Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was a 4/10 order date.????

I think this is all coming down to dealer allocations, if your dealer doesn't have them you're not getting built in '23. It really sucks for the long haulers with price protection and getting the run around from the dealer.

I had a dealer reach out to me yesterday about an OBX he had on the lot that was taking away an allocation for a customer order.
That sucks to see. I feel like the good dealers could do long haulers a favor by making them the highest priority code within their dealership. Doesn’t guarantee anything since constraints matter too but at least you beat out the 3/27 orders with same build. But as you said, some dealers may have no allocations for certain builds but just took orders anyway.
Sponsored

Shawshank

Outer Banks
First Name
Shandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 1998
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think customers can even order a Base at this point? Ford would rather sell 60k+ Broncos to big spenders throwing money around, on a vehicle they will hardly (if every) use off-road.

As a low cost "4x4 for the masses" kind of guy, I dislike everything about this situation, but maybe it makes sense for Ford's bottom line. I unloaded a bunch of Ford stock back when it was inflated, maybe at least these big spenders will help pump the price of my remaining stock!
*insert shifty eye gif*
I don’t count as a big spender. It’s in CAD! Monopoly money doesn’t count right?

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think customers can even order a Base at this point? Ford would rather sell 60k+ Broncos to big spenders throwing money around, on a vehicle they will hardly (if every) use off-road.

As a low cost "4x4 for the masses" kind of guy, I dislike everything about this situation, but maybe it makes sense for Ford's bottom line. I unloaded a bunch of Ford stock back when it was inflated, maybe at least these big spenders will help pump the price of my remaining stock!
I wouldn't hesitate to take my $62K WT offroad, if it ever arrives. It's not like it's a 140K G wagon lol.
There are a lot of great offroad trails here in PNW and I am sure I'll enjoy the WT here.
Base Broncos are just as expensive to fix as a higher trim one if you break it. And a base with sasquatch costs about $47K these days, they are by no means low cost.

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at the build excel sheets from the last few months. It seems at least 1/3 of all builds in that sheet are from Granger Ford in Iowa. Does that not seem a little excessive to anyone else? Giving Granger build priority has likely taken away manufacturing capacity to build customer orders from other dealers around the US.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't hesitate to take my $62K WT offroad, if it ever arrives. It's not like it's a 140K G wagon lol.
There are a lot of great offroad trails here in PNW and I am sure I'll enjoy the WT here.
Base Broncos are just as expensive to fix as a higher trim one if you break it. And a base with sasquatch costs about $47K these days, they are by no means low cost.
My base order is 30K. Like I said, the prices have gone up, and Ford wants to sell those 60k versions.

Sponsored

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking at the build excel sheets from the last few months. It seems at least 1/3 of all builds in that sheet are from Granger Ford in Iowa. Does that not seem a little excessive to anyone else? Giving Granger build priority has likely taken away manufacturing capacity to build customer orders from other dealers around the US.
I hear ya, but you can't base it on the numbers from here at Bronco6G. I'm sure there are a ton of orders from people who aren't on the forum. At least the majority of the Granger orders are early reservation folks.

Never forget....Lies, damn lies, and statistics... :)

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the same response when asking my dealer about allocations. I’m not sure if they just don’t know as much as I do about the whole process or if they are hiding something.
My dealer called me today after getting my email and told me that they have more allocations than orders. They are a high volume dealer, he said he does see me getting scheduled soon unless the constraints hold me back

BDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F250 Superduty XLT 6.0 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lots of Wildtraks the last couple of weeks and seeing a lot of hard tops. I was told hard tops were hard to get right now so confusing.
Last week I was scheduled for a Wildtrak with Hard Top, Tow Package and High Package ...... Karma must like me

2PuttBogey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this is really a question with no definitive answer since Ford’s scheduling for production doesn’t make tons of sense.

I’m curious what others think about scheduling timeline if at all.

My dealer had 30 allocations and from what I can tell they placed 20 orders or so. I was told each sales rep had 3-5 orders and there are 5 reps.

I ordered an OBX, 4dr, non SAS, LUX, with dual tops.

The sales manager told me they were allocated 5 LUX’s and including mine that is how many they ordered. He also said there wasn’t an issue on the number of hard tops they ordered.

My priority code was 19 since I had never been to the dealership before (my normal dealership literally ghosted me). I know other orders they submitted had lower codes.

All in all I do feel like it will get built but I feel like it will be at the end of the model year. Does anyone know when do the last 23s get produced?

Also, I assume allocations to the dealership are spread out over time, correct?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All in all I do feel like it will get built but I feel like it will be at the end of the model year. Does anyone know when do the last 23s get produced?

Also, I assume allocations to the dealership are spread out over time, correct? Sponsored

MY23 balance out won't be until October, meaning they won't switch over to MY24 until late Oct / early Nov.

Yes, allocations are spread out across the model year year. So, if your dealer had 30 remaining allocations, assuming that was their estimate given back in March, then they would be getting about 6 units scheduled a month.

Sponsored

2PuttBogey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MY23 balance out won't be until October, meaning they won't switch over to MY24 until late Oct / early Nov.

Yes, allocations are spread out across the model year year. So, if your dealer had 30 remaining allocations, assuming that was their estimate given back in March, then they would be getting about 6 units scheduled a month.
Thanks!

What if they only submitted for 20. Would they still even out over the remaining term or would they still go six a month until they were done? That’s more of a methodology question then what could happen in real life.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!

What if they only submitted for 20. Would they still even out over the remaining term or would they still go six a month until they were done? That’s more of a methodology question then what could happen in real life.
They would still get their 30 spread out over the remaining build months but the other 10 would be dealer stock units (presumably lower trim non-Squatch floppy tops with minimal options)

Allenkoz

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm scheduled, I started the thread.

I sent my sales guy an email asking if all the other orders they took have been scheduled but nothing from him yet.
My dealer called me today after getting my email and told me that they have more allocations than orders. They are a high volume dealer, he said he does see me getting scheduled soon unless the constraints hold me back
I’m thinking constraints aren’t as much of a hindrance as they used to be. I ordered a constraint packed BL on 4/14 and am scheduled mid June (as are most others at the dealership I went to). I think where you purchase it makes a monumental difference.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m thinking constraints aren’t as much of a hindrance as they used to be. I ordered a constraint packed BL on 4/14 and am scheduled mid June (as are most others at the dealership I went to). I think where you purchase it makes a monumental difference.
I agree, but I think only 10% 2 doors being built each month could hold a bit. I am going to wait and see how the first few weeks go in May and see if I get a build email.
Sponsored