First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An August reservation date means you're behind over 100,000 other people in the line. Even if there are only 40% soft tops, that's still 40K people and they haven't made that many. Don't be that surprised if you're also 2022.
Ok. Yeah. Hadn't seemed like that meant that much considering the situation. But it makes logical sense. I was just going by that information in that FAQ, they seem to suggest that they were going to have all of the reservation holders with soft tops in model year 21. But that would likely explain it. Thanks.
Sponsored

Blackandnlue

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An August reservation date means you're behind over 100,000 other people in the line. Even if there are only 40% soft tops, that's still 40K people and they haven't made that many. Don't be that surprised if you're also 2022.
Ok. Yeah. Hadn't seemed like that meant that much considering the situation. But it makes logical sense. I was just going by that information in that FAQ, they seem to suggest that they were going to have all of the reservation holders with soft tops in model year 21.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah it's a crappy spot to be in. I would rather not buy a Bronco than buy one riddled with problems. This delay may just force me to stay the course, assuming the price doesn't change much since I missed the 3/19 order deadline. I was irritated at first, but, the Webasto top is the tekata air bags waiting to happen if they continued down this path. Fixing it now is the right thing to do. I really wish for a 2-door soft top option. I am not sure Delta or whatever comes to our shores next won't delay this whole thing even more, but it is what it is. Checking out trucks this fall, but I'm likely not buying anything until inventories come back up and I can deal a little. At which time I may have a 22' Bronco built. I wish Ford would let us switch dealers at this point in the (shit) show. That would make me feel a little better.

My_2021_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 f250 , 2000 f350 ,2006 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this point everybody that reserved one in the 1st week should be offered their hard top free of charge and their order should be pushed through with a soft top.

Come on Ford get us out on the road Advertising for you!

My_2021_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 f250 , 2000 f350 ,2006 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I emailed the Dealer and changed to a soft top. Asked to pre order 2022 white hard top. I figure I well be tired of the soft top by the time I get the hard top. But come on Ford give us a discount on the hard top or free for getting it on the road advertising for them.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if already been asked. If I decide to wait and forced to get ‘22 year model will I lose the antimatter blue colour I picked. Read somewhere on this forum that this colour is disappearing?
'22 MY colors are unknown at this point. I don't think the leaked list is accurate, as Ford's top update yesterday again specifically called out a green color for '22, and it wasn't on that list.

I couldn't read through all the pages on this one did ford say if westbo is still gonna be the vendor for the tops or did they get anew vendor completely?
As far as we know, yes, Webasto will still be making the MIC tops. An unnamed supplier is reportedly getting the MOD tops, though.

So no one mentioned if/when we can order a MOD top!?!? I’d drop the MIC like a sack of potatoes if the MOD top became an option again for my FE.
MY '23, which hasn't changed since the last top update. FEs were all switched to MIC only some time ago - unless you order one via parts dept down the road, you won't get a MOD top from from the factory for your FE.

Just went on build and price it’s not even an option I had mod top then switch to mic on my FE who knows what they are doing now they might just give us a 6mil plastic sheet to drive around with.
MOD top is '23 MY.

I agree about the 2 doors but I would also add us Wildtrak folks in as well. I believe 100% that everyone who ordered a 2 door and a Wildtrak deserve the $1100 in Ford points if not more. We ordered vehicles that come standard with the hard top and we are not able to make a substitution for a soft top. We are screwed. Now I know a few of you might chime in and say we don't "deserve" anything and Ford doesn't owe us a darn thing... BUT... Ford doesn't just want me to make a one time purchase. Ford wants me to be a loyal customer to their brand and buy more Ford vehicles throughout my life. Ford is going to make a bazillion dollars from selling Broncos. Ford can afford to offer a discount on reserved orders or offer Ford points to make up for this clusterf**k of a launch.
Agreed here.

I’m sorry you’re disappointed maybe you should just buy something else.
Lol, why? I'm patiently waiting. But feel there should be some sort of "I'm sorry" offered to those that now have to wait 2 years because we're waiting for what we want rather than compromising.

well i got my email from Ford, while i am still a little upset the way this was handled, i now can appreciate what it is they are doing. this is by far the most responsible thing they could do and as a corporation i am sure it hurt them so much harder to have to do it. i just wish this wasnt leaked and was sent our individually to everyone prior to it getting leaked. i guess when i spend $50k on something in want that manufacturer to be proactive rather than reactive to something somebody shared as a leak. if this wasn't leaked would they have kept us in the dark even longer? was this always the plan? that is what i did not like. but in the end kudos to Ford for swallowing some pride in front of the entire automotive world and saying we need to step back and make this right if we want any chance to be able to continue to sell these to the offroad community. so yes its sad and yes i want it now but as long as they fix the squeaking and the the honey comb effect on the top, i guess i will continue to wait for another 8 months. good luck to all my Bronco brothers and sisters out ther who have gotten or are still waiting on the rides. hopefully we see some really cool sh*t from sema in the fall. it will give us all a little time to save up for our mods. (y)
Today's email isn't some reaction to a leak. I'm sure it was planned - the leaked info was sent to dealers yesterday so they could be informed for the inevitable wave of customer calls with today's emails. If they sent that out simultaneously to emails to customers - as you're implying (so no leaks), then people would complain their dealer didn't know anything when calling. In today's world, things like this are going to leak regardless. Send a personalized email, and someone would leak the email, and then dealers would be in the dark. Not sure what you're expecting here.

So those of us that submitted an order for a ‘21 after March 19 get no guarantee of price lock? Ford was happy to take our $100 and dealers taking our deposits for 2021’s. If my dealer amends my price up when I get my ‘22 order in I’m out
Yeah, this doesn't make sense to me either - I think it should be anyone with an order to this point gets price protection since they keep having issues/changing timelines themselves.

It'd be one thing if there were x number of units affected produced between a and b dates to lock only those into a price lock, but we're talking about a ton of affected orders here getting pushed back into '22 now with the latest delay - that's not fair to those that have come after the arbitrary March 19 cutoff.

While changing order to a soft top was covered, they did not specify whether a change would get you a '21 or simply move up the line for '22's. Also I think Ford has missed the boat with this. They really just need to offer a soft top to anyone that ordered a hard top with no direct change in order or price (dual top). It seems like that option could satisfy many more than simply adding the hard top hardware and then having to pay additional for the hard top. I'm fine waiting but Ford really needs to step up for early reservation/order holders.
Sounds like reality is they don't know where you'd wind up falling based on a variety of factors (option combos/option delays, parts availability, etc) that they wouldn't be able to guarantee a '21 even with a switch to soft top.

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point everybody that reserved one in the 1st week should be offered their hard top free of charge and their order should be pushed through with a soft top.

Come on Ford get us out on the road Advertising for you!
Or at least allow us to buy a hard-top later at the $695 cost. I approached my dealer and they indicated that Ford would not commit to that at all. My brother has a Jeep Unlimited. He ordered it with a soft top. A few months later we wanted to buy a hard-top for it, but as a stand-alone part it was pricing out in the $thousands$. I am not willing to take that chance. I know I want a hard-top in the long run. I guess I have no choice but to wait. This all really sucks as I am a day-one reservation holder with an 11:15 EST timestamp. I am now punted to MY22.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Without a more defined hard top plan for those who can and choose to switch to a soft top, I am standing my ground, I am already burned, dont need to be burned again. My choice to wait longer but I am going on facts and right now the only fact I have is if I want a hardtop, I have two real options wait for MIC, wait for MOD direct from the factory.

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@PREMiERdrum

Ross, thank you for your help in communicating this info to us. Day 1 res holder, 2 door badsquatch with lux and 2.7… I don’t have a Vin or build date yet so obviously I got the email today that basically moves me to a 2022 and tells me I’ll have to re-order sometime later this year. Like many I’m sure, I am contemplating a switch to a four-door with a soft top. It’s not really my preference but I wasn’t planning to have a top on my bronco much anyway other than a bimini. Obviously Ford isn’t going to do it but if they would send me my two door with a soft top I’d take that in a heartbeat. My question to you (and I know you can’t give an accurate answer but I’d love your opinion) is….Realistically, considering that Ford has to build new hard tops for already delivered vehicles, bad batch vehicles, first edition vehicles, etc., What is your best opinion/guess as to a realistic delivery date for hard tops that have to convert over to a 22? It just seems to me like it would be very probable that somebody like me might not be looking at realistic build and delivery until second or third quarter next year. If I knew I could probably get it in the first 2 to 3 months of 22 I would wait but it may be August of next year. Do you have any gut feeling on this?

Sponsored

mike1719

Black Diamond
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys
If I have a vin and I've been scheduled for a build date of Aug 26th and it was ordered march 18th

Would I still be fine with a 2 door.
Thanks for any help

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed the Dealer and changed to a soft top. Asked to pre order 2022 white hard top. I figure I well be tired of the soft top by the time I get the hard top. But come on Ford give us a discount on the hard top or free for getting it on the road advertising for them.
There is no white hard top in 2022. The earliest white hard top would be 2023 and I'd say that's probably doubtful given how much they've f'ed this up in the past 13 months.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So those of us that submitted an order for a ‘21 after March 19 get no guarantee of price lock? Ford was happy to take our $100 and dealers taking our deposits for 2021’s. If my dealer amends my price up when I get my ‘22 order in I’m out
I listened to the conference call yesterday. Ford doesn't care much about you as a customer. The call was mostly about throwing perks and trinkets at earlier reservationists. There was a time I looked forward to the new Bronco release, but then Ford turned it onto a reservation time stamp competition.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm still beyond pissed Ford is not guaranteeing pricing for those of us that reserved after 3/19.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is no white hard top in 2022. The earliest white hard top would be 2023 and I'd say that's probably doubtful given how much they've f'ed this up in the past 13 months.
Different vendor for the painted tops, so the MIC situation shouldn't interfere with those.
Sponsored