First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now didn't someone say yesterday that they knew someone who was were still working on the "dies" (molds). If that's the case, then, they have at a maximum 90 days to build (at a minimum) over 6,000 tops.

Now who here believes that they have even a remote chance in hell that they can average 67 perfect tops per day, starting today?

Let's say that they start making V2 tops on September 15th, they will have to crank out over 90 tops per day. Does that sound plausible?

If, as I suspect, they need a total of 12,000 tops - 3k for DMSC, 7k for FE, and 2k for tops in the wild. These numbers become much more grim.

135 tops per day, starting today, to 180 tops per day starting September 15. To meet demand for 12,000 tops!

In addition, they need probably additional man hours to replace all the dirt mountain tops (20-30 mins each to transport, remove, install, and quality check each Dirt Mountain Storage Complex inmate). Assuming 2 crews (2-4 people), 2 shifts, over 30 days starting on 1 November 2021. That would be a thru-put of 96 Broncos per day (and still end up short by 120 Broncos at the end of the month).

Folks, this is not going to happen, it just is pure BS from @Ford Motor Company. They can't even be bothered to send me an email, what makes you think that can build tops that quickly?
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now didn't someone say yesterday that they knew someone who was were still working on the "dies" (molds). If that's the case, then, they have at a maximum 90 days to build (at a minimum) over 6,000 tops.

Now who here believes that they have even a remote chance in hell that they can average 67 perfect tops per day, starting today?

Let's say that they start making V2 tops on September 15th, they will have to crank out over 90 tops per day. Does that sound plausible?

If, as I suspect, they need a total of 12,000 tops - 3k for DMSC, 7k for FE, and 2k for tops in the wild. These numbers become much more grim.

135 tops per day, starting today, to 180 tops per day starting September 15. To meet demand for 12,000 tops!

In addition, they need probably additional man hours to replace all the dirt mountain tops (20-30 mins each to transport, remove, install, and quality check each Dirt Mountain Storage Complex inmate). Assuming 2 crews (2-4 people), 2 shifts, over 30 days starting on 1 November 2021. That would be a thru-put of 96 Broncos per day (and still end up short by 120 Broncos at the end of the month).

Folks, this is not going to happen, it just is pure BS from @Ford Motor Company. They can't even be bothered to send me an email, what makes you think that can build tops that quickly?
We'll then lets just all give up and buy yugos!...Seriously you're numbers are off and if it takes 30 to 120 days it will still be worth the wait. If it's not go buy something else... I picked up a nice little 675lt and it's ripping fun ride, not a bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We'll then lets just all give up and buy yugos!...Seriously you're numbers are off and if it takes 30 to 120 days it will still be worth the wait. If it's not go buy something else... I picked up a nice little 675lt and it's ripping fun ride, not a bronco.
Really, how do you figure that my numbers are off? I can account for a minimum of 1594 hardtops just with the 8/2 build week alone, another 770 hardtops on the 6/14 build week, and another 250 hardtops during the first week of June alone (both of which were hardtops for more than 50% of total production). From what I saw of all build weeks that I could get hard data, more than 50% of the production was hardtops. Prior to August first there were 13,380 Broncos, and if at least 1/2 of them were hardtops, that is 6,690 hardtops plus the 1594 from the first week in August for a total of 8,284 hardtops, not counting all the remaining 2 doors, 4 door MIC, WT's, and FE's that already had serial numbers... PLUS all the unscheduled FE's.

So help me understand where I went wrong with the math??? I have plenty of evidence to support what I am saying. Show me what evidence you have to dispute the numbers?

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately, I think this has more to do with filling the order books in accordance with their currently planned timeline. FE reservation holders should feel good about getting their rigs this year, but I think any getting built in September is incredibly optimistic

Sponsored

SonOfOdin

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have any Canadian Bronco owners out there received notice of the Hard Top replacement. I personally haven’t had any issues with mine. Just curious

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, I think this has more to do with filling the order books in accordance with their currently planned timeline. FE reservation holders should feel good about getting their rigs this year, but I think any getting built in September is incredibly optimistic
Any idea on how many hardtops they have to replace?

I am sure that my numbers have a lot of slop in them, but I am having trouble believing that they have less than 12k tops to build. However, you are in a much better position to know than I am. I am only able to see bits and pieces to estimate from.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the writing on the wall right away. I don't see any scenario where mine is delivered in calendar year 21, being non-FE and one of the last ones to hit dirt mountain.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A lot of FEs are getting VINs and Sept 20 or Sept 27 production weeks today. I wonder if Ford is backing out of their commitment to address delivered and built units sitting at MAP first before new builds?
Thinking about it, I wonder if it's plausible they'd build some and install bad roofs they already have, so that they ensure they meet the '21 MY designation for them, have them sit, and THEN replace those tops as they get the new ones?

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Latest update

bronco.PNG
Ross, what is the current status of unbuilt non-FE hardtops with VINs? It’s clear that Ford is fully committed to fulfilling all FEs as my21s, but they have been more ambiguous in their communication about the fate of unbuilt non-FEs. My21 or my22 for some? These recent message points don’t even mention them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're concerned that 130 tops a day isn't possible? You understand the amount of production output of MAP, right? Sure, Ford TOTALLY missed the projected hard/soft top sales figures, but still....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're concerned that 130 tops a day isn't possible? You understand the amount of production output of MAP, right? Sure, Ford TOTALLY missed the projected hard/soft top sales figures, but still....
What was today's production output of good hardtops?

I would like to think that it was any number greater than 0... But I haven't heard any news suggesting that V2 tops are being produced.

Ford hasn’t been transparent about the issue and I have no idea how many tops per day they can build, but I do know that they shut down production just because of tops in the past.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to think that it was any number greater than 0... But I haven't heard any news suggesting that V2 tops are being produced.

Ford hasn’t been transparent about the issue and I have no idea how many tops per day they can build, but I do know that they shut down production just because of tops in the past.
They would have to at least match fords bronco production 1-1. It would be silly to think that an outside vendor would determine ford's production and not the other way around....

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming today's hardtop production was zero... Nadda... Zilch.... Squat.
Are they trying to make "good" V1 hardtops in the meantime?? If that's even possible, then why even retool for a new top?
Are they making more bad tops just for something to cover the truck while they park it and wait for a V2 top? Doubt it....
They're making soft top Bronco's exclusively right now AFAIK. Production FE's will be the first trucks to get the new top. 🤷

BroncoBlood

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69, 70, 72, 73, ordered new bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the money Ford is spending on Bronco gear they could afford to pay the cost to get the new tops to the dealers and installed. We really aren't talking about that many tops per dealer are we. FORD! are you listening? You real F****ed this up!
Sponsored