_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So will the public at large. We are enthusiasts so we know about Webasto but the average consumer has no idea. They will just blame Ford. Why Ford seems to be the only one that doesn’t know that is beyond me.
PREMiERdrum stated that the design itself is the issue, since there are issues even when everything is built to spec. The design and tooling is Ford's. Webasto just does the manufacturing.

As much flak as Webasto got, some of it deserved, it really does seem like it was mainly a Ford problem all along.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Small point considering the above news but still a mild concern: What if the color of our Bronco for us that ordered 2021 such as Cactus Gray, is not offered in 2022. Will we have to change?
No one knows what will or won't be available for 2022.

But.....if the colour you wanted isn't available then it isn't available. Simple as that. You'll have to change.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is already happening with the SuperDuty. People are getting straight off the line MY2022's while others are still waiting on their orders for MY2021's built months ago.
Im suddenly happy I don't have a deposit and purchase order agreement on my Bronco lol

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2 door base with a VIN and a production date that bounced from Aug 23 to Aug 30 to Sept 27.. Any guesses what this means for me?

It looks like I'm in the 3rd category and might actually get mine this year.
Awe….. I like you. You got jokes.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 door base with a VIN and a production date that bounced from Aug 23 to Aug 30 to Sept 27.. Any guesses what this means for me?

It looks like I'm in the 3rd category and might actually get mine this year.
I'm in a similar boat. Got a VIN, had a July build week, then an Aug build week, now they say Oct 4th. Does that mean MY21 for me? Will I get my MY21 in 2022?

So because I have a VIN and have been In Order Processing for months, does that mean I CAN'T have green?

Sponsored

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Moray Callum was here.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My most light hearted meme. 😂😂🤠🤠
Since I’m waiting till November.
#badbatchkids🤘🏻
Edit: Ford yall are doing great. Thanks for doing us good and telling us what’s going on! Shout out to the Local 900 keep kicking ass!!
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 2DB0FAD1-4B65-4C92-A0AB-5CC67982B31C

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NocAug79

Wildtrak
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm very curious why they haven't started to allow Wildtrak orders to change to soft tops. They've been producing them as demos at dealers, so it would only make sense at this point.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PREMiERdrum stated that the design itself is the issue, since there are issues even when everything is built to spec. The design and tooling is Ford's. Webasto just does the manufacturing.

As much flak as Webasto got, some of it deserved, it really does seem like it was mainly a Ford problem all along.
I bet that fact gets lost in the noise.

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My rig (4dr FE) was supposed to be built today. Now, with today’s news, I gather it will get the revised top “someday” and I likely won’t see this MY21 until a few days before MY22 begins. First world problems, I know and a lot of early res non-FEs have no idea when they will get theirs.

Just honestly to the point where I don’t care enough any more to even be pissed. Maybe time to jump off the forum and see what I’ve been missing all this time while I’ve been obsessing over this vehicle.

Shame. Looks like Ford put together a great machine (aside from the crappy MIC).

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad they've addressed the issue finally and they're fixing it... it sucks but it's the right move.

At this point... I have a VIN... had a July 27 build date, after multiple delays I'm currently at a Sept 13th build. Just in that perma-hover state of... will I get it this year? or is it time to talk about getting 'first' inline for a '22 model? Other than paint and a manual on sasquatch doesn't sound like anything else is changing other than the model year. Right now I'm staying in the holding pattern but... have to question that move.