Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well thank you for taking one of the most amazing images and most thrilling races of
My life and turning into your life sucking depressing posts...
Appreciate that..
Like I said. Seeing it might as an alien is one thing. Quite novel. Living in this hellscape for what amounts to 75% of your stay on this planet is quite something different. Never wonder why there are more Canadians living in Arizona and Palm Springs than Americans and southern border crossers. We all want out.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I said. Seeing it might as an alien is one thing. Quite novel. Living in this hellscape for what amounts to 75% of your stay on this planet is quite something different. Never wonder why there are more Canadians living in Arizona and Palm Springs than Americans and southern border crossers. We all want out.
I spend literally 3 months of my life living outside only with my sled and a tent to keep me warm. I get the weather. I’ve spent most of my adult life either in the military special forces or as an extreme winter endurance athlete training in sub arctic weather, I understand and thrive in the cold better than most.

I get it apparently you hate your life, sucks to be you and I would make some serious changes to make yourself happy.
All I am saying this was a Positve thread about beautiful landscapes and the Iditarod trail and Alaska hold a special place for me- so don’t be a dick and shit on someone’s photo because your depressed...

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I spend literally 3 months of my life living outside only with my sled and a tent to keep me warm. I get the weather. I’ve spent most of my adult life either in the military special forces or as an extreme winter endurance athlete training in sub arctic weather, I understand and thrive in the cold better than most.

I get it apparently you hate your life, sucks to be you and I would make some serious changes to make yourself happy.
All I am saying this was a Positve thread about beautiful landscapes and the Iditarod trail and Alaska hold a special place for me- so don’t be a dick and shit on someone’s photo because your depressed...
I don’t disagree changes are needed. Trying. Not as easy to move to the US legally as you might think. Working on it.

Glad you enjoyed yourself in Alaska. Glad you don’t have to live in that any more than you can choose to either.

OP
OP
Wide Open Roads

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well thank you for taking one of the most amazing images and most thrilling races of
My life and turning into your life sucking depressing posts...
Appreciate that..

Advice- u might wanna seek professional help...or friggin move...
help can’t hurt!

Sponsored

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco 📸 🏆 Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America IMG_9402 1.JPEG

Valley of the Gods, tail end of a trip cut short by Covid...but we still had a couple months on the road.

Here are my notes from waking up that morning:

It’s dawn in the Valley of the Gods. Looking away from the rising sun, I watch the shadows creep toward me across the soft, rust-colored earth and bunch together in the crevices of sandstone pinnacles. The bellies of low cloud banks are a luminous tussle of orange, pink, salmon, and rose. Birds haunting the shrubs (Swifts? Wrens?LBJs?) suddenly fire up their indefatigable avian engines and as the temperature rises, wispy cirrus clouds form up higher and move behind the sun-burnished stone spires and crenellations. The slow skirmish of light and shadow is more cautious than the sea against the shore or the wind among the trees, but all of these I could sit and watch until I disintegrate. When we began this journey, I was thinking about the way humans have assigned personalities and motivations to deities in order to explain the diversity and confounding awe of the natural world. And having recently listened to both Stephen Fry’s deeply entertaining Mythos and a radio interview with Physicist Brian Greene about his new book, and then camping in Valley of the Gods…well. Greene provided insight into another incredible duet, like light and shadow or sea and shore: evolution and entropy. The nut is that while we’ve conditioned ourselves to consistently strive for permanence, we retain a wild adaptability to change that we could embrace if we only we so choose.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Picture is a rock formation that I don't know what it's called and second is Devil's Tower last October in Wyoming. I was really hoping to see a UFO at Devil's Tower but in my research the scene in Close Encounters was on a sound stage in Mobile.

121292370_10158609164435149_2086356359388028698_n.jpg

121300873_10158609165395149_8756588683903394266_n.jpg

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arizona/Utah road trip last Labor Day weekend.
Horseshoe Bend, Colorado River, Page AZ
Tuweep, GCNP, North Rim
The Wave, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Coyote Buttes North
C428E811-E103-426A-8B05-C21E79D382CD.jpeg
961EC70C-0B14-4680-8C7D-E1354C40C13C.jpeg
E9093DF3-1544-452E-9F20-0E908CAF4784.jpeg

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is where I spread my dad's ashes.

My dad's dream was to retire in a quiet log cabin in Montana. Cancer took him before he was able to. He was diagnosed in 2014 at 57 years old. I was 22. He fought it for 4 months before he went to meet his maker.

A little over 3 years later, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were driving north through western Montana up to Glacier National Park. I told her to pull over because something felt special about this little quiet pull off in the "middle of nowhere". I had been carrying my dad's ashes in a mason jar for years, waiting for the "right spot".

You see, my dad was as blue collar as they come. After serving as an enlisted man in the Navy for 22 years, he drove semis up until the year he passed. For a man that has literally traveled the entire world, his favorite place on Earth was in the mountains of Montana. All he wanted was a quiet retirement to enjoy the peace and serenity of those mountains. Being a truck driver, I felt he would've enjoyed pulling over his semi at this little lake in the middle of the woods.

I waited over 3 years to spread his ashes. I figured, this is as good and quiet of a spot as any. He didn't get to retire here when he was alive, so he might as well enjoy it in the afterlife. I imagine the snow melting in spring, and his ashes spreading further into the lake and beyond.

Thank you for the opportunity to share this. I don't talk about my dad or losing him anymore, but it bothers me to this day. He never met my wife. He doesn't know that I joined the military at 26, became an officer in the world's greatest Air Force, and that I did well enough to fly in the F-15E Strike Eagle. He wasn't there when my daughter was born. We didn't get along well when I was a teenager, then we grew distant, and I missed the opportunity to get to know him as a grown man myself. Everybody tells me I'm just like him. I sure wish I could talk to him.

Again, thank you.

Ford Bronco 📸 🏆 Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America E9093DF3-1544-452E-9F20-0E908CAF4784
Winner give him the shirt👍

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Devil’s tower in Wyoming. My second to last stop on a 6,000 mile road trip
Ford Bronco 📸 🏆 Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America F09AAD82-9492-42BA-8CAF-0460CE673CE1

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📸 🏆 Memorial Day Giveaway & Sale - Share your best road trip photos of America 192398969_157835232974007_3309627850463453238_n
Sunrise at Diamond Lake, OR overlooking Mt. Thielsen.

This was taken during a camping trip one summer on a trip to Crater Lake and just one of my favorite photos. Many weekends were spent on the road exploring the Pacific Northwest and all it has to offer. You really can't beat the great outdoors!

Status
Not open for further replies.