Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I placed my order on 11/21/22 and less than two weeks later got a production date for 1/26/23 its not impossible ;)
I don’t understand how it’s possible other than if a dealer had an exact build in for a stock unit that they tied your name too, which changed priority from dealer stock to customer order.

From what I was told yesterday, when in for service at my dealer, take it with a grain of salt, they said the ‘23 Banks opened and closed like within a day or two. So who knows when anyone will be able to order a ‘23.

spaceman666

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Explorer, 1998 Cobra, 2006 H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t understand how it’s possible other than if a dealer had an exact build in for a stock unit that they tied your name too, which changed priority from dealer stock to customer order.

From what I was told yesterday, when in for service at my dealer, take it with a grain of salt, they said the ‘23 Banks opened and closed like within a day or two. So who knows when anyone will be able to order a ‘23.
Not in stock unit. I actually called my dealer to configure my build while I was out of state for work, never stepped foot in the dealership. I also was an engineer at Ford and have some of connections ;) but I doubt that was the case. Luck of the draw I guess.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not in stock unit. I actually called my dealer to configure my build while I was out of state for work, never stepped foot in the dealership. I also was an engineer at Ford and have some of connections ;) but I doubt that was the case. Luck of the draw I guess.
Good for you! I wouldn’t think many would have been able to do that

Sponsored

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/16/20 reservation….
Still no email.
I’m happy for everyone getting theirs but man this feels so gut wrenching and unfair when people post that they are getting after less than a few months in order. Granted I have all the sins in terms of my order (badlands, sas, v6, Lux, tow) but damn @Ford Motor Company what’s it gonna take to start keeping your word on “reservation holders first” ?

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quite the draw for you.... and lucky you, congrats.

There's truly no rhyme or reason with how Ford picks what will get built.

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, I'm on day 842 since my reservation and no one has a clue when I might get a build date or VIN. Worst car buying experience of my life...

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
7/16/20 reservation….
Still no email.
I’m happy for everyone getting theirs but man this feels so gut wrenching and unfair when people post that they are getting after less than a few months in order. Granted I have all the sins in terms of my order (badlands, sas, v6, Lux, tow) but damn @Ford Motor Company what’s it gonna take to start keeping your word on “reservation holders first” ?
I hear your pain and frustration....
8.12.20 Reservation here and no one knows anything from Dealers, to Ford Marketing to escalated files to zone managers. Sure does SUCK. And I've come to learn, @Ford Motor Company just doesn't even care about folks like you and I waiting for years.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MY23 order banks for existing orders/reservations were opened for about 2months (9/21 - 11/21) to confirm and/or convert.

MY23 order banks for public walk-in's haven't opened yet and is speculated to do so in February. And if Ford wisely treats it like they did the opening of the Maverick order banks, it will only be open for a few days or a week.

However, as we have seen in this thread, a dealer can place a "new order' for someone as a stock unit if they want a 2.3 soft top non-Squatch, order a BRaptor if the dealer has an open allocation, hijack someone else's "cancelled" reservation, or use their connections to order. So closed, is not a very definitive term.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This would all be much more palatable if @Ford just did the bare minimum in communicating its intentions or plans. We shouldn't have to resort to witchcraft and divination to understand how allocations work, what orders are pulled and why, component constraints, where we sit in line, what plans are being implemented to work through this backlog quickly...

The reason they don't do this is because anything they communicate that expresses some vulnerability or opportunity for improvement, may impact the stock price. So, simply put, @Ford is prioritizing it's share price over their customers' experience.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was scheduled for 12/5 build week but I just checked and it says in production and I got a window sticker. Oh no a Friday build!!!!:LOL:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MY23 order banks for existing orders/reservations were opened for about 2months (9/21 - 11/21) to confirm and/or convert.

MY23 order banks for public walk-in's haven't opened yet and is speculated to do so in February. And if Ford wisely treats it like they did the opening of the Maverick order banks, it will only be open for a few days or a week.

However, as we have seen in this thread, a dealer can place a "new order' for someone as a stock unit if they want a 2.3 soft top non-Squatch, order a BRaptor if the dealer has an open allocation, hijack someone else's "cancelled" reservation, or use their connections to order. So closed, is not a very definitive term.
They told me MY23 Banks opened for a couple days and closed. They said no one will be able to order a MY23 for a while..like I said take it with a grain of salt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, and I have received ZERO emails or notifications from Ford or dealer about the production status. I have to call the Ford 800 number for all updates on status.

FYI, in Sept the dealer suggested that we drop the tow package as it was the primary commodity holding up our order. We will add a tow receiver and 4-pin connector from Rough Country. Don't plan on towing anything, just a storage-rack carrier.
Also plan to add a roof rack, fog lights, and JCR pre-runner bolt on hoop. Still don't understand why Ford doesn't provide a set of fog lights for the modular bumper. Do they think people like the gaping hole/opening on both sides?
Sponsored