Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy moly. I think I am changing from Oxford White to Race Red....

You are right. That is a beautiful color. Not to mention, you said it was a rainy day. Imagine how gorgeous that color would look on a bright and shiny nice day with the top down.
Go see it in person. I had ordered race red and then saw it on a f150 in sun and it was super orange. It looked like a pumpkin. It wasn't for me. I'd rather a cherry red, or the red on the wranglers.
Sponsored

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ohhhhhhh girl, you don't know what you're doing to me!

Also, I need to take the engine cover off our Ranger and remember what that octopus looks like, I would have sworn those were the 2.7 engines by the rout of the charge pipes..... Getting old, getting out of touch.... Yet still never letting you down!

(talking to the Race Red Bronco. All bright red cars are ladies by my estimation)
Are you actually the real Rick Astley?

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go see it in person. I had ordered race red and then saw it on a f150 in sun and it was super orange. It looked like a pumpkin. It wasn't for me. I'd rather a cherry red, or the red on the wranglers.
I think some of these colors look very different based on the light they are in. Look at Area 51 or Cactus Grey.

No matter what, I am a MY22. That gives me time to sit back and watch the eventual picture threads for the different colors and make a final decision. But I am almost certain my color will be Race Red or Oxford White.

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great photos! I was already thinking of switching from A51 to Rapid Red, but now race red is in the mix too. Great.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BL 4 door with optional wheels/tires 🤘

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ashley is great. I have learned so much from her and everyone on this forum. I just signed up for an event at a dealer not too far from me for next Tuesday. I'm hoping they will have a sas, but if not, Ashley said she didn't think sas is much taller than the others. I will probably have to end up getting some type of step, but I'll wait until I get it to figure that one out.
I can’t wait to see your pictures and what you think!! 🥳🥳

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sticking with Area 51, I'm sticking with Area 51, I'm sticking with Area 51 (damn you Ashley 😆)......My dealer is going to cancel my order if I change the color again!
I’m so sorry! Stay Area 51!! Y’all are a big group... stay Area 51!! 😂😂😂

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wondered that at first. So far my eyes see a bright red pepper color.🌶🌶. No Orange. I’m hoping the two door look even better wrapped in Race! I had an Orange mustangs once. It was fun. Fun to get pulled over! 😂😂

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wondered that at first. So far my eyes see a bright red pepper color.🌶🌶. No Orange. I’m hoping the two door look even better wrapped in Race! I had an Orange mustangs once. It was fun. Fun to get pulled over! 😂😂
Race Red will have a hint of cherry orange in it at very specific angles and with bright, direct, sunlight or under a sun-gun.

Nobody has called me out on it yet (which is rather strange that in itself since I talk so much trash on here), but Race Red is essentially a "melted crayon" color which relies upon an artificially glossy clear over a flat base color to generate it's hue. That being said, there is so much carmine red in it that it will mimic a more traditional paint style. The sometimes cherry-orange appearance follows what
Ford Bronco 📸: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red 1616090688038
and A51 do, but with enough actual color to mostly hide the melted crayon effect.

It also takes wax a lot better than A51 or CNDMGOO will.... Speaking from experience detailing a friends BOSS 302.

Natural lighting while sitting in a garage, quite the true red color in person.
Ford Bronco 📸: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red image-3

Direct sunlight, notice the slightly washed out cherry appearance of the bumper while the trunk lid is a deep red. (my old Electric Blue evo in the background, what a great color!)
Ford Bronco 📸: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red image-12

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Race Red will have a hint of cherry orange in it at very specific angles and with bright, direct, sunlight or under a sun-gun.

Nobody has called me out on it yet (which is rather strange that in itself since I talk so much trash on here), but Race Red is essentially a "melted crayon" color which relies upon an artificially glossy clear over a flat base color to generate it's hue. That being said, there is so much carmine red in it that it will mimic a more traditional paint style. The sometimes cherry-orange appearance follows what
Ford Bronco 📸: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red image-12
and A51 do, but with enough actual color to mostly hide the melted crayon effect.

It also takes wax a lot better than A51 or CNDMGOO will.... Speaking from experience detailing a friends BOSS 302.

Direct sunlight, notice the slightly washed out cherry appearance of the bumper while the trunk lid is a deep red. (my old Electric Blue evo in the background, what a great color!)
I can totally handle that melted crayon color!! I dig it!! I just gotta remember no speeding!! 😹😹

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can totally handle that melted crayon color!! I dig it!! I just gotta remember no speeding!! 😹😹
"Officer, you see what happened there was Ford's fault... You can see this color, this is what it does! I'll accept a stern warning, however."

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

1616090688038.png

image-3.jpg

image-12.jpg
Oh yea, talk dirty to me.

I have had nothing but black or gray/granite cars my entire life. The thought of having something bright that looks different in different light settings sounds EXTREMELY appealing.
Sponsored