Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was wondering what box it is to see if there is s slightly shorter one. I'm no aerodynamics enginerd but it looks like it could be moved up about a good 6 inches before the lift of the wind off the windshield becomes a problem and I only think it would take about 2-3 inches to center it just right. If it's that close might have to make a makeshift wind tunnel and dial that brick in.
I'll ask the GF again, she's not an aerodynamicist, but her background is in aero/astro engineering.

We had talked about these for Bronco on our drive down to Moab and she really liked what she saw when I sent her the pics in the OP today.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll ask the GF again, she's not an aerodynamicist, but her background is in aero/astro engineering.

We had talked about these for Bronco on our drive down to Moab and she really liked what she saw when I sent her the pics in the OP today.
Good thinking. My uncle is a custodial engineer and has an extensive background in breaking wind let me tell ya. I bet he can give some good insight.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good thinking. My uncle is a custodial engineer and has an extensive background in breaking wind let me tell ya. I bet he can give some good insight.
well that must have made the holidays fun. That sort of generational talent is in your blood.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

well that must have made the holidays fun. That sort of generational talent is in your blood.
Unfortunately for me he's not a blood relative, but I'll be sure to let his kids know the good news.

On a serious note, there are so many things that factor into this kind of stuff that even seasoned engineers sometimes don't realize. For example Thule made a wind fairing for their roof racks that was really popular in the '90's because it looked cool. They ended up discontinuing it because it was causing more problems than it solved. They sell a new one now that is a different design. I was half joking about a makeshift wind tunnel. If I end up with a cargo box I just may do a little testing on it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice, I'll be rocking that setup (except OBX). I even have the Thule. I'm totally figuring out out to mount that rack with roof off.
Know the feeling... ;)

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Badlands looks great. No need to Squatch.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am sorry if this already was mentioned, any idea what box this is??? Thule Force L or XL?

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somehow I missed this thread prob because I ignored the title as the Thule storage thing does nothing for me. But the real hidden gem is a 2 dr carb grey BL Sansquatch with non upgraded wheels.

THANKS Ashley!!!!
Sponsored