Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just buy it and resell it at 10 -20K markup. I went by a dealer that had a BD on the lot thinking it was a demo. Same situation as you, dealer told me the person who ordered it couldn't take the order. Dealer marked it up 20K and sold it the next day. Im sure you could use 20K in your pocket, don't let the dealer make your profit.
Not really that sorta person, and I'm not really in a position where I want to take on that level of uncertain debt.

Guess that'll teach me to 99 my order next time.
Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a Cactus Gray BD in Blacksburg, VA yesterday parked on the side of the street. It was GORGEOUS! Looked really good with the soft top and made me question my color choice. You're going to love yours!
I changed my color from Oxford White to Cactus Gray after going to the Off Roadeo and seeing them in person :D

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Soooo how does that factor for the soft top crew for the remainder of the year?

I'm sure more FEs will get pulled and soft tops will definitely get pulled too.

Keep in mind once the model year flips over to 2022, a soft top is still going to be advantageous to get your Bronco sooner. It's not like the model year change is going to come with an overabundance of hard tops immediately.

Sponsored

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bane and regret will be all that ordered a soft top. Yeah, you have it first, but if YOU aren't happy in the end due to the fitting and road noise.....no excuses and please don't start a "I didn't know it would be this bad" thread. You had the red flag (or harbor freight tarp top) and gotta live with it.
It's not "that" bad, I drove a dealer WT with a soft top immediately after driving my highlander which is probably one of the quietest cars I've ever driven. I drove it on the highway next to trucks and all of that good stuff and while there was certainly more road noise than the Highlander it wasn't even remotely in the same league of what I expected from a soft top. It sounds like no matter what you get there are going to be fitment issues, it's effectively Ford's first generation in a removable top SUV in decades.

If it's that bad, I buy a hard top down the road....yes, I know I'm out probably a few thousand more than I would be otherwise particularly once those added shipping costs are taken into account, but honestly, very, very worst case scenario I eventually trade it in for the body color mod top that I wanted in the first place. I'll lose some money on depreciation, that's for certain, but this isn't an investment, it's fun. We only get so many trips around the big fiery ball in the sky and I'd like to make them a bit more fun and a bit sooner.

That said, to each their own, I don't hate on anyone that's switching to soft top, I don't hate on anyone that's sticking to MIC, and I don't hate on anyone that's waiting until 2023 for mod. It's ultimately up to them and I hope that they're happy with their decisions, but if they later come to regret one part of that decision or another and want to complain about it, I thought that was what forum's were for. :LOL:

JourdanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Jourdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I changed my color from Oxford White to Cactus Gray after going to the Off Roadeo and seeing them in person :D
It's for sure a color that has to be seen in person for the full effect.

So pumped to get mine.

gabagal

Outer Banks
First Name
Gabby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my email yesterday! Scheduled for week of 10/11 (build is in signature). Anyone know when I can actually expect to bring her home? I'm anticipating mid-November, but curious if anyone else on here has a better answer than my "best guess."

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I GOT MY EMAIL!! Another Black Diamond (build in sig) build week October 4

Switching to soft top did it! Tow package did not hold me back. Dropped SAS because I want 2" lift instead of 1" and don't plan on ever being in a situation I need a front locker. I did add the back locker and adv. 4x4.

Ford Bronco 📬 9/2 Scheduling Email Received Group! 1630681336969

Sponsored

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got my email yesterday for 10-4 Good Buddy production. 7/18 res. Black Diamond, Cactus, Mid, 2.7, MGV. Switched to to the soft top in June and happy with the switch as I wanted a white hardtop anyway and will go aftermarket for that. I dropped the Tow in July and am somewhat kicking myself on that after seeing how many on here got pulled for 10-4 with the Tow intact. But whatever, I'll add a hitch later. I'm pretty fired up to get it!

Last edited:

rbgolives

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those with a 10/11 build week, when do you think we can expect them to be delivered to dealer?

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those with a 10/11 build week, when do you think we can expect them to be delivered to dealer?
I am also 10/11 and just texted my dealer asking how long the shipping takes once it is built. He said 2-3 weeks normally, but he has seen some show up faster and some take longer. Dealer is in SE Pennsylvania. Assuming production stays on schedule and takes a week to build, I am expecting mine in early November.

rbgolives

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also 10/11 and just texted my dealer asking how long the shipping takes once it is built. He said 2-3 weeks normally, but he has seen some show up faster and some take longer. Dealer is in SE Pennsylvania. Assuming production stays on schedule and takes a week to build, I am expecting mine in early November.
That would be awesome!!
Sponsored