First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company it would be nice if those with VINs and no production yet could opt for a dual top-- get built with the soft top and you deliver us the hardtop when it is ready through our dealership. That way we get our Bronco sooner (or build it and throw the soft top in complimentary as good will and deliver hard top when it's ready).

Also, I think Ford needs to get control of the dealerships and no mark ups permitted on ANY custom orders that are already in or holding. What's the point of a price guarantee through 2023 with dealers trying to add market adjustments to custom orders. If customers knew certain dealers were planning to do this they would have taken their business elsewhere. It is price gouging during a pandemic. We see it in Florida during hurricanes. It's ethically wrong. Business ethics 101 IMO
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally random question (disclosure - I have a VIN, but am not a FE) Will there be fewer NON-First Edition Broncos from year 2021 than FEs?

I had a build date of 8/9, so I'm guessing I'll get one at the end of the year.
For all the moaning, the purgatory broncos (2,200 or so) are going to wind up being the real collectible when MY21 is done. If you got built this week as planned, you are in that rarified air.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, hard to believe how many whiny ass responses there are. Yeah, go ahead and bitch me out. They have close to 200k orders and have only been building them since June. We've been in a pandemic with parts and transport issues in every industry. Ford has discovered a major production/quality problem on a brand new platform and they are figuring it out the best they can. Yet some of you are acting like entitled children. Guess the proverbial glass is always half empty for you, not half full. I'm from a different generation and really surprised by all of the negative whining. Please, go buy a Jeep or something so you can be at peace with yourself and the rest of us will get our Broncos sooner. 😁 😁
Isn't that what Forums are for is to vent and whine? Regardless of who is at fault for the delay, everyone is still disappointed. I am not aware of anyone jumping off bridges or out of windows because their Bronco is delayed ...yet. But you certainly have a point there is a lot whining going on but that is about all we can do at this point.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a lighter note, my dog pooped on the couch. We all knew this was coming but at least Ford is finally going to admit something.

iceicecream

Base
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser fj80
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can "un" 99 my order whenever and it goes into the mix as a viable order. It states your reservation timestamp will remain with their order scheduling priority in 22MY. So when the 22MY options/colors opens up, I'll update my order and un 99 it. When 22MY goes into production it will be based off my timestamp. Not sure what you're reading or interpreting.
I can "un" 99 my order whenever and it goes into the mix as a viable order. It states your reservation timestamp will remain with their order scheduling priority in 22MY. So when the 22MY options/colors opens up, I'll update my order and un 99 it. When 22MY goes into production it will be based off my timestamp. Not sure what you're reading or interpreting.
sorry, somewhat new here... but what exactly does priority code 99 mean? My order was 99 until about 4/12/21 and now it says it’s changed to 13
Any insights as to what that means?

Sponsored

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that’s taken delivery of their bronco want to buy some aftermarket wheels. I’ve got a sweet set I may be willing to let go cheap. 🤣 Doesn’t look like I’ll be needing them any time soon.

SMACKETT330

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What about the people that had a build date this week? Do we have to wait for everyone else to get the new mic tops before we get our vehicle?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just woke up (west coaster) and this is way too many words...

Let me see if I understand this correctly as a VIN holder: 0% of getting a vehicle any time soon. 0% chance of changing the order to a soft top and 100% chance that I wont get a vehicle until a whole new designed top is spun up and every existing top is replaced..?

Thats a solid 10,000+ tops, at least. 7K First Editions, 3K at least in the lots, plus the ones on the road..

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 11.56.47 AM.png

They are only switching out the removable panels and the rear quarter glass (not the cap).
No - the entire roof assembly is being replaced. This is being described this way as they won't ship the "replacement kits" to the dealers with the glass in place. It will need to be installed in the new cap by the dealer.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the cost of replacing a known bad top - including dealer labor and freight shipping - adds too much for Ford to consider it.
You mean like how fixing the rear end on the Pinto cost too much for Ford to consider fixing it?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just woke up (west coaster) and this is way too many words...

Let me see if I understand this correctly as a VIN holder: 0% of getting a vehicle any time soon. 0% chance of changing the order to a soft top and 100% chance that I wont get a vehicle until a whole new designed top is spun up and every existing top is replaced..?

Thats a solid 10,000+ tops, at least. 7K First Editions, 3K at least in the lots, plus the ones on the road..
I think that is the Painful (but responsible) solution my boy premier was talking about in his other post

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey, you have every right to be a dick. This has been a mess.

The design issue is the unfinished edges. Initially, these were to be treated and sealed but it was never successful. The "coating" applied at the plant lasted for about a week, if that. The other issues plaguing the MIC top - thickness of outer ply, uniformity of material thickness, and forming issues within the clamshell - were perhaps made more challenging by the tooling but not necessarily impossible. This new design and tooling should aid in ALL these factors.

As for the 8/2 "full speed" production, that was the plan. Heels were firmly dug in on the engineering of the top and all fingers were pointed towards Plymouth. There was hope that the "best" of the roof units being delivered to MAP could at least be used to complete FE and stranded builds, but as more and more units were evaluated, it became clear that it was a bigger liability to release more of these out into the wild than to just scrap the thing and start over.

Like I said last night, this move HURTS... especially the "bad batch" crew of 2,200+ builds stuck at MAP, but it's absolutely the best way to address it at this juncture. A LOT of these headaches could have been alleviated by pulling the plug when the first issues became apparent, but that's not where we are.
This was absolutely not the best way to address the Bad Batch Broncos. They should ship them as is since the roof issues are cosmetic. Then have the owners sign a waiver that the roof will be replaced by the dealer at a later date once they’re available. That way reservation holders can enjoy their Broncos instead of sitting on Dirt Mountain for months. It’s clear the financial bottom line is more important than customer satisfaction.
Sponsored