Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There were quite a few in the emails that went out on 10/28, including mine.

Congrats on scheduling, and nice rig!
Yeah I jumped the gun out of excitement yesterday. I didn’t realize there had been a previous round of 2022’s scheduled. Thanks! What did you order?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost wonder if Ford is rewarding people that switched from a MIC to a Soft top, the majority if not all the builds I have seen posted are Soft tops. . I reserved 6/17/21 and switched to a Soft Top on my '22 Order and BAM 1/24 Build Week. I'm ecstatic.
It's not a reward. It's just a function of the soft tops being buildable. They are obviously having major quantity and quality problems with the MIC, which has been a total disaster for the Bronco launch. Yes, they are building some hard top Broncos, but the odds of being chosen on any given scheduling day are far less.

If you want your Bronco soonish, everyone on B6G knows 4D soft top is the way. People who will not accept either four doors or the soft top (a group I am a part of as a 2D orderer) are in for an indeterminate wait. Keep in mind there are still some MIC Broncos actually built in June that haven't made it to their owners yet. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not a reward. It's just a function of the soft tops being buildable. They are obviously having major quantity and quality problems with the MIC, which has been a total disaster for the Bronco launch. Yes, they are building some hard top Broncos, but the odds of being chosen on any given scheduling day are far less.

If you want your Bronco soonish, everyone on B6G knows 4D soft top is the way. People who will not accept either four doors or the soft top (a group I am a part of as a 2D orderer) are in for an indeterminate wait. Keep in mind there are still some MIC Broncos actually built in June that haven't made it to their owners yet. It sucks, but it is what it is.
I agree, I came to terms with ordering a Soft top, even though I didnt think I would ever do that, and getting an after market hard top in a year or so. Either from Ford or a 3rd party.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Making it up … how else do we explain the small number of hard tops vs softies? By my read these recent orders and production notices are all softies. The tooling has been modified … once.
It looks like they have been whittling away on the Dirt Mountain back-log, this is a chart I constructed using Ford's public info. The estimated back-log is the cumulative amount by which production exceeds sales, adjusted for dealer stocks and an estimated 3 weeks production being in shipment at any point in time.

Ford Bronco 📬 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group 1637339973714

In October there was a massive reduction in dirt mountain; the black line. Note the blue bar is the sum of monthly production and reduction in dirt mountain. It took me awhile to realize that production is what is 'made and is ready to ship' if it is built, but not ready to ship it goes into a work in process account and is not counted as produced until ready to ship.

Maybe this is where all the MIC tops are going if actual MIC production is at full capacity (no MIC 3.0 theory)? It's unclear what needed to be fixed on the dirt mountain back-log, such that they are now cranking things out - hopefully thats where all the MIC's are going as they do not appear to be showing up in the "build-week" threads on here.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What dealership??? I have almost the same built with a 9/9/20 Res at Ciocca and NO BUILD DATE!.....
That's not that surprising. I have the same build and the same 7/15/20 res date they had and still no build date.

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have seen a Few, but sparse. Thats why was so surprised that I got a VIN yesterday
It looks like you went with a soft top. My build is also like yours but Mic top and no graphics

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People with soft tops aren't "jumping" any MIC orders. Comparing a MIC top order to a soft top order is apples and oranges. Might as well be comparing a Bronco Sport order.

The top is the major constraint. We've known this for like six months or more now. Some people with early Day 1 MIC reservations are still waiting. Other people can walk into a dealer today and place a brand new order for a soft top Bronco, and they'll be scheduled in the next batch.

Is anyone with a summer 2020 soft top order still waiting? Those are folks I would feel bad for. All of us waiting on MICs should know the score by now.
Nailed it. There are people out here complaining that a 2.3L big bend 4dr soft top was built before their loaded MIC badlands 2 door lol. Clearly basic comprehension is not a requirement for B6G membership. You can't tell me if you were Ford even the most pitty wouldn't ship buildable trucks with whatever parts they have remaining as opposed to sitting around waiting for parts to ship to customers that ordered first lol. To be honest, I don't care if people after me are getting build dates, they don't have orders I want BUT I am concerned they are eating up valuable dealer allocation. THAT is how the people after us are screwing reservation holders. I have a deadline of June 30, 2022 to receive my truck. I already know of someone at my dealer who walked in and ordered a loaded 4dr Badlands soft top and got a build date last scheduling round. I'm holding off as long as I can for MIC, but come February/March if I haven't heard anything I'll switch to soft top and should get a build date. Don't forget, Webasto is opening their 2nd production facility in Q1 2022.

Last edited:

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't look like there were many WT being built?
We Wildtrak (especially MIC) people are heavy on constraints.

Here are mine based on a list posted in late October.

MIC (used to be standard on WT)
2.7 (Standard on WT)
Sasquatch (Standard on WT and includes several items below)
Modular Front Bumper
Lux Package

Even if there was no constraint, I wouldn't have gone for the tow package. I will do that myself. From my reading it's just a receiver (less than $200 aftermarket) and the trailer brake adapter. I will just use the hitch for bike/cargo accessories.

Ford Bronco 📬 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group 1637341910004

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2.7 (Standard on WT)
Modular Front Bumper
Lux Package

Even if there was no constraint, I wouldn't have gone for the tow package. I will do that myself. From my reading it's just a receiver (less than $200 aftermarket) and the trailer brake adapter. I will just use the hitch for bike/cargo accessories.

I have all the constraints you do in my Build minus the MIC, which I plan on buying after market and got scheduled. I did remove the PPF. I have no idea their rhyme or reason on who's getting scheduled.

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2.7 (Standard on WT)
Modular Front Bumper
Lux Package

Yes, I managed to hit many of these constraints with my order. I had an original order of a 2 door Black Diamond with the 2.7 in Feb 2020. But, when I reordered the 2022, I upgraded to the Badlands, 2 Door, 2.7, tow package.....oh well. It will be what I wanted when it shows up!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.7 (Standard on WT)
Modular Front Bumper
Lux Package

I wonder if the full time 4wd is secretly a huge constraint. I believe all Sas has it, so 50% right there, and most people would want it since it is pretty inexpensive and really nice to have.

I purposefully left it off because I assumed it would take some serious chippage.

I don't recall seeing the take rate to compare with the 69% constraint percentage. I would assume at least 80% of the orders have it. No real reason not to, except for the commodity issue.
Sponsored