GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like 6-8” lift on it. Has to be if that’s an actual winch inside skid plate. You’re not installing one like that on factory height.

That Bronco is modded beyond belief. Not much factory about it. Look at the roll cage in side it. They’re wearing helmets. Definitely has a huge lift. Forget installing a winch like that unless lifted at 6” minimum.
Details here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-performance-debuts-bronco-4600-race-trucks.12269/
Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The height of those rock rails tell a different tale it seems. The back end is level so not like rocks are lifting it up.
I was trying to say that all the specs are there in that thread, except for any mention to what the actual lift in it is.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you can hide the kids beneath that genormous lift they have on that Bronco 🤣

That pic is articulated. In other words the suspension is not at ride height. I don't care what the body looks like. That suspension is drooped.

edit: or the body is pushed up.

Here is ride height. 👇

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615591359883

These are 35's on portal axles and there is more stock than you think on this Bronc.

Last edited:

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That pic is articulated. In other words the suspension is not at ride height. I don't care what the body looks like. That suspension is drooped.

Here is ride height. 👇

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615591359883

These are 35's on portal axles and there is more stock than you think on this Bronc.
What do you mean suspension is drooped? This photo shows basically stock suspension. Other photo? Lifted. Bronco is 100% level on those rocks yet body is about 6" higher...

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like 6-8” lift on it. Has to be if that’s an actual winch inside skid plate. You’re not installing one like that on factory height.

That Bronco is modded beyond belief. Not much factory about it. Look at the roll cage in side it. They’re wearing helmets. Definitely has a huge lift. Forget installing a winch like that unless lifted at 6” minimum.

I don't quite follow your thinking here, a lift kit does not change anything where that winch is mounted. Plus a winch is not as big as you think ......

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615606291466

As you can see it is only 7.61 inches from tip of release handle to bottom of mounting flange. Plus, I believe a winch mounted in this location (in the skid) is also not mounted straight up, it is mounted pointed forward. In other words that release handle would be pointed forward not up. This would allow mounting to one of the Bronc's crossmembers. I don't know this for sure and it will be interesting to see how it is mounted but for now that is my guess.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you mean suspension is drooped? This photo shows basically stock suspension. Other photo? Lifted. Bronco is 100% level on those rocks yet body is about 6" higher...

This is ride height. Maybe be slightly compressed in the turn. See the gap at the rear.

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615606923868

.........this pic the other side of the Bronc is compressed making the side facing you droop or extend, it is a solid axle after all. also if you notice the front wheels are turned. They or on some serious rocks and it will make a chassis do some wicked stuff, not to mention the camera angle can make it deceiving what is actually happening. Solid axle works like a lever push on one side the other side goes the opposite. If you could see this from the other side the tire would be completely stuffed in the fender.

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615607076788

Three pics. .... all three same Bronco. 😁

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615608758083

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Here is ride height. 👇

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615608758083

Looks like most of the lift is accomplished via the portal axle setup. I'm super psyched to find out how that winch is mounted. It's either that or relocate the intercooler.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like most of the lift is accomplished via the portal axle setup. I'm super psyched to find out how that winch is mounted. It's either that or relocate the intercooler.
Here is how I look at it. Those are 35" tires. Squatch sets down on it's 35's or in other words the gap between flare and tire is small, this has more gap (from flare to tire) , I would say 2/3 inches for sure over whatever Squatch is.

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615608391500

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615608249863

Portals will really help keep the lower a-arms our of harms way.

........ as far as the winch this is a stock mod bumper and stock intercooler location, looks like a bigger intercooler, so it fits in there some way. ;) That's why I think it faces forward.

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615608154418

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
looks like a bigger intercooler, so it fits in there some way. ;)
Not so sure about this. I believe the Ultra4 4600 rules are pretty strict about the powertrain staying basically stock. Engine, cooling, frame and body are supposed to be basically unchanged.

As for orientation of the winch, on most winches you can clock the release handle to fit tight spaces. I'd bet they figured out a tray in there, mounted the winch upright and clocked the handle to the rear so it was accessible from the side past the skid plate

Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't quite follow your thinking here, a lift kit does not change anything where that winch is mounted. Plus a winch is not as big as you think ......

1615606291466.png

As you can see it is only 7.61 inches from tip of release handle to bottom of mounting flange. Plus, I believe a winch mounted in this location (in the skid) is also not mounted straight up, it is mounted pointed forward. In other words that release handle would be pointed forward not up. This would allow mounting to one of the Bronc's crossmembers. I don't know this for sure and it will be interesting to see how it is mounted but for now that is my guess.
This is ride height. Maybe be slightly compressed in the turn. See the gap at the rear.

1615606923868.png

.........this pic the other side of the Bronc is compressed making the side facing you droop or extend, it is a solid axle after all. also if you notice the front wheels are turned. They or on some serious rocks and it will make a chassis do some wicked stuff, not to mention the camera angle can make it deceiving what is actually happening. Solid axle works like a lever push on one side the other side goes the opposite. If you could see this from the other side the tire would be completely stuffed in the fender.

1615607076788.png

Three pics. .... all three same Bronco. 😁

1615608758083.png
Right side extended you say? Well that pic is taken head on on the rocks. Im not seeing it, but its level if you look at my red lines and if right side extended? Yellow lines wouldve been where it should be?
Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615607076788

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615609651327
Not so sure about this. I believe the Ultra4 4600 rules are pretty strict about the powertrain staying basically stock. Engine, cooling, frame and body are supposed to be basically unchanged.

As for orientation of the winch, on most winches you can clock the release handle to fit tight spaces. I'd bet they figured out a tray in there, mounted the winch upright and clocked the handle to the rear so it was accessible from the side past the skid plate

Don't know the exact rule, but did know it was stock drivetrain, just not sure how far they take that. :D ...could be they just took all the plastic cooling doors off of it.

Didn't think of the clocking thing but you are right. Looks like room to fit to me. (y)

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615609545670

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't know the exact rule, but did know it was stock drivetrain, just not sure how far they take that. :D ...could be they just took all the plastic cooling doors off of it.

Didn't think of the clocking thing but you are right. Looks like room to fit to me. (y)

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615609545670
That was my impression when I saw the trail rig at Super Cel West, but everyone talking about the intercooler started making me doubt myself.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right side extended you say? Well that pic is taken head on on the rocks. Im not seeing it, but its level if you look at my red lines and if right side extended? Yellow lines wouldve been where it should be?
1615607076788.png

You can draw all the fancy lines and dissect a picture but I can tell all of these pics are the same Bronc. Ever think maybe the guy taking the pic you used is standing on a big rock elevating his angle???

The pic you used as your example is NOT lifted any more than the others..

Here is a pic of a Squatch with the passenger front tire on a rock and both rear tires flat but yet the chassis pushes the body up. Therefore extending the rear creating the gap.

Ford Bronco 📷4600 ripping in the desert+added pics! 1615610335929

I have wheeled for a lot of years. Not my first rodeo.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is how I look at it. Those are 35" tires. Squatch sets down on it's 35's or in other words the gap between flare and tire is small, this has more gap (from flare to tire) , I would say 2/3 inches for sure over whatever Squatch is.

Portals will really help keep the lower a-arms our of harms way.

........ as far as the winch this is a stock mod bumper and stock intercooler location, looks like a bigger intercooler, so it fits in there some way. ;) That's why I think it faces forward.

Question for you if you don't mind...
First ,I agree. I think this thing has 3 inches over sas height. My question is do the portal hubs allow better CV angles than the standard? I know this is running RCV CV half shafts, but what do you feel is allowing for CV angles that aren't too aggressive (that is presuming they aren't too aggressive)? 3 inches+ is generally on the edge for IFS, if you want boots to last and not bind up.
Sponsored