining. Please, go buy a Jeep or something so you can be at peace with yourself and the rest of us will get our Broncos sooner. 😁 😁
Now that’s just dumb, ford has been messing up launches for years. And no Covid isn’t a valid excuse when you run the hard top plant. This is unacceptable even in this bad Environment

BroncoBass

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While obviously disappointed with the delay, I would much rather have a solid product than one that was rushed out the door too quickly. I plan on keeping this Bronco forever! The best things in life are worth waiting for, right @Ford Motor Company?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you already have a vin, but get pushed into 22, will it be a 2022, or will it have to be a 2021 because you already have that vin

build date week of 9/20, who thinks i'll still get it in 2021
I'm thinking the VIN is locked to a model year, for a '22 you would need a new VIN and I don't see that happening, but it only a guess?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have a 7/22 build date - does that mean I got a good roof? I am still in the holding yard, but hte notice goes to 7/21

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628783688242
No. Those dates everyone is posting are just for delivered vehicles. No hard tops shipped after 7/21.

• My vehicle build date has passed: No action is required; your vehicle is unfortunately impacted by the above customer satisfaction action and is at Michigan Assembly Plant awaiting a replacement roof. We will prioritize the oldest units first and will send you more detailed delivery timing updates in September based on your VIN.
  • My Bronco with a molded-in-color hardtop is scheduled for production: No action is required; your vehicle is unfortunately impacted by the above customer satisfaction action. We need to replace all existing molded-in-color hardtop roofs before we can make any new hardtop Broncos. You’ll be updated via email on your vehicle timing by early October.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1628783688242.png
Probably means you have good roof that's going to be moved on to a First Edition lol.
Sponsored