Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke with my dealer today and inquired about switching to a soft top on my 4dr OB. I mentioned that I still wanted the hard top and was hoping to keep the price the same on my order and have them let me know when the hard top comes in considering all the bs I've dealt with. As an add-on option, getting a hard top is an additional $695. They told me they would reduce my price -$695 if I swapped for the soft top but they couldn't guarantee the hard top would be anything near that price by the time it comes in. To me, it wasn't worth the switch considering I really want the hard top and don't want to spend extra money because of Ford. I don't know if anyone has had a better scenario than me but it's definitely something to consider...
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer today and inquired about switching to a soft top on my 4dr OB. I mentioned that I still wanted the hard top and was hoping to keep the price the same on my order and have them let me know when the hard top comes in considering all the bs I've dealt with. As an add-on option, getting a hard top is an additional $695. They told me they would reduce my price -$695 if I swapped for the soft top but they couldn't guarantee the hard top would be anything near that price by the time it comes in. To me, it wasn't worth the switch considering I really want the hard top and don't want to spend extra money because of Ford. I don't know if anyone has had a better scenario than me but it's definitely something to consider...
I would expect the hardtop to cost around $3-4k shipped once they become available (which could be a while). I was considering dual tops for a while and ended up switching to softtop and got scheduled this week. Probably will end up costing me an additional $1-1.5k to get both tops vs ordering from factory however by the time I get the hardtop the issues should be worked out. Is it worth it go get a Bronco 6 months earlier? Was for me but maybe not others especially if you have no desire for a softtop at all.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would expect the hardtop to cost around $3-4k shipped once they become available (which could be a while). I was considering dual tops for a while and ended up switching to softtop and got scheduled this week. Probably will end up costing me an additional $1-1.5k to get both tops vs ordering from factory however by the time I get the hardtop the issues should be worked out. Is it worth it go get a Bronco 6 months earlier? Was for me but maybe not others especially if you have no desire for a softtop at all.
I definitely hear ya. Personally, I just didn’t want the soft top and I didn’t want to keep adding money (because I would eventually get the hard top) onto my total even if it meant me getting sooner. I was hoping Ford would work something out with me but not the case. If things get even more ridiculous and there are even more delays, I may reconsider.

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe that $695 is the additional cost for the MIC top and the soft top cost is built into the base price of the vehicle. Like others have said, plan to pay about $3k for one when they are available later. Hopefully Ford will provide at a discount for all those that took delivery of a soft top.

Sponsored

Csully118

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine. Early 7/14 Reservation. Started as a Wildtrak, changed TUESDAY to a Loaded (Soft Top) Badlands. Everything but the towing package.
When you changed order, was it reflected on the Ford website? I did the same thing last week. I don’t trust that my dealer did it correctly. My Ford account is still showing my Wildtrak order.

NocAug79

Wildtrak
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you changed order, was it reflected on the Ford website? I did the same thing last week. I don’t trust that my dealer did it correctly. My Ford account is still showing my Wildtrak order.
Nope. Ford website has never changed for me. Only the copy my dealer texted me.

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ummm so my dealer just emailed me today at 3:30 CT and said I am scheduled for week of 9/13 and gave me my VIN! I didn’t get an email from Ford on Thursday. I reserved midday on 7/16/20.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just looked, I'm no longer week of 9/6, now scheduled to day. 9/10 build date. Plus side to not having scheduling for so many weeks, VIN assigned to production time is much shorter than it is on other lines.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know if Ford expects to schedule buildable Broncos for MY 21 the last half of September, October, and November before switching to MY 22 in December? If that’s the case, I’m slightly optimistic after seeing some 7/16 res dates get pulled last week. Am I being (more) foolish?

7/18 res, 2.3,BD SAS, MId, A51, soft top

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just looked, I'm no longer week of 9/6, now scheduled to day. 9/10 build date. Plus side to not having scheduling for so many weeks, VIN assigned to production time is much shorter than it is on other lines.
Mine too. Last Thursday I got build week scheduled 9-13, and yesterday I got a DAY of Wednesday the 15 of that week. I’m a Ford employee, so I can see the dealer connection information, which helps.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if Ford expects to schedule buildable Broncos for MY 21 the last half of September, October, and November before switching to MY 22 in December? If that’s the case, I’m slightly optimistic after seeing some 7/16 res dates get pulled last week. Am I being (more) foolish?

7/18 res, 2.3,BD SAS, MId, A51, soft top
We don't know yet. October allocations were released, then they were all canceled due to the hard top issue. We were told this month was supposed to be balance out, but rep wasn't sure if would be Oct/Nov/Dec build or if they'd delay balance our a month and just do Oct. I know they assumed production would be cut, they said that dealers with reduced allocations would get extra 22s to make it right, but I don't think they had any idea yet how many can be built.
Sponsored