Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was said somewhere else it’s probably about the mpg rating and/or safety rating. They were tested with the specific SAS tire so they have to be sold with them. Can’t switch it out now without re-certification.

could be BS, but makes sense.
It makes sense, I guess.
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same. My CJ hardtop has been to hell and back with no issues. My kids are constantly taking my TJ hardtop off and on (not gingerly) with no issues.

How will the Bronco hardtop hold up over time and with abuse? It does concern me, given some of the issues occurring. And it's not like you can go out and buy a nice used replacement hardtop for 800 bucks, like you can with a Jeep. Time will tell ...
I won't do anything major under the warranty period, but after that I will look into coatings to preserve the hard top.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never got email, am I in the clear or did they already cancel me lol?
Give it a few days and check with your dealer to see if you’re possible scheduled or if they have the offer.
Things needed to get email .
  1. MY23 COVP certified order
  2. Wildtrak
  3. Any other build that has all the constraints

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a huge lesson to be learned by Ford regarding new vehicle launches. "START OUT WITH LESS OPTIONS AND CONFIRGURATIONS"!!!!!!!!!!!
The Maverick is another example of too many options and configurations out of the gate.
This is hurting the brand and hurting the stock price.
K.I.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are going to take the deal, I’d do it sooner than March 7th. If Ford really does try to build all orders before they open it back up for retail in late March- AND- they are allowing allocations to be pulled forward AND they haven’t scheduled regular trims for 5 weeks now- the next couple of scheduling days could be really heavy and those “buildable” broncos get scheduled.

Cliffs Notes- take the deal now and possibly get scheduled in the next two- three weeks.

NintenDad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bummer, but don’t lose hope. I got a similar letter back in 2021 for my 2022.
I opted for no hard top with hard top adapter for future and got my Bronco within 5 months after the letter. You might have to downgrade some options. Hang in there.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are going to take the deal, I’d do it sooner than March 7th. If Ford really does try to build all orders before they open it back up for retail in late March- AND- they are allowing allocations to be pulled forward AND they haven’t scheduled regular trims for 5 weeks now- the next couple of scheduling days could be really heavy and those “buildable” broncos get scheduled.

Cliffs Notes- take the deal now and possibly get scheduled in the next two- three weeks.
Alternatively, they could schedule the Bronco that you really want prior to the cut off. Both strategies make sense for different reasons.

I took the deal, but mostly because I am near the end of a VERY long line.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alternatively, they could schedule the Bronco that you really want prior to the cut off. Both strategies make sense for different reasons.

I took the deal, but mostly because I am near the end of a VERY long line.
Possibly. I would consider that a heavy scheduling day(s) could push production out past April. If Ford really wants to clear these- they could schedule out through June…

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37EAF36B-AE1A-4979-ACCF-31F2DBFF9830.jpeg

I can’t believe they’ll just cancel your order regardless of how old it is if you decide not to take any actions. WTF.

*EDIT*
If "my dealer says" means anything to you..

Screenshot_2023-01-20_at_9.59.55_AM_50.png

Screenshot_2023-01-20_at_9.59.42_AM_50.png
This is unacceptable. They should be required to make actual contact with you either Ford Corporate or the Dealer. This is a way for them to protect themselves and wipe their hands clean of the problem instead of facing and solving the problem with their customer.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a huge lesson to be learned by Ford regarding new vehicle launches. "START OUT WITH LESS OPTIONS AND CONFIRGURATIONS"!!!!!!!!!!!
The Maverick is another example of too many options and configurations out of the gate.
This is hurting the brand and hurting the stock price.
K.I.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!
I agree completely. We should have had only the Big Bend, Badlands, and Wildtrak trims with the limited run of FEs. It was Ford's greed with gating options that left us with so many redundant trims.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My MIC / Sas build literally got scheduled yesterday. Insane how close i cut that after 400 days.

And it still felt like a gut punch when i got the email this morning. If i wasn't scheduled i would just be looking elsewhere because i have zero desire for a soft top

Early res holdes and people with long orders got shafted hard. Which seems to be par for the course with Ford lately
The same for me. Got build date and then this email as well. Reached out to my dealer and he said mine was scheduled so I was good. Soooo close. !

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I love Ford and their vague emails. What does this mean for 2 doors? Zero communication.

SEVEN HUNDRED DAYS since we ordered and they send me an email, “Hey go F yourself, change to something you don’t want or we’ll cancel your order and give you the middle finger. But if you want to re-order next year for thousands more, we’ll accept your business.”

You have got to be kidding me…I’m a month shy of TWO YEARS since we ordered and nobody at Ford gives a 💩 I mean, my god, we reserved this car 886 days ago!!
Right, are the two door folks supposed to switch to 4 doors? Is the $2,500 in addition to the price protection? very vague.. but the ford bar is very low.. Anyone out there want my bronco flag, hammock, or old calendar?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn't go that far about the Black Diamond being the entry for serious off-road, it's no more off-road capable than the OBX with adv 4x4, unless you are talking about the interior being more weather resistant, which can be accomplished with good floor mats and seat covers. Also with the Black Diamond, you can't get the 360 camera, which is very helpful off-road.

Capabilites wise I'd agree, alot will come down to driver skill.

But

black diamond also has more off road oriented tires, better gearing, rear locker, and steel bash plates all standard.

It seems that the ties and wheels are the big SAS constraint. Since their current vendors cannot keep up with demand, how about sourcing from a different vendor? Vendor profit on wheels and tires is not huge. Ford could renegotiate a deal to allow another vendor to help build out 2023 orders. They've had many months to sort this out.

Someone else mentioned it I don't think they can just swap out the tires due to regulations. It was tested and certified with them so I think they would have to re certify if they switched them.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had no reservation and got my Bronco in March 22, thee months after placing an order. Want a Bronco, order a buildable one.
A lot of people ordered buildable Broncos two years ago and still don't have them.
Sponsored