Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really think the "new design" roof is NOT a thing and was NEVER a thing, this forum is the only place I've ever heard about this, the unavailability is by design, Ford's choice, I've never heard anything from an official source?
I also find the dynamic weight rating a bit puzzling considering Ford will provide you a 130lbs tent to put on top of it with warrantee!
Sure, they'll sell you a 130 lbs tent... They'll just tell you, you can't drive with it up there!
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope I'm not repeating something already stated somewhere in the last 40+ pages of responses, but am I understanding correctly that if a reservation holder of a hard top Bronco doesn't already have a production date (excluding First Edition), then they will NOT receive a '21 Bronco and will roll into the '22 model?
Yes. No Production Date (VIN), no 2021.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we know if this new design has been tested? Any chance we could end up in exactly the same position in 2 months?
I would imagine that they are already hitting the production line and if you read carefully through the document, it suggests that models built up to 21 Jul 2021 are affected, but nothing about the build dates in August.

I would suggest that the August builds could potentially be low production MIC V2 Guinea pigs following the 1 week shutdown. We won't know until they are released from QA and shipped. If they ship early, then they obviously will have V2 tops, if not... Dirt mountain.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope I'm not repeating something already stated somewhere in the last 40+ pages of responses, but am I understanding correctly that if a reservation holder of a hard top Bronco doesn't already have a production date (excluding First Edition), then they will NOT receive a '21 Bronco and will roll into the '22 model?
Yes, I believe that sums it up . . .

BDSQTCH21

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4 Supercrew 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doing some back of the napkin math. All of these are guesses. Anyone else have some more solid numbers?
The number of MIC tops needed:
- FE - Builds = 7,000 (this includes delivered, dirt pit and to be built FE's)
- Dirt Pit (MAP hostage) Broncos = Say 2,000 (excluding FE's above)
- Already delivered hard top Broncos = Say 3,000 (excluding FE's above).
- 2021 VIN generated but not built Bronco's (scheduled in June and July with delayed production) = Say 6,000

That totals to 18,000 Bronco hard tops needed to complete 2021 production.

When will Webasto production of the new improved MIC tops begin? IDK, lets use October 11.

How many tops can Webasto produce per day? IDK lets use 500 per day. and figure the plant is running 6 days a week just to be optimistic. That would be 3,000 tops per week or six weeks of production to build the 18,000 tops with no disruptions.

That takes up to Thanksgiving to produce the needed tops for 2021 production.

If Ford produces 2021 Broncos into the first week or two of December then I think they can get everything above accomplished. But, there isn't any wiggle room (unless Webasto can somehow produce more than 500 tops per day).
I think your numbers may be off. Ross said there's only like 300 MIC tops in customer hands, I seriously doubt 3000. Also some of the FE's are dirt pile Bronc's. I also don't think 6000 MIC tops are in production que.

That being said 500 per day out of Webasto is probably way optimistic. 200-300 is probably closer. I figure they need around 10000 to complete my21.

It's definitely going to be a tight squeeze for Ford to deliver on this.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The question with all of this is Will Ford actually be able to fix the top issue that quickly? I have no faith in this company anymore, why should I think they could get the job done right? They just keep kicking the ball down the street. I ordered a base bronco, a BASE! and they can't give me a timeline because I have a hardtop and V6. How dumb is this company that the V6 is a constraint!! Its the dumbest thing in the world. I don't want to wait for another year hoping for a timeline or window of when to expect it just to get another shitty post pushing me back to model year 2023 because I honestly believe Ford is going to keep doing this every couple months, the hardtop situation is a complete disaster that will take awhile to fix. Also gonna hate seeing dumb dumbs in soft top big bends driving around for the next couple months while those of us who've had orders and reservations for over a YEAR wait with no actual timeline from Ford. I've been looking at 4runners and Taco's for awhile now and if they give me a couple month wait to build then I'm jumping ship and 99'ing my order to 23. Ive wanted a bronco since I was a little kid seeing them at the dream cruise, I hate Ford for screwing up this badly and completely botching the response to their screwup. They've turned excitement and joy into hatred and depression #FUCKFORD @FordMotorCompany
So much for the open and transparent communication from FoMoCo, huh. You're still mad anyway.

Lol.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not how I read this at all. Sounds to me like order of events is:

1) Build FE's with good or bad tops (to replace later) and get them out the door

2) Once redesign tops are available fix the Bad Batch Broncos and ship them out the door

3) Once all bad batch Broncos are off the lot, ship out tops to already delivered original design MIC owners.

4) Pat everyone on the back for another flawless vehicle launch.
What do you think they are going to put on top of the First Editions? There are currently no good MIC tops. They need to be retooled and built from scratch which doesn't start until September/October.

BeastMode

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't thank you all enough for posting here. I'm getting ZERO info from dealer- even when asking questions addressed here. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be ABSOLUTELY in the dark... and walking to work!
Most likely not your dealers fault. My husband is my dealer and he just found this morning at the same time that everyone on this forum did, and they had their Ford Rep at the dealership yesterday and asked them about the delay in mine and another clients Bronco's that were build mid-July. The rep told the owner of the dealership they didn't know. So dealers have not been keeping anyone in the dark. They haven't heard anything until now either.

Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That new 22 Pathfinder is starting to look like a great option while ford figures this out over the next 2-3 years. I am willing to wait, but I need a replacement in the very near future, and with Used car resale values at a premium right now, It may be the time to move and circle back in a few years to the Bronco, some real communication from Ford would help me make up my mind.

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lmfao, there are less paint options planned. You'll get the same product but it will just cost you more.
Order in before 3/19 so price wont change, the paint option are shiiiittt so no loss there..🤣🤣🤣

erniecombs

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an early reservation # from July 24, 2020. I was converted to an order but never scheduled for production. I just changed my Wildtrak package to a Badlands with a soft top to hopefully secure a 21 Bronco. Fingers crossed. Its so hard to be patient. I’m so excited about my Bronco.

Per the announcement from Ford them say that delays can also be caused by Sasquatch, 2.7L, tow package and lux package all of which I still have.

I’m just venting…

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if this has already been asked/if I am dumb and do not understand my situation.
My bronco is "in production" with a blend date of 8/13. It is a two door badlands MIC top. As I have spent many hours on this site, I have become rather skeptical.
Would anyone mind explaining what my situation likely is?
Thanks!
Sponsored