Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you will not be able to "double dip" either if you drop the constraint items...meaning you will not get price protection for an early reservation/order... just the $2500.00 "carrot in from of the horse" as you are modifying your current order. My build has went up $5700.00 from MY21 to current MY23 MSRP. Definitely a gut punch to folks still waiting.
That‘s not my understanding. This $2500 is in addition to the price protection.

https://thebronconation.com/news/ford-paying-customers-to-change-orders-–-an-offer-you-should-seriously-consider-taking-t.16885/

“This time, order holders who do so will be given a $2,500 credit toward the purchase or lease of their vehicle. This incentive will be layered on top of private offers.”

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I think really blows are the options and little care from Ford or most dealers

1) Change your order to what you don't want and we may build it
2) don't change it and it prob won't get built
3) if you don't get built, you loose price protection and you'll get put somewhere in a new line with no eta again

If you don't like any of the above don't buy a Ford. Thanks for your interest.

You have to wonder how intelligent Ford systems are these days. Obviously when they closed the order banks last year they already didn't expect to have enough parts for builds or don't have analytics in place to know what is ordered versus what can be built. Orders should have been constrained to reasonable builds long ago.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler also has been in continual production for decades, so they probably have already met that threadshold.

Also… I found the spot in the All Terrain Nation livestream… 1:45:20 timestamp is where he starts his thought.

Anyway… I am not familiar with that federal regulation at all, so can’t verify it. But when I heard that (as my head was deep inside my dryer doing laundry), it definitely perked my interest. That would explain a lot if it’s true.
SO let's assume this part is true, why does Ford not explain this? I mean this does not solve the issue but at least it would put information into our(the customers) hands and allow us to make decisions based on reality on how to proceed. Communicating to the masses is one of the big things I think Ford sincerely missed the boat on, just giving proper production updates and what is happening with supply chain issues.

As this thread continues to evolve, there will be multiple theories as to the root cause, in the end the more popular theories will gain momentum and people will believe them as true. Even if they are wrong it creates a reality among the forum and that is something that Ford could have avoided by being transparent with good communications

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I can change my current BD order to a Badlands order with out Sas, Hard top , and high package and get the $2,500? Thanks :)
That’s my understanding but best confirm that with your dealer or call Ford customer service to be certain. As someone said earlier, were just some dudes on the Internet sharing our experienc 🙂

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the bigger mistake Ford made was offering SAS on every trim-at least in the first few model years. I think it's totally awesome for the consumer, but on their end they greatly under estimated how many people were going to order SAS. To me SAS should have only been offered on Badlands/Wildtrak and whatever that years special edition was.

And not having a factory 2 door soft top option.
I would also suggest - and this is purely via the benefit of 20-20 hindsight now knowing one of the potential SAS bottlenecks - testing and sourcing more than 1 tire option for SAS would have helped. I'm guessing the primary snafu here begins with botched forecasting on the volume of SAS orders but, even so, GY or any other tire maker is subject to their own unexpected constraints so avoiding a single POF is always a good idea. Personally I find it ironic that the GY's are potentially the sticking point for today's SAS constraint as I thought they were the absolute worst part of the SAS offering (which I also think is a total steal of an option) and wondered out loud on the B&P site "why don't you offer a different tire, even for an upcharge?". Weird.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol I love Ford and their vague emails. What does this mean for 2 doors? Zero communication.

SEVEN HUNDRED DAYS since we ordered and they send me an email, “Hey go F yourself, change to something you don’t want or we’ll cancel your order and give you the middle finger. But if you want to re-order next year for thousands more, we’ll accept your business.”

You have got to be kidding me…I’m a month shy of TWO YEARS since we ordered and nobody at Ford gives a 💩 I mean, my god, we reserved this car 886 days ago!!
Yep, even the FAQ is an F/U to every 2 door holder... Did we answer your question? No, you didn't answer any questions I might have had.

Sadskwatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Ram Sport w/Hemi, GTI.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
NO. So many do not understand the offer. It’s like any other time they told us to avoid constraints to get built. It’s this time they are just offering $2500 to change to have a better chance to be built in MY23. If you do not change, you could still get built, depending on your place inline and allocations with your dealer. BUT by doing so you are taking a risk in not getting scheduled in MY23. At the END of MY23, which is December, they will cancel any unscheduled builds and you will lose any price protection. They will continue to schedule and build all models as parts are available. If you have a VIN and are scheduled you should be good.

****Updated March 7th is the deadline if you want to accept the offer***
Agree. I feel this is like the survey they sent to Lightning reservation holders asking if we would be willIng to change to a lower demand spec to or pay a premium. And would we hold to choice even if there was a chance that we might not get the order filled. By the way, I got my bronco (20 months after res) probably because i reduced the spec.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still at zero emails/calls, Ford or dealer, and I have reached out to my dealer... So annoying.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most bizarre thing about this is Zero and I mean Zero automotive news sites have reported on this. This is honestly the biggest blow to Ford ever dreaming of competing with the Wrangler. This launch, communication and scheduling was a complete and utter Charlie Foxtrot. Utterly embarrassing that this is a 100 plus year old company worth billions of dollars. I would expect this level of incompetence from a startup like Rivan not Ford.
"So you've sold EVERY Bronco you've built so far and you STILL have a waiting list in the tens of thousands?" asks the TV newscaster, incredulously.
"That's right, Mindy, and that's without us even accepting any NEW orders! People just can't get enough of these Broncos, it's one of Ford's most successful product rollouts in company history!" responds Ford spokesman with a wink.

Is that kind of how you envisioned the news media covering this "event"?

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If there’s anything that makes me feel better, it’s all the people complaining about their second orders not coming up to snuff.
You just won the forum for me, cause I have been thinking the same freakin thing. If you have a 2nd or 3rd on order, and it's not for like your wife/significant other but to replace the one you have, you're part of the problem. Stop bitching and cancel so we have a shot at our 1st.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Allocation is King. You were pushed ahead of thousands of reservations with the same configuration because they chose a different dealer.
I know how unfair this system is. I had no reservation, but I ordered a 2 door lux, tow, adv 4x4 OBX on May 4th 2021, I was scheduled on 24 May 2021, and built 5 August 2021.

Meanwhile, my Granger reservation was made Jun 29th 2021. I am deep in the queue at around #400... with an order for a WildTrak HOSS 3.0 2 door Bronco (now an OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with high, tow, and aux switches).

Different allocation models... As bad as military auto source was, they had allocation... and I got built fast despite constraints. It was unfair to everyone who reserved ahead of me. It still is unfair to everyone ahead of me. Now, I am watching others who reserved long after me jump ahead of me... it's still a crap deal.

- btw - the second Bronco is for my SO.
Sponsored