Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I take this offer Iā€™ll have approximately an $8k discount combining it, Granger offer, and price protection. Thatā€™s a huge sum but I donā€™t really want a soft top, and who knows how much a hard top will cost down the line.

I know a lot of things were unexpected but people arenā€™t idiots. They couldā€™ve built all the dealer orders that werenā€™t reservation holders with soft tops, and waited for supplies for Badlands and the like to build up, then put hard tops on those. At the end of the day itā€™s all greed and not giving a damn about their customers.
Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford just playing directly into the hands of the dealers even more as this will only push a number of order holders to go find a suitable vehicle from stock somewhere. Not only will this be with some sort of markup but now these dealers will hold or grow their markups for anything with MIC, Lux or SAS.

Clearly Ford is prioritizing the dealer over the customer.

Last edited:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me clarify. Im not saying the supply chain is back to normal. Rather, companies have managed consumer expectations with the delays in mind. So, while it may take me a while to get a window or refrigerator or car part or equipment, Iā€™m not getting my date pushed, order cancelled, or requests to substitute at a higher price. Ford has failed here by poorly managing the customer experience and just telling people ā€œsorry you need to F off, but itā€™s a global supply chain issue so Iā€™m not responsible.ā€ Lame.
this part right here - this is where Ford falls down. Communication, setting expectations and execution. Ford has a winner in the bronco but people will only remember how long it took or how bad the communication was. I was lucky to receive my build, but I had zero communication through the process until it was at the dealer

Vicman12

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future- 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands now-Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can confirm that the option to change from your current series (BD, OBX, BL, etc.) to another series is acceptable from what I was told by my dealer (although switching to a Wildtrack would be order suicide). If you do, youā€™ll want to have your dealer also confirm your COVP status, the part where you gave them your DL to confirm you were a real person.

I priced out a Badlands but decided to stick with the OBX, drop the Lux and take their $2500, in hopes that I can get scheduled sooner rather than later. I can live without Lux and the $2500 will pay for my upgrading the stereo after delivery. Since my reservation is quite early itā€™s possible that I could roll the dice and keep the Lux but, frankly, Iā€™d rather not take that chance. As others have said, allocations are the biggest constraints so best to call your dealer to chat about your options and get their advice.
So I can change my current BD order to a Badlands order with out Sas, Hard top , and high package and get the $2,500? Thanks :)

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without reading all 9 pages...or all 70+ on the other thread The more people that Ford can get to cancel with these announcements or move to a lesser model means there is a few more that can be built to spec. I'm not canceling mine, watch this just be a stunt to get as many to cancel and clean up the order banks so they can actually produce a few more than planned. ;)

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I stopped hearing that excuse from every company except Ford....6 months ago.
Agree. They've had years to figure this out. It's become a 'dog ate my homework' meme.

With that being said, there are definitely chip procurement problems, primarily lead times. But there are also people that spend their day planning and forecasting. Pretty sure Ford has a small army of those folk.

Instead, let's continue with a just-in-time process, open the order banks, and introduce new models all the while knowing that we can barely manage to produce what we have already agreed to fulfill.

Also Ford, LIFO is not equivalent to FIFO.

frontrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have a Wildtrak ordered with all the sins. This was not a reservation but an order that I placed before the order banks closed last year. Have not received the email from Ford yet. Hard to tell from all the comments whether both reservation holders and order holders are receiving emails today (I realize reservation holders had to convert their orders previously). Curious whether one group vs the other is currently receiving the emails?

Same boat you are in.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my official ā€œweā€™re not building your broncoā€ email from Ford.

1C849827-785F-4D18-9D84-278C6187B4ED.png

Updated with more posted by @Min_Ahn:

37eaf36b-ae1a-4979-accf-31f2dbff9830-jpeg.jpg
Has anybody confirmed if this applies to 2 door orders?

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming that to qualify for the $2,500 if you buy another vehicle from the lot, you'd have to go with the same dealer? The dealership where I placed my order doesn't have anything but there are a few Broncos around at other dealers. $2,500 would cover most of the ADM...

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was clarified in a recent webcast from Ford. Your dealer should be able to confirm for you if they attended this weeks call.
Yes, they've now confirmed this. Initially there was some confusion.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did everyone notice that if you do drop all of the constraints there is ZERO commitment that you will get a 2023 just like the commitment failures from 2023MY change, 2022MY change or to 2021MY when we all reserved in 2020?

I have never been so f*ed over by a company in my life with lies, dishonesty, lack of transparency.

The emotional harm and suffering caused by Ford is insurmountable.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh no doubt they knew they couldnā€™t build them all in 2021, they had a price protection system announced to the world in March 2021 before production even started, and they announced an extension into 2023MY in June 2021 just before the first deliveries. (Seems they have stuck to that 2023MY date.)

Although just about everyone at that time projected supply chains would be fully recovered by fall 2022. And obviously that absolutely did not happen and this has gone on far longer than any of the automobile manufacturers had anticipated.

The one big mistake I think Ford made was they opened order banks again in 2022MY and didnā€™t restrict the options/packages people could order. That was an extremely poor decision. Everything else is one of those ā€œwe made the decision that made sense at the time based on the information we had, but it didnā€™t work outā€ types of decisions (in my opinion).
I think the bigger mistake Ford made was offering SAS on every trim-at least in the first few model years. I think it's totally awesome for the consumer, but on their end they greatly under estimated how many people were going to order SAS. To me SAS should have only been offered on Badlands/Wildtrak and whatever that years special edition was.

And not having a factory 2 door soft top option.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I ordered my obx I thought the 11 month wait was insane.. the main constraints were hardtop , tow .. I got mine last Aug and so glad I did because with today's issues I probably wouldn't got it built..

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sincerely apologize if I offended you in any way
Cool, I'll pull my msg; thanks. Especially raw as my wife had a scare a year ago with a marker for same cancer (false flag, thank God). I wouldn't wish multiple myeloma on anyone, it's an awful way to go.
Sponsored