First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This was the last straw for me, I cancelled my 7/14/20 4 door Black Badlands, Mic, Lux, Sasquatch order. It would have been my first Ford but now it eliminates Ford from my car buying for the rest of my life. Here I come Gladiator Mojave. I'm actually stoked to have the truck bed anyway. Good luck fellas, I don't know why you're all putting up with this nonsense but more power to ya!
I drove the Bronco and the Mojave back to back 2 days ago. You don’t want to know what I thought drove nicer. I have a Gladiator Willys that I will keep driving if I can’t place my Bronco order with MIC hardtop and Sasquatch package.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, plenty of new info - translated, "Welcome to the Purge".

Ya, change your order and you are not guaranteed anything.
Allocation remains King
You aren't the customer, dealers are.

Etc, etc, etc... Matt Winter did an awesome impersonation of a press secretary/public affairs officer, except perhaps without the stuttering and rampant blinking when lying. He was at least more transparent than Ford has been in previous communications.

Who cares if they keep saying "the dealer is our customer?" They can say that all day long, but in this situation the consumer is getting screwed by FORD and not by the dealer. We are holding them responsible for botching this, not our dealers.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who cares if they keep saying "the dealer is our customer?" They can say that all day long, but in this situation the consumer is getting screwed by FORD and not by the dealer. We are holding them responsible for botching this, not our dealers.
I would think they know this but, publicly, are trying to create some kind of distance between themselves and this horror show of product management. They won’t have this excuse if Farley gets his direct to consumer sales model launched. Clearly, they are not prepared to actually deal with non-captive customers.

This should be a stink that doesn’t wear off. We’ll see how people react but I certainly couldn’t recommend this experience to anyone.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have until march 7th to decide if I should keep waiting or hopefully get lucky and find an instock Sasquatch badlands or wildtrak? Without mark up lol

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The one question, from the BN livestream, that wasn't worded/asked properly was the allocation pull thru from '24 allocations.
There were a lot of angry & upset people in chat and I thing more clarity on that one point 'may' have helped a bit, especially with any Granger order holders. (I'm one of them)

With the scheduling the past couple weeks and the roughly 450 eligible to build orders quoted back in Nov, I'm going to roughly guess it's around the mid 430's, give or take, at the moment.
I'm not sure what the the actual monthly allocation is, but if it floats around 15 a month, that's 180 total for 12 months.
If they allow Zack to pull the full amount from '24, which I don't see happening, that's roughly 360 total with a rough deficit of 90-ish orders. I just don't see anything really positive in it unless a significant number of people switch up or cancel.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The one question, from the BN livestream, that wasn't worded/asked properly was the allocation pull thru from '24 allocations.
There were a lot of angry & upset people in chat and I thing more clarity on that one point 'may' have helped a bit, especially with any Granger order holders. (I'm one of them)
I was really hoping we'd get clarity on that, too. I asked in Q&A and chat, but Matt side-stepped it.

With the scheduling the past couple weeks and the roughly 450 eligible to build orders quoted back in Nov, I'm going to roughly guess it's around the mid 430's, give or take, at the moment.
I'm not sure what the the actual monthly allocation is, but if it floats around 15 a month, that's 180 total for 12 months.
If they allow Zack to pull the full amount from '24, which I don't see happening, that's roughly 360 total with a rough deficit of 90-ish orders. I just don't see anything really positive in it unless a significant number of people switch up or cancel.
Zach addressed that number here.
We have approximately 475 retail orders that qualify and have been submitted through Ford's COVP process. All of these could potentially get scheduled if they don't have a restriction on them.
The number has grown, it seems. Probably due to 99s re-upping. Still waiting for an updated list from him, though.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope Ford reads these posts. I bought my first new 79 F150 at 16 years old from money made working on the farm. Since then I have bought 15 new Fords. Due to Ford having no loyalty to their customers I am now looking at other brands. Toyota makes fine products as far as 4wd vehicles goes but I always wanted a Ford Bronco...... so I waited and waited until Ford decided to start making them again. I have driven my stepdaughter's Dodge Diesel 3/4 ton and it's very nice and drives as well as my Super Duty- just not as powerful. So when it comes time to purchase a new vehicle I will now take a hard look at these brands-
No longer bleeding Ford blue................

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone go the cancel my order route and get a ford from inventory? Will we get our price protection(private offer) + the $2,500? Or does the private offers go away ?
I got both no questions asked last Friday, some people are saying the dealership will not get the PP on the back end, but I was almost 6K below sticker before taxes. Got a big bend with SAS in the color we wanted but not a wildtrack.

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 3 major contraints (WT, MIC and Lux) and didn't get the email. Dealer says still showing as clean. Wonder what's up with that?

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 3 major contraints (WT, MIC and Lux) and didn't get the email. Dealer says still showing as clean. Wonder what's up with that?
Nothing. Ford can't build email campaigns either... Unless you have a scheduled build date, you are in the same boat as the rest of us WT order holders- and that boat is taking on water...

Sponsored

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I decided to poke around at all the dealers around me for Wildtraks and resigned myself that I was just going to have to pay ADM if I wanted my Bronco this year. (May as well take advantage of the $2500 offer right?) I'm in SoCal, so ADM is typically $10-20k. Despite this absurdity, I went down the rabbit hole and visited a dealer today to make an offer on a Wildtrak they said they had. Turns out, yeah, they have a Wildtrak on the lot, but it's not the one I inquired about and doesn't have HOSS 3.0. Sales guy didn't even know what it was. Hopefully I get a build date on the next scheduling go-around. You can cross Chino Hills Ford off your list of knowledgeable sales staff.

I may be rolling the dice on a build, but Ford is rolling the dice on consumer loyalty.

cabner0622

Wildtrak
First Name
Casi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in SoCal, so ADM is typically $10-20k.
I'm in a similar boat, ordered a WT/SAS/LUX/MIC/TOW and got the email about "may not be able to build your bronco". I too went down the rabbit hole looking for other options out there. I'm finding some WT and Heritage. WT are no less than 20k above MSRP even when you tell them that you have an order I'm being told "we don't have rebates". Heritages I've found are 35-45k above MSRP, the most recent one I found was listed for $113k in MD. I'm thinking I may just take the gamble and leave mine in the order banks, since anything I would think about changing it to would still have supply stream issues.

Yankee Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is an excerpt from dealer email earlier this week: "
Ford has identified the following revisions that would need to be made on your current order to qualify for guaranteed production in the 2023 model year:

1) You would need to move from the Lux Package to the HIGH Package (you would lose Bang and Olufsen Audio, Adaptive Cruise Control, Connected Built in Navigation, Evasive Steering Assist, Heated Steering Wheel, Dashboard Smart Charging USB Ports, Universal Garage Door Opener and Wireless Charging Pad)

2) Change from a Molded in Color Top to a SOFT TOP with Hardtop Prep Kit.

3) Delete Sasquatch Package"

SO....the only Bronco they can deliver is basically a stripped down base of all base models??!! What does this say about Ford as a manufacturer?!?!

I'm 900-plus days and three model years into this FIASCO. The email also said "XXX Ford Lincoln was selected by The Ford Motor Company to receive it's FULL allocation of 2023 Broncos.." So their definition of "Full Allocation" is merely the same number of vehicles they ordered, regardless of specification. What is this, communist Europe in the 1970s?!??

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SO....the only Bronco they can deliver is basically a stripped down base of all base models??!! What does this say about Ford as a manufacturer?!?!

What is this, communist Europe in the 1970s?!??
I'm all for holding Ford's feet to the fire but; dramatic much? A Badlands with High is pretty darn far from a stripper Lada Niva. It's also about $20k worth of luxuries above the Bronco Base.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So regarding high package vs lux.

"You would need to move from the Lux Package to the HIGH Package (you would lose Bang and Olufsen Audio, Adaptive Cruise Control, Connected Built in Navigation, Evasive Steering Assist, Heated Steering Wheel, Dashboard Smart Charging USB Ports, Universal Garage Door Opener and Wireless Charging Pad)"

B&O - save your money, it sucks
Adaptive Cruise Control - add it later
Navigation - nearly anything else is better.
Evasive Steering Assist - never needed it.
Heated Steering wheel - legit PITA to retrofit and legit complaint for some. It is marginal as far as the heat.
Dashboard USB - easy to retrofit or use something else.
Universal Garage Opener - easy retrofit.
Wireless Charging Pad - Junk, unless you like baking phones.

The only legitimate complaint really is the heated steering wheel, which is a pain in the ass to retrofit. ACC is not a difficult retrofit, but still I understand those concerns too.

Everything else is just JUNK or easily retrofitted. It's not worth the extra money. I have the Lux package and I love the ACC... everything else, didn't really make a difference.
Sponsored