BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally switched to a soft top today. Day 1 res. I wonder if I'll get it before all those people ahead of me now at the MAP with MIC tops.
Sponsored

Esham

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford is not considering a soft top for the 2dr, then what's this??
2021 Bronco Fastback Top 2-Door Big Bend Sasquatch 1.jpg
Look in build and price you can add a soft top to a 2 door under accessories. Imagine if I could leave my order as is just add the soft top so I am paying extra for the soft top, get it delivered with the soft top, and deal with the hard top later. Seems so far fetched like unicorns snarks and grumpkins.

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look in build and price you can add a soft top to a 2 door under accessories. Imagine if I could leave my order as is just add the soft top so I am paying extra for the soft top, get it delivered with the soft top, and deal with the hard top later. Seems so far fetched like unicorns snarks and grumpkins.
This seems so obvious. There must be a reason. I keep hearing about federal regulations but every time someone asks for details/clarification it’s crickets. Itd be nice if Ford would say more than “no soft tops for two doors”. Just a brief explanation would be great, especially for those of us who plan to yank the hard top as soon as the vehicle arrives.

erniecombs

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 7/24 reservation date for a Badlands, Sasquatch, 4door, Soft top, Lux, tow with a 2.7. I converted to an order earlier this year. I currently have the only priority code of 19 at my dealership with everyone else being 99. If that means anything.

What are your thoughts….. 2021/2022. I’m at 50%/50%

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm thinking same as you. Ford has several thousand bronco's in the storage lots of all trim lines with bad mic tops, then add some on top of that for the 7000 first editions that need a roof, plus the few thousand already sold to customers on the road. The dealer letter said they wont have the new tops till october. I'm figuring it wont be till mid winter sometime before they catch up and replace all existing mic roofs. i thought the letter said until then they wont be making anything with a mic roof except first editions, which they have to make before year end. I'm also a day one reservation holder, but i ordered a loaded 4 door outerbanks, all options with a mic top. like you said I'm guessing next spring maybe i get the vehicle at the soonest, maybe even next summer. For me it will be one year wait come january since i ordered. I'm thinking tommorow I will call the dealer to switch to a soft top. Thats all ford can make now till the roofs are replaced in a few months. For every bad mic top vehicle they make now thats one more replacement mic top they need to make. Just means i have to live with the soft top until 2023 and pay whatever the going rate is for the new mic roof when it comes out, or cross your fingers that by then someone else will make a mic roof other then ford.
Allegedly only 4500 First Editions converted to orders.....

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just think of it as a convertible. Like a sports car.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok now I know I won't get a Bronco until next spring I'm ready mentally to move on. Anyone have any decent links or intel to 2022 changes, colors, etc and when Ford might release the build details?
Thanks!

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So mine still reads in my dealer's system as 9/13 build but mine is a MIC. obviously the email last week is telling me i'm punted to a later build date or i guess it will be built and sit, but after spending 24 hours with a soft top i am fine with switching it to a soft top but they said they can't do it. Anyone know if its still possible to change with a build date and VIN?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Webasto is based near Munich and opened a new plant in the Detroit suburb of Plymouth, Mich., in 2020 to supply roof systems to an unspecified automaker.

In an emailed statement, Webasto said: "It is our goal to ensure that our product always meets our customer´s and their end consumers’ expectations. Constantly reviewing, reworking, and executing is a regular part of our quality process. We remain fully engaged with our customer to address any concerns as they arise."

"The imperfections are microscopic, do not affect the functionality of the roof and are exposed in heavy rain and humidity. We found it and have now put in corrective steps. To meet the high demand and increase roof production capacity, we will build another new production location in southeastern Michigan."
So this is not new information, Ford already released this statement. Did the article in Plastics Today explain the engineering issues with the top?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spoke to my dealer today and they are excited that the cosmetic issues will be addressed 100% but bummed that deliveries will stop. I got mine 14 days ago and I feel like a bandit! The top is a great design, just poor execution.

1A84ACE2-BD23-455B-8F82-0F1FC781B03A.jpeg

449A8273-00CA-4999-97BC-75100B247EBC.jpeg

B977412E-95BD-4816-B097-7BD0CB16F6D8.jpeg

7602AE2E-EF6D-4436-8970-CF891B74311E.jpeg

3AA43FB0-4EE7-4403-98F3-277A7A391644.jpeg

98559B33-A105-4BB9-96C6-7AFEEB77A0D3.jpeg

B89DB90D-AFC7-4AD7-BC0D-5369C67CC639.jpeg
So honest answer, are the cosmetic issues really that bad? Look at any cars paint that close will show imperfections. How close do you need to be to actually see the honeycomb?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And this one drives me crazy. Keep hearing about “federal regulations”. I want a two door with a Bimini top. Could not care less about the MIC. Send me one with a top made out of paper plates…I DONT CARE. so frustrating.
I'll take mine with MIC Top V 1. Being the issue is stated as cosmetic only and does not affect function, I don't really care if the top has cosmetic issues. If it's a two-footer, who gives a shit. Once I take my Bronco trail riding, surface imperfections will be more than just the top.

erniecombs

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spoke to Ford Marketing and I was told that Badlands are now specifically delayed and that if you do not have a production date at this point that you will receive a 22 model year.

She said that that the production dates for the 21s will last through September. All production after that will be for the 22 model year….

I honestly have little faith in any of the details at this point. Just sharing what I was told.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford just open the soft top option across all trim levels so Wildtrak order holders can get their rigs. Or is this a plot to put more unordered Broncos on dealership lots?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just spoke to Ford Marketing and I was told that Badlands are now specifically delayed and that if you do not have a production date at this point that you will receive a 22 model year.

She said that that the production dates for the 21s will last through September. All production after that will be for the 22 model year….

I honestly have little faith in any of the details at this point. Just sharing what I was told.
Model Year is just a digit change in the VIN. It's not a big deal. No one will be alive as an original owner 50 years from now that it will make a hill of beans MY '21 vs. MY '22. In 2025, used Broncos are going to be "used Broncos" valued at 35% MSRP.
Sponsored