Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did everyone notice that if you do drop all of the constraints there is ZERO commitment that you will get a 2023 just like the commitment failures from 2023MY change, 2022MY change or to 2021MY when we all reserved in 2020?

I have never been so f*ed over by a company in my life with lies, dishonesty, lack of transparency.

The emotional harm and suffering caused by Ford is insurmountable.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh no doubt they knew they couldn’t build them all in 2021, they had a price protection system announced to the world in March 2021 before production even started, and they announced an extension into 2023MY in June 2021 just before the first deliveries. (Seems they have stuck to that 2023MY date.)

Although just about everyone at that time projected supply chains would be fully recovered by fall 2022. And obviously that absolutely did not happen and this has gone on far longer than any of the automobile manufacturers had anticipated.

The one big mistake I think Ford made was they opened order banks again in 2022MY and didn’t restrict the options/packages people could order. That was an extremely poor decision. Everything else is one of those “we made the decision that made sense at the time based on the information we had, but it didn’t work out” types of decisions (in my opinion).
I think the bigger mistake Ford made was offering SAS on every trim-at least in the first few model years. I think it's totally awesome for the consumer, but on their end they greatly under estimated how many people were going to order SAS. To me SAS should have only been offered on Badlands/Wildtrak and whatever that years special edition was.

And not having a factory 2 door soft top option.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I ordered my obx I thought the 11 month wait was insane.. the main constraints were hardtop , tow .. I got mine last Aug and so glad I did because with today's issues I probably wouldn't got it built..

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sincerely apologize if I offended you in any way
Cool, I'll pull my msg; thanks. Especially raw as my wife had a scare a year ago with a marker for same cancer (false flag, thank God). I wouldn't wish multiple myeloma on anyone, it's an awful way to go.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yikes, 10 pages of comments to sort through. The answer is probably in there somewhere but can anyone confirm:

If I got a build week email, I'm "safe", right? No need to remove those restrictions?

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did everyone notice that if you do drop all of the constraints there is ZERO commitment that you will get a 2023 just like the commitment failures from 2023MY change, 2022MY change or to 2021MY when we all reserved in 2020?

I have never been so f*ed over by a company in my life with lies, dishonesty, lack of transparency.

The emotional harm and suffering caused by Ford is insurmountable.
I don't think it would ever be reasonable to expect them to guarantee a build. There really are too many possible variables.

However, if they continue putting allotments above reservation date, and then double-down by opening order books again: That is a direct F*** you to us all.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no doubt they knew they couldn’t build them all in 2021, they had a price protection system announced to the world in March 2021 before production even started, and they announced an extension into 2023MY in June 2021 just before the first deliveries. (Seems they have stuck to that 2023MY date.)

Although just about everyone at that time projected supply chains would be fully recovered by fall 2022. And obviously that absolutely did not happen and this has gone on far longer than any of the automobile manufacturers had anticipated.

The one big mistake I think Ford made was they opened order banks again in 2022MY and didn’t restrict the options/packages people could order. That was an extremely poor decision. Everything else is one of those “we made the decision that made sense at the time based on the information we had, but it didn’t work out” types of decisions (in my opinion).
I get it, it’s difficult. But they should have just focused on what they had reserved and built those like they promised. Ford wouldn’t be in this situation had they been more cautious.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like Ford? Executing their plan to build Broncos?

Point me to an automaker that decided to totally rework a product launch due to the pandemic.
I get you’re a Ford shill but you’re just embarrassing yourself. Move on.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
37EAF36B-AE1A-4979-ACCF-31F2DBFF9830.jpeg

I can’t believe they’ll just cancel your order regardless of how old it is if you decide not to take any actions. WTF.

*EDIT*
If "my dealer says" means anything to you..

Screenshot_2023-01-20_at_9.59.55_AM_50.png

Screenshot_2023-01-20_at_9.59.42_AM_50.png
They have to cancel it before moving it to the next model year. That has happened through this whole process when an order needs to go to the next model year.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled my second order this morning after receiving the email from FoMoCo. It was going to be a second build or flipper order, but I've got zero interest in a build without SAS and the used market probably won't be amenable for resell by the time a SAS build does get built.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the bigger mistake Ford made was offering SAS on every trim-at least in the first few model years. I think it's totally awesome for the consumer, but on their end they greatly under estimated how many people were going to order SAS. To me SAS should have only been offered on Badlands/Wildtrak and whatever that years special edition was.

And not having a factory 2 door soft top option.
Yeah I agree. Although that was a HUGE selling point of the Bronco, since the Recon Package on the Wrangler is (or was?) restricted so much. Sasquatch was definitely a lot more popular than they expected it to be.

I know the folks from All Terrain Nation— @drbandkgb —said they couldn’t do a 2-door soft top because a certain percentage of vehicles had to be sold with a hard top to meet some obscure legal requirement… I think?? Not 100% sure if that’s accurate or not, I was only half paying attention to the live stream when they were talking about it.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. They've had years to figure this out. It's become a 'dog ate my homework' meme.

With that being said, there are definitely chip procurement problems, primarily lead times. But there are also people that spend their day planning and forecasting. Pretty sure Ford has a small army of those folk.

Instead, let's continue with a just-in-time process, open the order banks, and introduce new models all the while knowing that we can barely manage to produce what we have already agreed to fulfill.

Also Ford, LIFO is not equivalent to FIFO.
The part shortages are not a static issue. Being in the manufacturing world our part shortages today are not necessarily the same ones we had last week. As the issues keep coming up no one has had years to solve the problem, as the problem is different tomorrow

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WOW just wow.......as others have stated I feel horrible for early reservation holders. This is beyond "F'ed" up to do to them. One more example of a poorly handled customer experience. There is no reason in the world they cant afford to honor pricing at 2021 rates for people who have waited this long.

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I'm at 717 days so, yeah, feel like I got the shaft in this deal.
I feel your pain I was around 820 when I got my vin#
Sponsored