Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll buy once this becomes availableā€¦

Ford Bronco šŸ”® What We Know: 6th Gen Bronco MCA Refresh Date, End of Production Date, Raptor Launch Date, and the 7th Gen Bronco 1632868567914
Sponsored

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Texas has not banned petrol vehicles in 2035 or any other year.
As someone who lives in Houston and works in the oil patch Iā€™m well aware of Texasā€™s commitment millions of dollars and jobs to the state economy. But they donā€™t set the rules for other states and progress slows for nobody.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the 7g bronco will have massively increased payload capacity. Put new bumpers and winch on and you probably over the GVWR on current model.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hopefully the 7g bronco will have massively increased payload capacity. Put new bumpers and winch on and you probably over the GVWR on current model.
The category, think Jeep Wrangler, the competitor, has massively increased it's towing capability how much with each successive generation?

The reality is the Bronco suspension is optimized for off-roard, not massive towing.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the price of a BEV is lower than an ICE vehicle, demand will explode. That day may not be that far into the future.
I don't think the electrical grid in the US can support the demand needed for rapid EV adaption. It can barely handle hot days....

I just looked up these numbers - so they could be wrong....

An ev uses ~.25KWH per mile - lets say 50 miles per day average. Thats 12.5KWhr per day. A three ton AC unit uses about 3.5KW per hour. So running a car is like adding a new AC unit and running it for 3.5 hours per day. Imagine if millions of people - multiple people per household bought and ran new AC units for 3.5 hours every night all at the same time. Now add truck stops running hundreds of "AC units" 24x7. Huge power bills, rationing, etc.... It's not clear to me that the country is prepared for large EV adaption.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't think the electrical grid in the US can support the demand needed for rapid EV adaption. It can barely handle hot days....

I just looked up these numbers - so they could be wrong....

An ev uses ~.25KWH per mile - lets say 50 miles per day average. Thats 12.5KWhr per day. A three ton AC unit uses about 3.5KW per hour. So running a car is like adding a new AC unit and running it for 3.5 hours per day. Imagine if millions of people - multiple people per household bought and ran new AC units for 3.5 hours every night all at the same time. Now add truck stops running hundreds of "AC units" 24x7. Huge power bills, rationing, etc.... It's not clear to me that the country is prepared for large EV adaption.
It is VERY clear, the US power grid IS NOT ready.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The category, think Jeep Wrangler, the competitor, has massively increased it's towing capability how much with each successive generation?

The reality is the Bronco suspension is optimized for off-roard, not massive towing.
The defender has 2x payload as Jeep or Bronco. This was one area Ford should of copied the Defender instead of the Jeep. Better for Overlander (lots of gear) and people that add a ton of accessories to there rig and still want to carry a passenger or two.

I'd guess that most Jeeps over way over the GVWR, and same will hold for bronco's.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 xlt bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Something else to consider is road maintenance. Motor fuel tax pays for a lot of it now. What's all the electric vehicles going to do to the grid/cost of electricity and how will roads and bridges be maintained?

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something else to consider is road maintenance. Motor fuel tax pays for a lot of it now. What's all the electric vehicles going to do to the grid/cost of electricity and how will roads and bridges be maintained?
For states that inspect vehicles yearly, they will just tax you on the Miles Driven. They're going to get their money...... :(

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no idea what your deal is @Seatmandan, but I am entitled to my commentary just as well.

Judging by what I read here nowadays, there are times I personally wonder if it would've just been better for management to swallow the first February 2020 Bronco drip feed leaks and delayed U725 launch 18 months from the original January 2021 launch date to late Summer 2022 as a MY 2023?

Not even unveiling it until this October (2021) at earliest, once COVID-19 became a known issue in March 2020 and shutdowns affected original U725 reveal, production (Dec 2020) and market launch targets (Jan 2021).

That way all these small "disasters" and barrage of complaints wouldn't exist to the magnitude that they do and it would've been much smoother.

Also, it's almost as if some people forget what they're buying in the first place and have lost any sense of composure, not remembering 5-6 years ago, no one handling U725 expected a pandemic to occur and a resultant chip shortage to accompany it.

It's not perfect, but trying to get it done and right.

Signing off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this 6G MY21 will be here for my 50th birthday (November), I guess I should be planning ahead for the 7G MY31 in time for my 60th!

:oops:
Dude, I just turned 50 this month. Can we not. I just want my 2DR midlifecrisismobile and to be on my way. There's enough stress without worrying about 60.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hahahahahaha
so by the time some of us are getting our broncos, they'll actually be different than the ones we ordered!! if ford takes long enough, maybe we can get the flying car option! why do i get the feeling that by the time i get mine they'll have announced that they're discontinuing them again!
Sponsored