MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not like they really started building them to do a stop build, as far as we know not one Heritage has made it to a customer yet so who knows. This is the first written confirmation of an issue but of course they don't publicize the problem or an ETR so it's all back to us sitting around guessing. I can try to be an optimist and say yes, admission of a problem is the first step to actually fixing the problem but Ford's had over 3 years to figure it out if it's the top.
Isn’t the MOD top made by another contractor? I recall a while back Ford cancelled the MOD with the MIC top maker. BTW, also just read where the MIC top makers employees voted to join the UAW.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn’t the MOD top made by another contractor? I recall a while back Ford cancelled the MOD with the MIC top maker. BTW, also just read where the MIC top makers employees voted to join the UAW.
Every part on a bronco except the sheet metal and a few castings is made by a “contractor”. Ford assembles vehicles, the vertical supply chain Henry set up eroded a long time ago.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every part on a bronco except the sheet metal and a few castings is made by a “contractor”. Ford assembles vehicles, the vertical supply chain Henry set up eroded a long time ago.
Yes I know that, I was just pointing out how Ford changed contractors for the MOD top.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it's time for me to ditch my Heritage Limited order. I got pushed back over the weekend to August and now I see the "Stop Build" order from Ford.
If I get pushed to 24 I’m switching from Heritage to Wildtrak

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not like they really started building them to do a stop build, as far as we know not one Heritage has made it to a customer yet so who knows.
I saw a Heritage driving through Laurel Canyon this past weekend in LA. It's the only one I've seen out and about.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
By 2024 Wildtrak will be the new "Heritage" lol
I did just email dealer to ask if switching from HE to either badlands or Wildtrak would get scheduled faster. Seems those are being built, I like those models as well and luxe packages with capabilities.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I saw a Heritage driving through Laurel Canyon this past weekend in LA. It's the only one I've seen out and about.
My guess is that it was a home built Heritage vice factory build or maybe a Bronco Sport one. There's absolutely no real Bronco Heritage's on any of the dealer or for sale sites out there and if any actually made it out there you know there would be one on one of the auction sites.

Sponsored

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell why didn’t they ship out the raptors they have versus making more that they will probably park to do another price increase….

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I did just email dealer to ask if switching from HE to either badlands or Wildtrak would get scheduled faster. Seems those are being built, I like those models as well and luxe packages with capabilities.
What sucks about switching is that I'm scheduled and have no choice but for them to fix it or make a decision to cancel/postpone it. If they do I have no clue how that's going to affect the price protection increases that have happened over '23. My original '21 BD order that I kept rolling over is now $54k, is Ford going to honor the price on an old order? I seriously doubt it!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn’t the MOD top made by another contractor? I recall a while back Ford cancelled the MOD with the MIC top maker.
One of the long vanished insiders had mentioned that but I don't think it was ever confirmed anywhere.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What sucks about switching is that I'm scheduled and have no choice but for them to fix it or make a decision to cancel/postpone it. If they do I have no clue how that's going to affect the price protection increases that have happened over '23. My original '21 BD order that I kept rolling over is now $54k, is Ford going to honor the price on an old order? I seriously doubt it!
That’s a really good point. I have no price protection and am not scheduled so I wonder if I would lose my place in line since order was already submitted or changing it to a WT or BL would speed up the process. Never heard of a hard stop to production but I love those trims as well.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I know that, I was just pointing out how Ford changed contractors for the MOD top.
All the BS started when Ford decided not to follow APQP. The decision makers knew better and blamed it on covid. Picking Webasto as the original supplier did not help.
Sponsored