Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1/2023 Ford Bronco HPR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Received email from FMC yesterday that my 01/20/22 base/2 dr/auto/2.3 cyber orange bronco has been confirmed to a 2023 in shadow black. Going into dealership today to confirm order with a few minor options added in hot pepper red. Know I get price protection ordered before 03/22, and base price on original contract was $29300 then $31300 and now $32295. When I sign new contract with dealer today, what price should be on contract for base model? I want to walk out knowing what price protection I got on the starting base price.
Sponsored

amandapaka

Big Bend
First Name
Anant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Received email from FMC yesterday that my 01/20/22 base/2 dr/auto/2.3 cyber orange bronco has been confirmed to a 2023 in shadow black. Going into dealership today to confirm order with a few minor options added in hot pepper red. Know I get price protection ordered before 03/22, and base price on original contract was $29300 then $31300 and now $32295. When I sign new contract with dealer today, what price should be on contract for base model? I want to walk out knowing what price protection I got on the starting base price.
Do you mind posting a screenshot of this email? So many people didn’t receive any email regarding the switchover

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want to walk out knowing what price protection I got on the starting base price.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way.

" In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer."

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

So it puts it almost entirely on the dealer to apply the PP at the time of sale, not ordering. So it reads to me like you basically have to order with hopes your dealer does everything right and ends up applying the needed certificate at time of purchase.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way.

So it puts it almost entirely on the dealer to apply the PP at the time of sale, not ordering. So it reads to me like you basically have to order with hopes your dealer does everything right and ends up applying the needed certificate at time of purchase.
And the slimy ones will take advantage of the "left open to interpretation wording" to screw over countless more purchasers. :mad:

Ohship5

Base
First Name
Oship
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m trying to change my trim this year and when I asked my sales person when I can come in to change my order/order my 23 he said they pushed the date back again. Anyone else getting this message from their salesperson?
Nope. Went in today, made the change no issues. Got the confirmation email from Ford right away.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to change my trim this year and when I asked my sales person when I can come in to change my order/order my 23 he said they pushed the date back again. Anyone else getting this message from their salesperson?
The order banks are indeed open. Did your dealer happen to give you a new date on when the banks would supposedly open?

It has been suggested here several times that some of the more unethical dealers will delay converting orders until after the first round of scheduling on 10/6. This would give the dealer the opportunity to use their first round of allocations on Big Bend softies for dealer stock.

I would suggest you pay your dealer a visit and confirm your order in person.

FarlsBarkley

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The order banks are indeed open. Did your dealer happen to give you a new date on when the banks would supposedly open?

It has been suggested here several times that some of the more unethical dealers will delay converting orders until after the first round of scheduling on 10/6. This would give the dealer the opportunity to use their first round of allocations on Big Bend softies for dealer stock.

He did not give me a date. He said
Unfortunately they pushed the date back once again. I asked to when. And he responded with Haven't been given a date, but all of the orders in WBDO are already showing 2023. Yet I got the email from ford saying into time go to your dealer to update your order like everyone else did

E98CF7A3-5C1C-44FF-AAD2-9A991DD9D820.jpeg

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It sucks that dealer contacts don't know as much about the process as we do, for us this has become a "hobby" of sorts where we search out and seek info and answers.

But let's remember, you don't need a formal education to sell cars, you only need to be able to fog a mirror, show up for work on time and ask for the sale over and over. That's pretty much it and most of the dealers train them to sale, not to think or to serve.

I was hired to sell cars when I was 18 and I failed because, despite having direct marketing and retail sales experience, I had a stigma regarding asking someone who says "I'm just looking, not ready to buy until..." to badger them for the sale.

I didn't like when it happened to me, so I didn't like doing it to others. Now I'm mature enough to know how to balance out asking questions to be helpful while not being to pushy. With age comes confidence and experience in how to do this helpfully with the confidence without being a pushy-dick and that I'm here to help you, and I would have less problems with getting to the questions that could lead to a sale.

Point being a lot of these sales people are hired not because of their Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and guest services skills, but rather if they can ask for the sale and get you from the lot and into the sales office.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went into the dealer and re-ordered my first week reservation OBX/Lux/Mic/Sasquatch/HD bumper/2.7. My Dealer told me I’m one of 9 first week orders who don’t have a VIN. They also indicated tow is still a restraint and so is the navigation chip. There’s an option in the ordering system for navigation delete which gave me a $695 credit and could possibly get me scheduled earlier. I don’t need the Built-in Ford navigation as I have a Garmin Overlander unit for snowmobiling that I find very easy to use and accurate. Base price is up over $3,000 from when I first ordered 1/29/21 so hopefully the price protection goes smoothly. Interestingly, the LUX group 314 is down to $3195 minus another $695 for navigation delete so a savings of $1,090 from my 2021 order price of $3,590.

I Received the order confirmation from Ford by the time I got out to my car in the parking lot.

Ford Bronco 🔐 RE- ORDER BANKS for 2023MY BRONCO are OPEN! C833BED1-8CC8-43D3-B4A0-F6E7DAF2B1A4

Last edited:

FarlsBarkley

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Telling me the 28th now. It sounds very fishy like you said

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i need to go do this next week sometime. adding sas package too i think.

Ohship5

Base
First Name
Oship
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
He did not give me a date. He said
Unfortunately they pushed the date back once again. I asked to when. And he responded with Haven't been given a date, but all of the orders in WBDO are already showing 2023. Yet I got the email from ford saying into time go to your dealer to update your order like everyone else did

Ford Bronco 🔐 RE- ORDER BANKS for 2023MY BRONCO are OPEN! C833BED1-8CC8-43D3-B4A0-F6E7DAF2B1A4
100% lying to you.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer just keeps saying it will automatically switch, how do you make them do it? I’ve called twice, yesterday I told him how all of you are getting emails about the switch which we have not received and also how y’all are getting confirmation emails on your reorder. Just keeps saying it’s automatic. I called again today and waiting on a return call.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer is seemingly pulling the same shit. Will not respond and does not seem interested in playing their part before Oct 6. Likely to get as many stock orders as they can unfortunately. Seems like a really shady loophole to play in.

Dealership franchise laws suck!
Sponsored