Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The way I heard it explained is that the percentage is in relationship to all orders that period.

So 14% of 2 doors isn't really too bad compared to the number of 2 doors ordered.

69% for all time 4wd might actually be much worse if everyone ordered it. And I have not heard this mentioned as a constraint so I do not think people avoided it.
The trouble with 2-doors is that they depend on MIC. Until Raptor and Heritage are available, 2-doors are the only model in MY2022 that require MIC. On the Build and Price you can order a soft top in addition to the hard top on 2-doors. I'm a little puzzled at why you can't substitute it. Maybe someone who follows 2-doors more than me has an answer.

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went through all these pages, lots of happy people, lots of sad/pissed off people...I wouldn't have thought that my Race Red 4 door Base non-Squatch would be a unicorn, only one in 34 pages.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don't know what my or anyone's situation is, $500/$1000 floating out in space with a dealership (in case you haven't read the threads are shady as shit) isn't a small sum to many.

I don't care if I look like an ass anymore, the crying and bashing people who got their orders pulled hit an all time high yesterday. I went from feeling bad yesterday to F you today. If you want a Bronco and are an early reservation holder, you've known the list of constraints for months, change your order. If you just want to cry about it not being fair and bash people, outside of some good ribbing, who have no say in what Ford's doing enjoy your wait.
I'm right there with you. I was feeling guilty and I was hesitant to let people know I reserved in June 21, but the amount of whining is off the Charts., and seriously some one saying they would have the urge to punch people in the face? I made the decision to switch to a soft top - I'll get my hard top after market, but if you're gonna "hold out" for the Hard top and then bitch about the wait, that's all on you.

Sponsored

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You don't know what my or anyone's situation is, $500/$1000 floating out in space with a dealership (in case you haven't read the threads are shady as shit) isn't a small sum to many.

I don't care if I look like an ass anymore, the crying and bashing people who got their orders pulled hit an all time high yesterday. I went from feeling bad yesterday to F you today. If you want a Bronco and are an early reservation holder, you've known the list of constraints for months, change your order. If you just want to cry about it not being fair and bash people, outside of some good ribbing, who have no say in what Ford's doing enjoy your wait.
I agree. I have been waiting since 8/8/20 (BB 2D MID 2.7 rear locker,tow, GREEN ) and still waiting. I will get it when I get it. Very happy for those that got pulled yesterday. Enjoy your rides!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The trouble with 2-doors is that they depend on MIC. Until Raptor and Heritage are available, 2-doors are the only model in MY2022 that require MIC. On the Build and Price you can order a soft top in addition to the hard top on 2-doors. I'm a little puzzled at why you can't substitute it. Maybe someone who follows 2-doors more than me has an answer.
Oh yeah.

Only Ford has the actual answers.

For the 2 door soft top, I would have preferred a soft top for my 2 door. Only rumors about that.

CycloneFPV

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered on 11/08/2021
Got build scheduled for week of January 17, 2022

Base
2.7L
Sasquatch
Soft Top
Carbonized Gray Metallic Paint

I was super surprised to get the email. I ordered from Akins in GA. Salesman told me not to expect anything until summer of 2022.

Ford Bronco 📬 11/18/22 Scheduling Email Received Group 1637346299829

Sgilson

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Gx 460
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People with soft tops aren't "jumping" any MIC orders. Comparing a MIC top order to a soft top order is apples and oranges. Might as well be comparing a Bronco Sport order.

The top is the major constraint. We've known this for like six months or more now. Some people with early Day 1 MIC reservations are still waiting. Other people can walk into a dealer today and place a brand new order for a soft top Bronco, and they'll be scheduled in the next batch.

Is anyone with a summer 2020 soft top order still waiting? Those are folks I would feel bad for. All of us waiting on MICs should know the score by now.
Yes, I reserved soft top in August 2020.... Not scheduled.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You Sir have lost all class with your insistent badgering and beleaguering of early reservation holders. Why don’t you just let it go already? I’m on day 492 and don‘t care to hear how you’re going to be out enjoying your Bronco while rest of us are home sitting on the couch. Get a life!

Sponsored

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'm a 7/14 at 3pm with MIC and pretty basic package on a 4dr Badlands and still waiting! so there is no real guess past the MIC and what dealership your at. I wish a had better insight then that
I’m thinking it’s the tow package but some transparency from @Ford Motor Company would be appreciated right now.

TM WildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered on 11/08/2021
Got build scheduled for week of January 17, 2022

Base
2.7L
Sasquatch
Soft Top
Carbonized Gray Metallic Paint

I was super surprised to get the email. I ordered from Akins in GA. Salesman told me not to expect anything until summer of 2022.

Wow! It's been over 8 months since I originally ordered mine from Akins. I didn't order a Base, I ordered a Wildtrak which is likely the reason. Still crazy you ordered 11 days ago and got scheduled...

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm right there with you. I was feeling guilty and I was hesitant to let people know I reserved in June 21, but the amount of whining is off the Charts., and seriously some one saying they would have the urge to punch people in the face? I made the decision to switch to a soft top - I'll get my hard top after market, but if you're gonna "hold out" for the Hard top and then bitch about the wait, that's all on you.
I’m not “holding out” for the hard top. Ford fucked me and changed what was standard in the trim level I ordered. They are further fucking me by making me pay $695 for it since I ordered exactly one month after they stopped price protecting/guarantee. They should have stopped taking any more orders back kn March because they knew they couldn’t build them as promised back then. They didn’t. They created this problem and continue to add to it by allowing people to keep placing orders and using up what Ford calls constraints for my order and many thousands of orders before mine. I may be a douche but I am not the kind of douche who needs to have this vehicle before anyone else or the first one the block.
You call it “holding out”. What’s theopposite for spending money on shit and accepting less than you actually want just so you can be first on your block? Selling out?

You might be first but at least I’ll get what I wanted and RESERVED and then ORDERED and didn’t change it and settle for less.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like they have been whittling away on the Dirt Mountain back-log, this is a chart I constructed using Ford's public info. The estimated back-log is the cumulative amount by which production exceeds sales, adjusted for dealer stocks and an estimated 3 weeks production being in shipment at any point in time.

In October there was a massive reduction in dirt mountain; the black line. Note the blue bar is the sum of monthly production and reduction in dirt mountain. It took me awhile to realize that production is what is 'made and is ready to ship' if it is built, but not ready to ship it goes into a work in process account and is not counted as produced until ready to ship.

Maybe this is where all the MIC tops are going if actual MIC production is at full capacity (no MIC 3.0 theory)? It's unclear what needed to be fixed on the dirt mountain back-log, such that they are now cranking things out - hopefully thats where all the MIC's are going as they do not appear to be showing up in the "build-week" threads on here.
My 28 years of manufacturing management, scheduling and planning experience agrees with your assessment. That’s the way we counted production - count as built once ready to ship. We would’ve also focused available parts (MIC tops in this case) on the units that were built, maybe a 70/30 or 80/20 split depending on the priority of orders in holding and our ability to keep the line running with other parts (the soft top in this case). Let’s say Ford plans to build 600 Broncos in a week and they have 500 soft tops available and 400 MIC tops that week. They’d then direct 300 MIC tops to dirt mountain and 100 to new production.

Assuming this is correct we should begin to see many more MIC top orders scheduled in December (for February build) or January (for March build) once dirt mountain is cleared.

I also don’t believe many of the tops with issues being posted are full MIC 2.0 but rather a mix of 1.0 and 2.0. I’d expect November or December builds to have full MIC 2.0 tops and better quality.

I could be way off but I’m trying to take a more optimistic view as I wait for a scheduled email for my August 2, 2020 2 door Badlands reservation in this Regular North Dakota Goat rodeo rollout.
Sponsored