Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[ā€¦]
AND THE KICKER...if I get moved to 22, I may not even be first in line bc who cares about that anymore, right Ford?
This doesnā€™t make any sense.

If Ford *didnt* care about anything, they would just continue scheduling into and through MY22 as they are nowā€¦ they wouldnā€™t care enough to go through the hassle of coming up with a new scenario to prioritize new MY22 orders over existing MY21 orders.

If Ford *did* care, they would just continue scheduling into and through MY22 as they are nowā€¦ they wouldnā€™t want to go through the hassle of coming up with a new scenario to anger existing MY21 customers just to prioritize MY22 customers.

The order timing is irrelevant, except for price protection. Your time stamp for reservation and parts availability will determine the time of the build. Sad but true that commodities seem to really be more important, or mine would be scheduled already. About the color, I would guess you have to pick a new one if they discontinue your choice.
Price protection is also based on reservationā€¦ so really, itā€™s only relevant when it comes to scheduling (your order has to be in and a normal priority code in order for Ford to know to consider it).
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think If you receive it after that date it makes it a MY22. If itā€™s built on or before December 12th 2021 it makes it a MY21 delivery time wont matter. If it is built on December 13th 2021 it makes it a MY22. The model year Changeover at the factory is 13 December 2021. Anything built before that is MY21. So at that point final built date will matter for MY21/MY22. Just my 2 cents
Okay yes. You are absolutely correct. If your bronco is built before that date it is a MY21, after that date MY22ā€¦ but my point still stands.

We need to stop thinking about this MY change over as anything other than just a mark on the calendar. Production just continues through (save for the temp shutdown). If they donā€™t get around to building your Bronco before that magical date, it will just be the next model year.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay yes. You are absolutely correct. If your bronco is built before that date it is a MY21, after that date MY22ā€¦ but my point still stands.

We need to stop thinking about this MY change over as anything other than just a mark on the calendar. Production just continues through (save for the temp shutdown). If they donā€™t get around to building your Bronco before that magical date, it will just be the next model year.
Yes I agree. I just wanted to clear that part up. It doesnā€™t effect me much i already have a build date and VIN number set for next month.

Production will not slow down it will continue they will just be called MY22 at that point.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As pointed out dealerships have largely been unable to add ADM even though they absolutely wanted to. Dealership orders will be built right alongside reservation orders for MY2022 and the dealerships will be adding ADM to every non-reservation unit they receive until they can't get away with it anymore.
People just need to refuse paying these stupid additional dealer markups. Until that happens, don't blame the dealer, it's the consumer that makes it even possible. I have and will continue to tell dealers, no never on any ADM or any dealer addons that I didn't specifically request. I have always been able to get a deal done, and don't remember ever paying over MSRP on a new car.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how the statement concerning scheduling totally leaves out reservation time stamp. Parts, color, etcā€¦.but oneā€™s $100 reservationā€¦.yeah right.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man this whole thing is disappointing (yes, it is, I am allowed to say that)... I know only so much of this is in Ford's control but it still so annoying to have a first week reservation, with MIC being my only constraint (do not want soft), and I may be pushed to NEXT SUMMER... all I get for it is free sound boards and some Ford pass points. I am really trying to be patient and remain optimistic but every day that goes by without a VIN #, those traits grow even more thin. And don't tell me to go get a Jeep or whatever, I am sticking with Ford bc of the A plan pricing & I love the Bronco. Continual lack of comms infuriates me more and more. I still don't even know when or if I am getting an email if I'm going to be MY21 vs 22. I know we have good sources (THANKS for y'all's work) on here but I should be hearing this news from Ford, not a forum/reddit.

AND THE KICKER...if I get moved to 22, I may not even be first in line bc who cares about that anymore, right Ford?
A first week res? What day? So many people ordered in the first day/hours that first week doesn't necessarily mean it's super early. There will still be a lot of people ahead in reservation line. I was a first night reservation and I believe I will probably be kicked to next summer as well. I am hoping otherwise, but who knows?

Agreed about the communication. We should hear the truth from Ford instead of waiting for leaks all the time. I believe the main reason for the snarkiness and the anger of res holders is this lack of real communication. The emails they send out don't even say anything except that we have to wait.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Same with 2021 Mustang. So those order guides are going to be important resources.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People just need to refuse paying these stupid additional dealer markups. Until that happens, don't blame the dealer, it's the consumer that makes it even possible. I have and will continue to tell dealers, no never on any ADM or any dealer addons that I didn't specifically request. I have always been able to get a deal done, and don't remember ever paying over MSRP on a new car.
That's a nice theory, but try buying a vehicle in Florida. You literally cannot buy anything without encountering those and they will not budge. They actually laugh at the customers. That is why I ordered from Stephens in WV. The state of dealers in FL is absolutely ridiculous.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a nice theory, but try buying a vehicle in Florida. You literally cannot buy anything without encountering those and they will not budge. They actually laugh at the customers. That is why I ordered from Stephens in WV. The state of dealers in FL is absolutely ridiculous.
Well, my parents live in Florida and they have not paid any ADM's either... But you just proved my point, you refused to pay it and ordered elsewhere, which is exactly how you need to do it. Eventually, they will get the message.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All they say is that they may not necessarily build them in the order received, meaning they have an out to add other factors. Not that they will add in other factors, but that they might. So you might go to the top, you might get put at the very end if your dealer is late on the new order, Ford is intentionally vague.

I don't see timestamp order being promised or even mentioned at all in this document, they may add it in, they may not (see the top of my post). Remember Ford refused to promise no dealer stock before timestamp for anything beyond MY2021. All they are now promising is that the orders for 2022 may not necessarily be built in the order they come in (we will all be putting in new 2022 orders) as orders allocations and commodities come into play. With this language they could (not necessarily that they will) toss timestamps completely and go with the new 2022 orders including stock orders with the dealers setting priority completely. Before dismissing that thought as ridiculous, consider the language they used in the document and that it would obviously be worst case for us and best case for dealers. Dealers are Ford's actual customers and Ford has consistently and unilaterally changed the process more than a few times to benefit the dealers over the reservation holders.

Best guess is that this generic document was only to set the important dates and they haven't completely figured out what do do with current orders, with 99 orders, or with reservation timestamps (reservation numbers match our order numbers, which as many have mentioned; get replaced when we go to a 2022 order). They will have to tie the current orders to the new ones in some fashion to get the price protections and so forth, but they don't even mention timestamps or current orders in the process. All bets are off, it may be a rush to order on day one with dealers adding stock at the same time while setting 10-19 codes as they see fit. It may not be that way, but it would benefit the dealers over us and that is a pattern we've seen over and over again.
I am not optimistic since they used similar language for ordering 2021MY, but also had the addition of timestamps in that language.. They have left timestamps out of this document. Again, I think they haven't decided yet and are leaving themselves wiggle room, however I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling over what the final process will end up being.
FWIW - I called and asked Ford, and they said time stamp still counts in 22. So if you were day one or two and rolled or 99ā€™ed to ā€˜22, you in the front of the line with later time stamps behind you at your dealer. However that is way commodity dependent, as we have seen.

That is what Ford said to me - but they have said other things and then changed.

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never paid MSRP let alone ADM. The key to it all is being able and having the fortitude to walk away. If my state does not have a dealer willing to actually deal with me then I will go somewhere else or not buy.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW - I called and asked Ford, and they said time stamp still counts in 22. So if you were day one or two and rolled or 99ā€™ed to ā€˜22, you in the front of the line with later time stamps behind you at your dealer. However that is way commodity dependent, as we have seen.

That is what Ford said to me - but they have said other things and then changed.
That would be a pleasant outcome and your info is no more or less reliable then anything else, sadly I have been conditioned by Ford to believe it when I see it. Hopefully they do converted reservations before stock.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That would be a pleasant outcome and your info is no more or less reliable then anything else, sadly I have been conditioned by Ford to believe it when I see it. Hopefully they do converted reservations before stock.
Me too - so I am going to be at my dealers front door when they unlock on the first day to order a 22 to make sure.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read an article 2 days ago...FORD is still saying they will get 80,000 Broncos built in 2021. Lets hope so.
Do you have a link? I've not seen that and would be interested. Everything I've seen points to less than that.
I still don't even know when or if I am getting an email if I'm going to be MY21 vs 22. I know we have good sources (THANKS for y'all's work) on here but I should be hearing this news from Ford, not a forum/reddit.
Ford has communicated that hard tops are a constraint and will influence production for some time going forward. It's very unlikely if you aren't a day 1/maybe 2 order and sticking with the MIC top that you'll see yours this year.

Other than that, Ford doesn't actually know how the constraints are going to play out, so they can't tell you much they haven't already.
So Iā€™m still waiting to hear something on my WildTrak reservation from 7/16/20. Is this thing ever gonna be built?
Based on information available, if I was in your shoes I'd be planning on next year. Sorry.
Sponsored