First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why won't they let FE reservations go soft-top only???
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've read the FAQs, read some headlines from Ford nation, 6g, etc but I'm seeing conflicting info.

It says (not talking FE) if you do not have a build date, you will be pushed to 2022. This means that everyone with a build date will still be getting their bronco in 2021?

Seems that's what they are saying in a backwards way. I'm priority 01, have had a vin and a date for end of August for over a month now. Never had the option to switch tops from my MIC. No idea what to expect.
Normally, once a VIN is issued it's too late for changes. This isn't a normal situation, so hard to tell this early if Ford will make changes. I believe many will be pushed to 22, some may get the option to switch tops if it can otherwise be built. Time is running for 21 model year. By the time Ford/Webasto have new tops starting to arrive, order banks will be open for 22's.

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's like starting all over again on reservation day.

"Deliveries should take place Summer of next year"

F******ck........

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My bronco was built July 22nd, that's one day after those affected, according to the info released. Anyone willing to bet my build will be lost in the mix? I'm thinking I'm a long way from "released to ship" update, or any email for that matter.
1st day reservation
BB
2.7L
4dr
MIC
Squatch

Screenshot_20210812-173021_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real collector item will be the 2021 Wildtraks that have already been produced. Likely more rare than first additions.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That thing was truly a concept car. Just not production at all. It was straight up dirty to show that at the “reveal” and act like that’s what they were making.
I took Lightning blue on my FE, but I would have absolutely took CO with the brown and black interior and those donut doors

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company

Why aren’t you offering more Ford Pass Reward Points for early reservation holders who were compelled to change their order from MIC top to soft-top because of your recommendation in addition to the supply constraints, issues, & flaws? You put some of us in a tough situation with all of these setbacks, I.e. we had to sacrifice the hardtop + FREE sound deadening headliner ($395 MSRP) bonus just to help improve our chances of getting a MY2021…because we need a car.

Additionally, hard tops won’t be available to MY2023 and at a higher price + cost of freight?

You should provide additional reward points for early reservation holders who converted to soft-tops (which is something that can be proven/confirmed/validated by correspondence between consumers and their respective dealerships).

Sincerely,
07/15 Reservation

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What's absolutely mental to me for fellow Dirt Mountaineers is how poorly they are addressing units built and just sitting around.

1. If it's cosmetic only, like they say, give us an option to waive Ford liability and accept a bad QC roof at which point FMC is out = Money Saved
  2. If you can't waive liability like that (not a Lawyer so who knows...?) send the jank MIC, and charge me freight on the new one you're giving me anyways = Money Neutral
  3. Offer to toss on a soft top and refund MIC, if I want one later I'll buy one = Probably money lost due to the labor required off the line
  4. Run around with heads cut off trying to make tops like crazy and let 2k Broncos sit around while our customers get increasingly annoyed = Money assuredly wasted
Why you would choose 4 I have no idea. It's honestly the worst solution to this I think they could have come up with?
It’s the cheapest solution. Remember, if you get mad and cancel your reservation they’ll just sell it to someone else, and this way they don’t have to do anything.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company

Why aren’t you offering more Ford Pass Reward Points for early reservation holders who were compelled to change their order from MIC top to soft-top because of your recommendation in addition to the supply constraints, issues, & flaws? You put some of us in a tough situation with all of these setbacks, I.e. we had to sacrifice the hardtop + FREE sound deadening headliner ($395 MSRP) bonus just to help improve our chances of getting a MY2021…because we need a car.

Additionally, hard tops won’t be available to MY2023 and at a higher price + cost of freight?

You should provide additional reward points for early reservation holders who converted to soft-tops (which is something that can be proven/confirmed/validated by correspondence between consumers and their respective dealerships).

Sincerely,
07/15 Reservation
You were compelled if you wanted your Bronco sooner which you will receive sooner than someone with a MIC top, want to wait? you'll get a MIC top eventually.

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmmm. My Bronco was built yesterday. Still shows "In Production" on the tracker, but the modules are showing active.

I wonder what the cutoff date is for those that have to have roofs replaced, and ones that have the satisfactory roofs are.
Screenshot_20210812-173021_Chrome.jpg

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The schedule is optimistic, but the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Once that happens, it really shouldn't take THAT long to build out the 3,000 or so necessary units to address shipped rigs and the sandlot kids. From there they'll be able to finish all the FE units and then a few lucky non-FE MIC trucks.
Ok, so have a VIN and 9/20 build week for OBX MIC. Is it realistic to get by end of year. How far into 2022 can Ford keep producing 2021 Bronco’s?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This would be more acceptable / tolerable if Ford would just lock in a price for us for a MIC hardtop. I would be happy with driving around a soft top for a couple of years if I knew the MIC top would cost me say $1000 in 2023. The part that worries me is that the dealers love to make a dollar on parts so it would not surprise me that a top could be $5000 or more.
All Ford has to do is lock in a price and we can all make an informed decision. But this no price bull S#!T scares me.
I would say they’re gonna cost $2500-$3000 delivered to the dealer plus the $500 head liner if you want it.
Sponsored