Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m not ā€œholding outā€ for the hard top. Ford fucked me and changed what was standard in the trim level I ordered. They are further fucking me by making me pay $695 for it since I ordered exactly one month after they stopped price protecting/guarantee. They should have stopped taking any more orders back kn March because they knew they couldnā€™t build them as promised back then. They didnā€™t. They created this problem and continue to add to it by allowing people to keep placing orders and using up what Ford calls constraints for my order and many thousands of orders before mine. I may be a douche but I am not the kind of douche who needs to have this vehicle before anyone else or the first one the block.
You call it ā€œholding outā€. Whatā€™s theopposite for spending money on shit and accepting less than you actually want just so you can be first on your block? Selling out?

You might be first but at least Iā€™ll get what I wanted and RESERVED and then ORDERED and didnā€™t change it and settle for less.
I'll still get what I wanted, just through the aftermarket sellers, the top is all I compromised on. I dont give a crap about being first on the block. With the issues they are having on the MIC top, I am not sure I would want one without a redesign or re-engineering either. I agree Ford is screwing up by giving dates to people without a Reservation, but that's on Ford not the people, those people had no idea they would get it that quick. To be pissed at them makes no sense.
Sponsored

dwhipker

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrack
Soft top lux w leather
9-8-20 Reservation
8-20-21 Order Date
#3 in line at dealership

Ford Bronco šŸ“¬ 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group 07AA03AC-E9EA-40E2-9148-64249717EDE4

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nailed it. There are people out here complaining that a 2.3L big bend 4dr soft top was built before their loaded MIC badlands 2 door lol. Clearly basic comprehension is not a requirement for B6G membership. You can't tell me if you were Ford even the most pitty wouldn't ship buildable trucks with whatever parts they have remaining as opposed to sitting around waiting for parts to ship to customers that ordered first lol. To be honest, I don't care if people after me are getting build dates, they don't have orders I want BUT I am concerned they are eating up valuable dealer allocation. THAT is how the people after us are screwing reservation holders. I have a deadline of June 30, 2022 to receive my truck. I already know of someone at my dealer who walked in and ordered a loaded 4dr Badlands soft top and got a build date last scheduling round. I'm holding off as long as I can for MIC, but come February/March if I haven't heard anything I'll switch to soft top and should get a build date. Don't forget, Webasto is opening their 2nd production facility in Q1 2022.
I agree with most of your post but with a twist on the bold text. If dealers had no orders that could be built against their allocations theyā€˜d simply create stock orders that could be built to consume their allocation so the end result would be the same.

The allocations definitely give all the power and leverage to the many of the large dealers and take it away from reservation holders. Itā€™s like buying a car prior to this century and before websites like Edmunds were created. This was a time when dealers held all the cards and consumers had little to no information other than what the dealer wanted to tell them. I bet dealers are loving it!

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 28 years of manufacturing management, scheduling and planning experience agrees with your assessment. Thatā€™s the way we counted production - count as built once ready to ship. We wouldā€™ve also focused available parts (MIC tops in this case) on the units that were built, maybe a 70/30 or 80/20 split depending on the priority of orders in holding and our ability to keep the line running with other parts (the soft top in this case). Letā€™s say Ford plans to build 600 Broncos in a week and they have 500 soft tops available and 400 MIC tops that week. Theyā€™d then direct 300 MIC tops to dirt mountain and 100 to new production.

Assuming this is correct we should begin to see many more MIC top orders scheduled in December (for February build) or January (for March build) once dirt mountain is cleared.

I also donā€™t believe many of the tops with issues being posted are full MIC 2.0 but rather a mix of 1.0 and 2.0. Iā€™d expect November or December builds to have full MIC 2.0 tops and better quality.

I could be way off but Iā€™m trying to take a more optimistic view as I wait for a scheduled email for my August 2, 2020 2 door Badlands reservation in this Regular North Dakota Goat rodeo rollout.
I appreciate the response ā€¦ letā€™s just say the typical forum conversations are less meaty. I agree with your assessment and optimism, Iā€™ll try to get you updates for November and December and hopefully the February and March builds will support our hypothesis.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered on 11/08/2021
Got build scheduled for week of January 17, 2022

Base
2.7L
Sasquatch
Soft Top
Carbonized Gray Metallic Paint

I was super surprised to get the email. I ordered from Akins in GA. Salesman told me not to expect anything until summer of 2022.

Ford Bronco šŸ“¬ 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group 07AA03AC-E9EA-40E2-9148-64249717EDE4
Must be a run on Base - Sasquatch - 4 door - soft top. I got a build email with the same week of January 17. Ordered with a dealer on October 15, 2021

Sponsored

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford's Production Scheduling Process revealed.
Ford Bronco šŸ“¬ 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group darts

CantBstill

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many Broncos is ford producing monthly? 35 pages is a lot of production schedule in January.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many Broncos is ford producing monthly? 35 pages is a lot of production schedule in January.
About 2 pages worth. The other 33 is banter between those that got scheduled, and those that were reservation holders that are still waiting.

urbanpharaoh

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

YOOOOOOOOOO! Super shocked I got scheduled as I was late to the game. 05/29/21 Res

Ford Bronco šŸ“¬ 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group e

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 7/19/20 reservation and updated my order on 3/18/2021 for Wildtrak, Lux with Tow. Original hope was to get it for my 50th BD as always wanted Bronco but been overseas until 5 yeas ago. Well, 50th is long gone and my thinking was I may need to wait for next round so those with 7/14/20 and earlier reservations get served as should be case. But today seeing lots of same exact optioned trim (I changed to soft top per dealer advice) by newbies without reservation getting build dates (again, same trim and options). So this is dealer driven issue and yes, folks are cutting in line and taking others' paid seats from my view point as definitely not a trim and option issue. Sucks, but is what it is and wenging over it will not help. Just think bad form and character on behalf of Ford in relation to their brand supporters, but also understand their customer from their perspective is their dealer, not us. Hopefully some of the direct to consumer sales EV companies will get a bronco/jeep knockoff right and then dealers taking our purchased reservations spots can get the short end of the stick and good bye to bs addendums, nitrogen filled tires, uncarage protection plans, and car salesman run arounds. It is what it is. To those who got their bronco, enjoy you lucky bastards. :)

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just think bad form and character on behalf of Ford in relation to their brand supporters
At the very least. I still cannot believe the shit they are pulling.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

About 2 pages worth. The other 33 is banter between those that got scheduled, and those that were reservation holders that are still waiting.
Or ā€¦ arguing about whether someone is entitled to get delivery first - with liberal dash of ā€œfuck Fordā€ thrown in.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm right there with you. I was feeling guilty and I was hesitant to let people know I reserved in June 21, but the amount of whining is off the Charts., and seriously some one saying they would have the urge to punch people in the face? I made the decision to switch to a soft top - I'll get my hard top after market, but if you're gonna "hold out" for the Hard top and then bitch about the wait, that's all on you.
Except that you have early reservation holders that did switch to a soft top. I held out for a MIC but decided to compromise. If folks switched to BB and the 2.3 to get it earlier, I get it and have no problems with that. Its when someone with the same options and a later reservation gets selected.

Heck I have a buddy that went soft top from the start but otherwise the same build. He's had his for a couple of months now but reserved weeks after me. My switch to a soft top hasn't moved the needle.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Must be a run on Base - Sasquatch - 4 door - soft top. I got a build email with the same week of January 17. Ordered with a dealer on October 15, 2021
Same (no res basesquatch). On 10/28 seemed like more BL

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or ā€¦ arguing about whether someone is entitled to get delivery first - with liberal dash of ā€œfuck Fordā€ thrown in.
Isn't that the truth!!!! Let it go already.
Sponsored