LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
In before someone argues this still isn’t enough proof they’re removable.

2021 Bronco Hard Top Breakdown 2.jpg
The glass panels are removeable in the mod tops only
In before someone argues this still isn’t enough proof they’re removable.

2021 Bronco Hard Top Breakdown 2.jpg
With a sawzall about 40 minutes.
Or not! Depending on what your future usage would be Just a hint, tho! Glass installers don't use sawzalls
I've been pressing some AM companies for a MIC window kit! Hoping one jumps on the opportunity. I'm getting MIC and I like a slider of some sort!
Ex picture. Dig it's slider windows!

Screenshot_20210218-163412.png

FB_IMG_1613606106365.jpg
I have ideas, how sliders could be done. And I'm sure aftermarket could get it done. Who knows maybe Ford will come and ask me for input. Which I would so graciously agree to help, with such an awesome accessory

OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2021 Bronco Owner
The glass panels are removeable in the mod tops only

Or not! Depending on what your future usage would be Just a hint, tho! Glass installers don't use sawzalls

I have ideas, how sliders could be done. And I'm sure aftermarket could get it done. Who knows maybe Ford will come and ask me for input. Which I would so graciously agree to help, with such an awesome accessory
Maybe you should go ahead get it all drawn out and take it to whoever. You have my permission to use my bronco as a test bronco!! I mean you'll see it come down the line!! I volunteer as tribute!!

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Still haven’t seen a clear answer (if it’s even known) on this unless I missed it. I get the base doesn’t have tinted windows, only on BB and above, but if you option the MIC top at $695, will those windows be tinted? Because that’s the same cost as the hard top on other trims that include the tint, correct?

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

Legend, it is good to see you back as it seems that you took a brief hiatus. There would be a large demand for sliders. Please don't wait for Ford to ask. Let Ford know that there is a demand and you have some ideas on how to implement them.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything is possible, but I worry it will be prohibitively difficult.

I believe the windows on the MIC may be sandwiched between top layers?

We won’t know for sure until we can really inspect it.
The side windows are installed basically the same as a windshield is installed

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i don’t get it. This thread has a picture of a modular top with window removed and in the timeline it says MIC top with window removed.

“Feb 20th 2021 - Surprise, surprise @618TRVLWILD gives us a pic ;) This time it's credited to Bronco Nation & is a 2-door Base with THE MIC top & the side glass removed The Thread
Yeah! those Be some OLD ASS pictures showing the sections of the tops. Actually closer to the MIC but only kind of close. Especially as the MIC does not have removeable side glass, and then the confusing line showing a split rear glass. Kind of mind boggling this stuff is still being endorsed!

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i don’t get it. This thread has a picture of a modular top with window removed and in the timeline it says MIC top with window removed.

“Feb 20th 2021 - Surprise, surprise @618TRVLWILD gives us a pic ;) This time it's credited to Bronco Nation & is a 2-door Base with THE MIC top & the side glass removed The Thread
Yeah! those Be some OLD ASS pictures showing the sections of the tops. Actually closer to the MIC but only kind of close. Especially as the MIC does not have removeable side glass, and then the confusing line showing a split rear glass. Kind of mind boggling this stuff is still being endorsed!
Could the gasket be on the removed part?
I haven't actually seen the glass removed, But I have looked at it closely and would think the glass and seals are some sort of assembly, separate from the top itself

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Could the gasket be on the removed part?
I haven't actually seen the glass removed, But I have looked at it closely and would think the glass and seals are some sort of assembly, separate from the top itself
Wasn't there a picture of the MIC tops still on the pallet without the windows and someone said they were shipped separately and then glued in?

If that's the case it should be simpler for the aftermarket (or Ford) to make a slider window option.
I would agree with that 100%

BD1

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

I would agree with that 100%
Legend, are the MIC tops getting any darker in color? Black or close to black?

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legend, are the MIC tops getting any darker in color? Black or close to black?
I've said for a LOOOONG time "I" consider them a satin black and not Gray. There are so many old images and even new images of old Broncos floating around. that people were misled. The Stig tried to offer some "clarity" but but was misunderstood by his/her management team. I compared it to my Dell keyboard, But being even a little darker than the keyboard, It has a nice texture as well almost like sand paper,. It looks nice and isn't cheap looking at all. 100%, 200% improvement on the early MIC tops and I would say the color match with the fender flares are about the same

RBF 1401

Black Diamond
First Name
Tricia
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Clubs

I just don't understand the modular top. If the purpose is airflow why not install sliding glass like the old Blazers. With my old YJ soft top, I would often run without door and soft top panels but leave the roof on. I really wish the modular top had that capability. I think I'll be riding around a lot with the back window open.

Do you think anyone will make an aftermarket sliding glass retrofit for the MIC top?
@618TRVLWILD was it earlier in this thread you posted the slider pictures? Or was that some where else?

edit: I finish reading through the thread and see them reposted.😍😍

Fly by Nite

First Name
Walt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Clubs

Why would i think you would want to put bigger wheels and tires on it instead of lowering it. Credit to bronco Nation BTW. lol
It was just an experiment to see if the smaller stock tires could look acceptable by reducing the huge wheelwell gap.
It didn't work.
The fender wheel opening arches are just too big of a radius..... they were designed around a tall tire.
If first gen style fenders were put on (Heritage perhaps?), it would have the first gen look, but the tires would have to be tucked in so they don't bottom out on the fenders..... and that ain't gonna happen.

Advertisement

Advertisement