First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got signed on to this thread so I'm kind of out of the loop at this point. I placed my order in January for a hard top, 2 door Outer Banks. I've not heard anything other than there is a problem with the hard tops. Can someone update me as to any idea when production will start?
Sponsored

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be sent to dirt mountain for now (a holding lot outside of MAP). Starting in October, Ford will start replacing on-road MICs, then the dirt mountain MIC tops from oldest to newest. You are probably looking at October/November delivery at the earliest and with no delays in the new MIC top.
Darn that's too bad. Wish they would let 2 door owners get a soft top.
I mean for me as long as the tops don't leak in the rain (which i'm guessing they would (?), I'd take it and just buy one of the soft tops from the accessories site.
Oh well though, I mean at the end of the day it's just a car lol.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So much anger over a vehicle you haven’t paid for. I’m guessing a lot of you guys didn’t get hugged enough as kids…
How would you feel if you sold your car (the same week my Bronco was built) and even figured in time for delays "just incase" to find out that your not getting your Bronco till maybe four-five fucking months later, if there isn't any other issues?

Last edited:

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I didn't see it. I have a 7/13 blend date and my tracker says "in production" as of 7/14 and has been that way ever since (i.e., it hasn't clicked over to built.) Does this mean I am in the group that can expect an update in September (build date has passed) or the group that is in October update (vehicle is scheduled for production)?
Your build is sitting on dirt mountain and you can expect communication (not a top) by September. Right there with you - I’m a 8/4 build.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got signed on to this thread so I'm kind of out of the loop at this point. I placed my order in January for a hard top, 2 door Outer Banks. I've not heard anything other than there is a problem with the hard tops. Can someone update me as to any idea when production will start?
Pull up a chair. We have a lot to catch you up on!

The short is you won't get your 2dr OBX until next year sometime. If you ordered a shiny black top, it'll be calendar year 2023

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
//
Squatch Bronc said:
I think this is really good news. What Ford is doing is both admirable and honorable. I am happy that they chose quality over quantity; customer satisfaction, over profits.

We cannot imagine what Ford has been up against, and it is wise to show understanding and patience in this process. This letter confirms to me that I made the right choice in ordering a Bronco. I know that when my vehicle arrives, it will be the kind of quality I hoped for.
//
Is Ford literally your mom

//
Yes.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wallstreet does not appear to care too much, stock is just a little down from yesterday's close.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welp, there it is. Not even an email to address us, just throw it up on the site. Well done once again @Ford Motor Company .
This was the notice to the dealers that Ford is going to contact the order holders...thus we will get an e-mail.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, funny that the stock forums are not mentioning the current problems with the Bronco and are touting overall Bronco sales. If you are not an order holder the delay does not appear to be a big deal.

Sponsored

Springbok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X3M, 15 BMW X5, 14 PORSCHE BOXSTER S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford really is the worst. Tesla is more competent at building vehicles and that’s saying something!

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it's been reported widely yet

Once that official Ford email goes out tho...
Oh, its been widely reported for 3 hours now. Just google Ford Bronco and you will see articles from Fox, CNBC, The Drive, CNET, etc.

Last edited:

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I kind of read the guidance (based on the delivery estimate for MAP Broncos to be delivered in September as opposed to October) to be that they're going to try and fix the MAP Broncos first, then start shipping "replacement kits" to current owners afterwards. Is your contact telling you that the order you're talking about (current owners, MAP Broncos, First Editions) is correct? Just curious based on the wording of the release.
Yeah when I first read it I took it the same way. Then I saw where @PREMiERdrum said the delivered ones will be first in line. Which to me is lame since they are already enjoying their Broncos and most likely have garages to park them in. Where ours just sit at dirt mountain taking on some mean elements with roofs that aren’t ideal

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not getting your Bronco until sometime next year is the short of it.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we're MY22, Ford should offset the pain with something. Offer a trim on all trim levels that is a neutral color (gray?) for the accent color, or something.
Sponsored