indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wallstreet does not appear to care too much, stock is just a little down from yesterday's close.
Maybe not, but my Jeep (STLA) stock opened higher this morning. :)
Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point... I have a VIN... had a July 27 build date, after multiple delays I'm currently at a Sept 13th build. Just in that perma-hover state of... will I get it this year? or is it time to talk about getting 'first' inline for a '22 model? Other than paint and a manual on sasquatch doesn't sound like anything else is changing other than the model year. Right now I'm staying in the holding pattern but... have to question that move.
If you have a VIN, you can't 99 it anymore. You don't really have an option other than wait it out or cancel.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So much anger over a vehicle you haven’t paid for. I’m guessing a lot of you guys didn’t get hugged enough as kids…
But, I have paid for mine... So... Stay Pumped.

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does this mean guys with assigned build dates even with MIC tops builds could still get a 2021??

It sounds like we'll get strung along for another 2 months without knowing for sure. I suppose they need to gauge incoming MIC supply over the course of time as they fix the others.
Same question let me know if you figure out reading between the lines??

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
PREMiERdrum stated that the design itself is the issue, since there are issues even when everything is built to spec. The design and tooling is Ford's. Webasto just does the manufacturing.

As much flak as Webasto got, some of it deserved, it really does seem like it was mainly a Ford problem all along.
Exactly.

Pablo Diez

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First post.. there has been a once in a 100 year worldwide pandemic causing supply issues for everything so its kinda dopey to get really pissed at Ford for delays.. I ordered a Black Diamond pre March 19 so will be getting a MY 2022 with 2021 price lock.. Dealers may screw you but I don't think its likely, they make most of the revenue on used cars and servicing.. Bright spot is MY 2022 will likely fix many of the bugs common with first year models.. just my 2 cents

igotnoclevername

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia; Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm very curious why they haven't started to allow Wildtrak orders to change to soft tops. They've been producing them as demos at dealers, so it would only make sense at this point.
Even if you swapped your WT to a soft top you've still got other sins, like that sasquatch package, that's going to keep it from getting built.

Last edited:

SLBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer/Lease Mercedes CLS63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question? So my 2 door Black Diamond Sasquatch 2.7 is clearly getting pushed to MY22 because it has not yet been scheduled for production. I have a 7/16 reservation date. So since the delay is caused by the MIC top will I be eligible for the 200,000 Ford Pass Points or does that only apply to those who initially ordered the black painted modular top?

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don't they just swing over to mod top production? It's already designed for the 4 door, already prototyped... Just don't paint the stupid thing!
Starting over from scratch and hoping to be cranking them out in 7 weeks....?
🤷
There’s a new vendor and the they haven’t even said who it is yet.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This sounds to me like the dirt mountain broncos are going be MY21 cars delivered in early 2022.

And theres nothing the reservation holders can do. Can't flip to MY22, can't change their current config. Just stuck taking on a full MSRP MY21 vehicle in early 2022. What's going to be interesting is what happens when the first 2022 Broncos are getting delivered before some of the 2021 Broncos lol. What. A. Mess.

The sand lot kids expect their Broncos in mid-October through November at the latest. We get the newly designed tops after the few hundred that have been delivered already get replaced.

If Ford can't come through that part of their "solution" then everything else gets pushed back as well.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a serious note….. we’ll probably all have lot rot! 🤮
I think a lot of you are overly concerned about lot rot. Three to 5 months in a barren field is not any worse than sitting in a dealership lot. Mice are not going to swarm in by the thousands and start chewing on every delicious wire they can get to; the sun isn't any harsher on the paint, interior and tires than it is sitting in your driveway or work parking lot; and I doubt all the MICs will start leaking just sitting there (certainly not flooding the interior). I have Jeeps that have sat in the driveway (undriven) for longer without any lot rot. If my Bronco is going to "rot" just by sitting in a lot for 6 months, I don't want it.

The only thing I'm mildly concerned about is the rotors rusting/pitting and the pads deteriorating. I'll make sure my dealer inspects and documents that before I take delivery. I'll also request them to look for and document any signs of water intrusion and mice (just in case)--water leaves stains and mice poop and pee everywhere. I'll also include those in my pre-delivery inspection (before they prep it) as well.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2 door base with a VIN and a production date that bounced from Aug 23 to Aug 30 to Sept 27.. Any guesses what this means for me?

It looks like I'm in the 3rd category and might actually get mine this year.
Have a 2 door OB setting on 8/16 no change and have a vin...

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SO now emails are coming in for those that were scheduled (with soft tops). Picked a great day for the announcement, it's like now here comes a wave of people taking your place in line in production (100% at no fault of their own), when I've had a VIN since May 27th and didn't even have the option to change to a soft top.

Too soon for me to be happy for anyone else....

Urg, I definitely need a beer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I contacted FMC today and attempted to get an answer regarding the hardtop Broncos built after 7/21 (including my specific Bronco 1FMDE5CP2MLA76229 built on 8/5). I also asked when my Bronco would ship.

@Ford Motor Company, do you want to know what they told me?

They proceeded to blame a February earthquake in Japan, the global pandemic, and a shortage of CHIPS - stating that deliveries were delayed because of a lack of CHIPS!!! I know better than that and you know better than to make excuses at this point. More to the point, they had no idea whether or not my Bronco was affected by the hardtop issue and your FAQ doesn't address hardtop production in the first 2 weeks of August.

I would hope that you address this @Ford Motor Company.
Sponsored