Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it's funny to me how people can look at the same pics and one side says look it is tiny, and the other says see it's not tiny 🤣 all I can think is it's a Bronco not an Excursion
Sponsored

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet. I've been concerned about getting this down my 96" wide driveway. I was barely able to scrape my 89' Bronco down it. I only did it a couple of times and would mainly park on the street. Looks like I'll have just a little bit more room. I don't want it too big. Especially since I live in a city. But I still want to drive over everyone else 🤣 I need my get out a dodge vehicle!

BroncoTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Bronco, 2014 crossover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Owning a '92 for the past decade. "Bronco" to me means off-road capability, clearance, 2 doors, and the ability to camp in the back of it with the tailgate down.

The 2dr bronco clearly isn't that, and I wonder if the 4dr with the bed extender will allow it.

I understand, markets are markets, and bullcrap CAFE standards are what they are... but it is "different" to me.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

it's funny to me how people can look at the same pics and one side says look it is tiny, and the other says see it's not tiny 🤣 all I can think is it's a Bronco not an Excursion
Ugh, actually they are both Broncos. Ones tiny, ones not.

*I don’t actually think it’s tiny, just too small for my liking.

JonathanFoster

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 XLT Bronco, 1992 Eddie Bauer Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys, owner of the "crispy '95" here. Glad to see my photos shared here!

In reality, the '21 and the '95 are relatively the same width (fender-to-fender, not counting mirror width). The body of the '21 looked narrower than the OBS. Length-wise (and I know I should have gotten a picture of the rears) the '21 is about a foot longer at the bumper, not including the spare. Height, the '21 is about 2 inches shorter than mine. The OBX pictured is on stock suspension with 32s. Mine is stock suspension as well, riding on 33s. Sitting in the '21, it was actually pretty spacious compared to a current Ranger, I'd say about the same as a '21 F150.

A note on the '95 for those wondering: 235k on the truck, except the engine. The 302 melted a piston at 208k, got a mild rebuild with a small cam, shorties, and 2.5" full exhaust. The body is going to be restored this summer, with the possibility of a small lift as well. The 302 is factory MAF.

Ford Bronco 📷 2021 4-Door Outer Banks Bronco hanging out with 1995 Bronco 20210325_190840_HDR

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny, my biggest concern is that the Bronco will be huge. It will be the largest vehicle (by a large margin) that we have ever owned. I keep looking at 4door Wranglers and trying to convince myself that I could live with a vehicle that huge. But the 4 door Wrangler is about at the upper limit In size for me. The dimensions of the Bronco seem to be nearly identical to those of the Wrangler. If the Bronco is much bigger, I’m afraid I won’t be able to do it. I’m happy to see that it looks smaller than the Broncosauras from last century....
Denny, I had to do some measuring to know if my Bronco would fit into the garage with my Ranger. Comparing the specs of Wrangle to the Bronco it seems that the mirrors make the Bronco approx. 3 inches wider than the Wrangler. And as I was told, "don't worry, it doesn't know how big it is". So you'll be fine. It won't take you long until the size will be a non issue. I grew up in the age when cars were called "Land Yacht's", so the Bronco is a mid size vehicle to me. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, owner of the "crispy '95" here. Glad to see my photos shared here!

In reality, the '21 and the '95 are relatively the same width (fender-to-fender, not counting mirror width). The body of the '21 looked narrower than the OBS. Length-wise (and I know I should have gotten a picture of the rears) the '21 is about a foot longer at the bumper, not including the spare. Height, the '21 is about 2 inches shorter than mine. The OBX pictured is on stock suspension with 32s. Mine is stock suspension as well, riding on 33s. Sitting in the '21, it was actually pretty spacious compared to a current Ranger, I'd say about the same as a '21 F150.

A note on the '95 for those wondering: 235k on the truck, except the engine. The 302 melted a piston at 208k, got a mild rebuild with a small cam, shorties, and 2.5" full exhaust. The body is going to be restored this summer, with the possibility of a small lift as well. The 302 is factory MAF.

Ford Bronco 📷 2021 4-Door Outer Banks Bronco hanging out with 1995 Bronco 20210325_190840_HDR
I don't call that 'crispy" Jonathan, I call that "character". :)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
95 is efi. If it has a 5.8l it gets like 8 in town.
We dont really have highway miles on the island its all town or hills. We get 12-13 mpg or so on our 5.8 96 with heavy bumpers and lumber racks.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The size is what I expected. My SAS will have the perfect stance for me. My 4 door will be on the smaller size of what I drive mainly (Excursion and crew cab f150) so it will feel pretty nimble I anticipate.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You talked to the wrong guy. Saying this is anywhere near a Ram is absolutely hilarious.

It’s the size of a wrangler. Especially interior space, felt exactly like a 4 door wrangler, except more headroom.
Yeaa I agree thats my opinion too is that it’s pretty much the same size as Jeep or similar. I think the guy who referenced a ram to me was referring to the feeling on the inside to him, that was his perspective of the vehicle & we’ll all have a different one. But that’s what he told me it felt to him. I told him the same thing you just said and he said “really” lol . He then stated he was a pickup truck guy so then I understood why he described the Bronco as BIG

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeaa I agree thats my opinion too is that it’s pretty much the same size as Jeep or similar. I think the guy who referenced a ram to me was referring to the feeling on the inside to him, that was his perspective of the vehicle & we’ll all have a different one. But that’s what he told me it felt to him. I told him the same thing you just said and he said “really” lol . He then stated he was a pickup truck guy so then I understood why he described the Bronco as BIG
Cool, just didn’t want you to get your hopes up if you wanted full size big lol. There is no mistaking this Bronco for a full size. It’s comfortable, definitely more comfortable than a Wrangler. My only real issue with the size is the width. I hate the shoulder room and narrow seats in a wrangler, and the Bronco is the same. If you have a wife you will be fighting over the armrest lol. But this will be the smallest vehicle we’ve owned, its all what your use to or can get use to.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool, just didn’t want you to get your hopes up if you wanted full size big lol. There is no mistaking this Bronco for a full size. It’s comfortable, definitely more comfortable than a Wrangler. My only real issue with the size is the width. I hate the shoulder room and narrow seats in a wrangler, and the Bronco is the same. If you have a wife you will be fighting over the armrest lol. But this will be the smallest vehicle we’ve owned, its all what your use to or can get use to.
Thanks for the added insight . ! I was concerned with the width as well, only for a second though , as you said it’s about what you’re used to or can get used to & I’m already used to fighting for elbow space 😅
Sponsored