Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hot on the heels of Ford’s Bronco Everglades teaser pix, we caught two wrap-covered prototypes on public roads, revealing the new Desert Sand paint color destined for the new special-edition model.

Our best real-world look at the Bronco Everglades gives us a great view of the new wheels, the new hue, bits of its front suspension and shocks, and the winch-and-snorkel set-up that defines the Everglades package. The front shocks resemble the H.O.S.S. air suspension available on the Bronco Badlands and First Edition models. We can’t say for sure if the Everglades is getting the same H.O.S.S. set-up, or if there is unique hardware in use, since the prototype’s shocks are covered with rectangular, right-angled covers, instead of the tubular, dual-chambered H.O.S.S. shocks. Perhaps there’s a bit of suspension camouflage in play, until the Everglades goes fully official with all of its specs.

The Everglades’ new Desert Sand paint can be seen peeking out from the camo wrap—primarily on the front fascia, windshield headliner, and on the rear corners around the tailgate and tail-lights. The new color is reminiscent of the desert tan color that was offered on the ‘80s Bronco.

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd14.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd16.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd01.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd13.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd11.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd12.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd10.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd17.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd09.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd18.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd20.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd22.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd23.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd24.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd21.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd28.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd27.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd02.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd03.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd04.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd05.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd06.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd07.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd08.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd29.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd26.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd25.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd15.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd19.KGP

Ford Bronco 📸 2022 Bronco Everglades spied in DESERT SAND paint! BroncoEverglades.DesertSnd30.KGP
Sponsored

Last edited:

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they got rid of antimatter blue so they could paywall a paint everyone wanted to a special edition

vERY coOL

The only thing cool about this "edition" is the new wheels. Some people pointed out that the snorkel doesnt make sense because the bronco already has massive fording depth

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing cool about this "edition" is the new wheels. Some people pointed out that the snorkel doesnt make sense because the bronco already has massive fording depth

Snorkels are also really good for dusty conditions where you dont want an air filter plugged all the time from running in packs across dry dusty roads....

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Neat. Dockers khaki color. Can't get Brittany Blue or Boxwood but we do get this. Impossible to get any more mediocre, maybe they will put the WT camo interior in it and finish the army look.:sick:

Last edited:

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the hell. I would much rather have this color than Cactus Gray. I think. Do I 99 my order now until we can see what Everglades has to offer?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1970s Mohave Tan, yes.😍
2020s Desert Tan, no.😕

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to bet it is the same suspension as any sasquatch bronco. I am curious as to what this model will offer. I notice the front camera is not there or at least not in its usual spot. I find the front camera extremely useful in tight situations and when climbing obstacles where all you see is the sky. I look forward to when the final product is released. I do like the fenders.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fender flares are different as well. And if I know the interior design team, they have already picked out color accents and stitching's that don't match any of the paint choices.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I missing something regarding the suspension? I don't see any covers/camo and it looks identical to the HOSS setup to me. 🤨

I'm also trying to figure out how the author made the leap to describing HOSS as an air suspension system.

EDIT: seems they've fixed that now...

Prefer.A.Jimny

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquach 2 Door!
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more kick in the nuts! I really like the color!!
Sponsored