Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Ashley for this, great find.

The license plate holder, what and why. It is a piece of plastic with 4 elastic straps to hold the plate on. They do realize the rear has a dedicated spot for the license plate right? Or is this going to be what delays the bronco next, a lack of screws?
I believe it is a temporary manufacturer plate used for on-the-road testing. It allows them to easily move the plate from vehicle to vehicle depending on which one is being taken out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How do you know it was a first edition? I didn't see any badge...
The wheels, then the bumper having the BO bar! Most the FEs have been badge-less from the start! If it been a Wildtrak then the front bumper would have fogs. Usually the Wildtraks have been badged or graphics!

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it is a temporary manufacturer plate used for on-the-road testing. It allows them to easily move the plate from vehicle to vehicle depending on which one is being taken out.
I don't doubt that, but I can take off my license plate in under a minute with an electric drill. It probably takes longer to pull the elastic bands out.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a chameleon color! It's like half gray, half blue and then goes to a sort of French Blue before turning a steely blue... ;)

Still enjoyed the POV video, lol

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't doubt that, but I can take off my license plate in under a minute with an electric drill. It probably takes longer to pull the elastic bands out.
To screw & unscrew the plate every time a different car is taken out is just not feasible. Just think about it. You have multiple test vehicles and multiple drivers. All taking turns testing one or more vehicles at same/different times. You also have a limited number of plates allocated to you by the government (usually less than the number of vehicles you would like to have plates for). Would it even make sense to fiddle with a screwdriver/drill every time someone takes a car out? Logistically, it would be a non-starter. It's much easier to just grab a plate on a plastic clip (mostly likely on a rubber strap), clip it on to the tailgate, close the rear glass, then go.

By the way, this is the same method used by a car dealers when you go do a test drive. Sales person gets a plate on rubber straps, hangs it over the trunk, close the trunk to hold it in place. Instant dealer license plate for the test vehicle.
Sponsored