Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personal opinion, the 2 door Bronco and 2 door Wrangler seem to look proportionally the same to me, even though the Bronco is bigger.
Either way at the end of the day buy what makes you happy.
Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 20201127_201126
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 20201127_201126

At the risk of sounding like an idiot.
Can someone explain to me what the "MAX A/C" button does that is different than just pressing the regular "A/C" button and setting the fan speed to max? I've driven foreign cars all my life without a dedicated "MAX A/C" button.
What’s foreign? Civics have max a/c

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The headlight operation and display brightness switch on the Lightning Blue is standard from the Ranger, however, what are the buttons on the Rapid Red Bronco to the left of the headlight operation switch?

They appear to be side view mirror.... Auxiliary Lights? Defrost?

I haven't seen those two switches before and am curious what they are for specifically.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The headlight operation and display brightness switch on the Lightning Blue is standard from the Ranger, however, what are the buttons on the Rapid Red Bronco to the left of the headlight operation switch?

I haven't seen those two switches before and am curious what they are for specifically.
Side mirror lights that come with high package

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tacoma, 21 Mercedes, 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

At the risk of sounding like an idiot.
Can someone explain to me what the "MAX A/C" button does that is different than just pressing the regular "A/C" button and setting the fan speed to max? I've driven foreign cars all my life without a dedicated "MAX A/C" button.
MAX A/C turns the fan speed all the way up and the temperature all the way down. It is designed to cool the car down as fast as possible with one press of a button.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently spotlights that come with high pkg.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Daaaaaaaaaang, for the extra $3,000 you even get extra dashboard buttons. I'm all on board with Lux now.
Take those cowl light mounts, point your lights 90*, one per Aux Switch and *BAM* there are your lower trim alley lights. Get food beam though rather than spot.

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The number of cars I've owned in my entire life can be counted on 1 hand.
- 4 Honda / Acura (still have 2 of them - 93' Legend, and 01' Civic commuter)
- an 04' BMW E46 coupe
None of them have an MAX A/C feature. If newer Civics have it, then you've just confirmed that I'm really getting old. The last time I'd bought a new car was 20+ years ago. The Bronco will mostly likely be my last.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
- an 04' BMW E46 coupe
None of them have an MAX A/C feature. If newer Civics have it, then you've just confirmed that I'm really getting old. The last time I'd bought a new car was 20+ years ago. The Bronco will mostly likely be my last.
It's becoming more popular again as alternators now come from the factory in 170, 220 or even 300 amps. With older systems you were really just diverting max alternator input to overdrive the compressor temporarily until battery voltage dropped below threshold. At least, that's how it's worked on the few cars i've worked on with a "max AC" function.

So to gain benefit from that available output, there is the max AC setting. Seems like using an unintended benefit from elsewhere in the design for a user benefit. Win/win!

Alternators have really stepped up as demands for starters that suddenly have a 10x usage rating due to the asinine start/stop engine function necessitated.

I'm all for going back to the long-throw bendix starters with case hardened gears and exposed flywheel teeth instead of crank impact starters. Although, to date, i'm the only person stupid enough to genuinely suggest this.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
- an 04' BMW E46 coupe
Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Pics: Dashboard switches & buttons + More Broncos 2B80DC56-2D4B-43A7-A35A-B361CCD93C50

2007 for example. I could have sworn the 6th gen had them but a quick search didn’t bring any up and I’m too lazy.

feel like even the old mid 90s slide controls on the cherokees and wranglers had max ac
Sponsored