Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tyson co founder of Hammer Built here, creators of the Hammer Built Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System. Strap in Bronco Fam, this is a long but informative read!!!!
Click HERE to skip to the link...
Youtube Video HERE
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 D3AA7155-0A9A-4E55-86C9-0E91A5FE969E

One good thing I can say about how long we all had to wait for our broncos, is that it gave us plenty of time to day dream about all the things we wanted it to do. More importantly, it allowed us to listen to and observe some of the first the Broncos that hit the trails. If there's one thing we've learned in all our years of building offroad vehicles, it's that you can't modify one aspect of a vehicle without considering the effects it may have on the rest of the vehicles overall performance and reliability!

Since the first thing we had planned to add was heavier wheel/tires, we knew this would be the perfect place to begin our mod journey. Our mission was simple; produce the highest functioning, highest quality Bronco parts, backed by the real world experience and offroad accessory expertise!

We all agree that the purpose built offroad wheels with the larger more aggressive tires can drastically change the appearence of our Broncos; but not many fully appreciate how much heavier they can be over stock. The oem Sasquatch Tires are considerably lighter than the normal 315/70/17 at 55 lbs, especially when you compare it to a 35" toyo MT at 78lbs. Even the Sasquatch set can squeak and wobble during street driving. When Ford released the Bronco Raptor, we noticed they added a reinforcement plate to the tailgate with the larger 37" tire. This signaled us to start drawing up a support plate that would not only add the needed strength to the tailgate, but allow us to incorporate methods to store some of our favorite offroad gear!
Here is a picture of what can happen to a tailgate that has been over stressed without any reinforcement
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 F72336B0-8D51-4CA4-8439-473C1BE7EA93

MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT BRACKET-
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 E7DCEC87-E692-4754-A591-D28B84559562

Designed to add the most strength as possible to our aluminum tailgate, our support bracket starts off as a piece of US Cold Roll steel that is then cut to shape by a special Fiberoptic precison laser. A TRUbend cnc presses the flat piece into to the perfect contour while adding rigidity. Lastly, One of our highest priorities was a long-lasting weather proof coating to ensure no rust or oxidation even after years of offroad action. Thats why all Hammer Built parts are coated with a fully automated ISO certified Medical grade powder coat process for a near perfect finish. No fisheye or uneven coats. Even our hardware is made from a high grade stainless steel.
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 F0F8B168-0F79-4EBA-9007-2DA748CA8631

When test fitting our first prototype, it became apparent we needed a way to protect the hinge paint while giving the bracket a solid seating surface. We decided to design some conical spacers out of Delrin material that would be soft enough to not damage the paint, but rigid enough to absorb the shock and forces from heavy off-roading. The spacing it provides allows us to use special hydaulicly pressed in "PEM" fasteners that allow you to attach our Hammer Built Accessory Arm. To anyone that doesn't know wtf a PEM fastener is, here's a quick video...
They are strong, reusable, and permanent threads/mounting points literally fused to the the support bracket with intense pressure.

HAMMER BUILT ACCESSORY ARM
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 193FEA13-6178-4ABD-8741-A4CE1F5F2B22

We spaced these fasteners to fit most 33-37" tires so that the accessory arm would fit snugly next to the whichever sized tire you have on your Bronco. The two most obvious offroad accessories that belong outside the vehicle are fuel and dirty/muddy traction boards.
Once you attach the accessory arm, you can attach a 1/2/3 gallon Rotopax fuel canister, or a set of ARB tread pros. (MaxTraxx mounting points are on the permitter so we are developing a adapter to accept those PREORDER coming soon)
We even incorporated an optional attachment for a flag/antennae/dust light!
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 A20F80F1-A626-4ECA-9147-83A818C3FD13

Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 8A3183F5-5223-4799-B6B5-38BB7E972EC9

Happy to put together a bundle with the rotopax/traction boards/antennae/lights etc!
Pm txt or call me 915-449-0881 .
Check us out at.https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco

Follow us
Instagram-
DoYouBronco
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about a spare tire delete and cooler rack option? I have a two door also and a cooler steals all the space behind the seats.

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tyson co founder of Hammer Built here, creators of the Hammer Built Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System. Strap in Bronco Fam, this is a long but informative read!!!!
Click HERE to skip to the link...
Youtube Video HERE
5310982F-6DD3-438A-9B55-2ADA798FB54C.jpeg

One good thing I can say about how long we all had to wait for our broncos, is that it gave us plenty of time to day dream about all the things we wanted it to do. More importantly, it allowed us to listen to and observe the first the Broncos that hit the trails. If there's one thing we've learned in all our years of building offroad vehicles, it's that you can't modify one aspect of a vehicle without considering the effects it may have on the rest of the vehicles overall performance and reliability!

Since the first thing we had planned to add was heavier wheel/tires, we knew this would be the perfect place to begin our mod journey. Our mission was simple; produce the highest functioning, highest quality Bronco parts, backed by the real world experience and offroad accessory expertise!

We all agree that the purpose built offroad wheels with the larger more aggressive tires can drastically change the appearence of our Broncos; but not many fully appreciate how much heavier they can be over stock. The oem Sasquatch Tires are considerably lighter than the normal 315/70/17 at 55 lbs, especially when you compare it to a 35" toyo MT at 78lbs. Even the Sasquatch set can squeak and wobble during street driving. When Ford released the Bronco Raptor, we noticed they added a reinforcement plate to the tailgate with the larger 37" tire. This signaled us to start drawing up a support plate that would not only add the needed strength to the tailgate, but allow us to incorporate methods to store some of our favorite offroad gear!

MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT BRACKET-
3FCF8082-2479-4FB9-8A15-6DE098E454C9.jpeg

Designed to add the most strength as possible to our aluminum tailgate, our support bracket starts off as a piece of US Cold Roll steel that is then cut to shape by a special Fiberoptic precison laser. A TRUbend cnc presses the flat piece into to the perfect contour while adding rigidity. Lastly, One of our highest priorities was a long-lasting weather proof coating to ensure no rust or oxidation even after years of offroad action. Thats why all Hammer Built parts are coated with a fully automated ISO certified Medical grade powder coat process for a near perfect finish. No fisheye or uneven coats. Even our hardware is made from a high grade stainless steel.

When test fitting our first prototype, it became apparent we needed a way to protect the hinge paint while giving the bracket a solid seating surface. We decided to design some conical spacers out of Delrin material that would be soft enough to not damage the paint, but rigid enough to absorb the shock and forces from heavy off-roading. The spacing it provides allows us to use special hydaulicly pressed in "PEM" fasteners that allow you to attach our Hammer Built Accessory Arm. To anyone that doesn't know wtf a PEM fastener is, here's a quick video...
They are strong, reusable, and permanent threads/mounting points literally fused to the the support bracket with intense pressure.

HAMMER BUILT ACCESSORY ARM
A0056FDA-06D5-4437-90CB-34860B676A75.jpeg

We spaced these fasteners to fit most 33-37" tires so that the accessory arm would fit snugly next to the whichever sized tire you have on your Bronco. The two most obvious offroad accessories that belong outside the vehicle are fuel and dirty/muddy traction boards.
Once you attach the accessory arm, you can attach a 1/2/3 gallon Rotopax fuel canister, or a set of ARB tread pros. (MaxTraxx mounting points are on the permitter so we are developing a adapter to accept those PREORDER coming soon)
We even incorporated an optional attachment for a flag/antennae/dust light!
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 8A3183F5-5223-4799-B6B5-38BB7E972EC9

Happy to put together a bundle with the rotopax/traction boards/antennae/lights etc!
Pm txt or call me 915-449-0881 24/7!
Check us out at.https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco

Follow us
Instagram-
DoYouBronco
Is there a way to mount a Jerry Can on the tailgate instead of a rotopax gas can? if so I'm definitely interested or willing to help you test it out on a 4 door First Edition!

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there a way to mount a Jerry Can on the tailgate instead of a rotopax gas can? if so I'm definitely interested or willing to help you test it out on a 4 door First Edition!
You can mount almost anything you want to the accessory arm. I’m going to send you a pm to discuss some options I have lined up for testing. Thanks for reaching out!

if anybody has any other gear that would like to see attached to our system, please feel free to make any and all suggestions here!

here’s a teaser of our prototype maxtrax molle pannel attachment. Testing different high lift attachments and other configurations of tanks/traction boards
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 42021A12-56F2-4B61-9E7D-96C64634FB95

jjcsr74

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 FJ '15 GT500, '21 BadSquatch, '22 BLk Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a suggestion, why not create an accessory bracket that mounts to the tailgate hinges...similar to what you have that mounts directly to the hinges?

One 90-degree bend and an aesthetic shape, universal spaced holes for common items (Rotopax), etc? I designed one on Sketch-Up that I was going to have water-jetted and bent at my son's high school, but they aren't taking projects this close to the end of the year.

I think you'd sell a ton because I'm making it and putting it on my wife's soft top Bronco because she can't have a roof rack...tons of soft tops out there.

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"ISO certified military grade textured powder coat", did you mean to say that your powder coat shop is ISO Certified?

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes our facility is required to be ISO certified for some of our government and medical contracts.

We are using a high grade fine textured powder coat that meets the extremely stringent specifications placed by the US airforce for one of their outdoor communications boxes (which we also manufacture).

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait for mine to ship!

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trend of part branding is keeping me from purchasing many items. This is another one of those too. Why does everyone seem to force their brand on almost every part they sell now? It's no for me on that principal alone. I know you can't make everyone happy. I guess I am one of those people that just doesn't want to be a vehicle billboard.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The trend of part branding is keeping me from purchasing many items. This is another one of those too. Why does everyone seem to force their brand on almost every part they sell now? It's no for me on that principal alone. I know you can't make everyone happy. I guess I am one of those people that just doesn't want to be a vehicle billboard.
the laser cut logo inbetween the bottom hinge bolts really is very minimal. When you attach your gear it’s almost invisible!
Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 9CF5BB74-BBDB-40ED-8805-9723353A73C7

Ford Bronco 🔨HAMMER BUILT BRONCO MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT SYSTEM🔨 C45B1675-3466-486E-B634-719409C26291

Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's a nice product that provides a great option to carry different items. I like your special powder coating and flag/antenna mount, but my OCD just takes over on the branding. I could put a small cover over it, but not what I want to do. Thanks for pointing out that it is minimal.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're gonna flip when you pick up your vehicle! Pesky Bronco and Ford markings everywhere.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands