Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here: (in this article/near the end) Ford Bronco ships to dealers as company starts filling 125,000 orders (freep.com)

" While Ford declined to provide specifics on the production schedule, Fiorani said his sources have indicated that Ford is hoping to build about 80,000 Ford Bronco SUVs in 2021 and about 160,000 in 2022. "
I read that article and the source is Fords Global
Here: (in this article/near the end) Ford Bronco ships to dealers as company starts filling 125,000 orders (freep.com)

" While Ford declined to provide specifics on the production schedule, Fiorani said his sources have indicated that Ford is hoping to build about 80,000 Ford Bronco SUVs in 2021 and about 160,000 in 2022. "
The source for these inflated Bronco number is Sam Fiorani who is head of Ford's Global Vehicle Forecasting and that includes Bronco Sport. 60,000 or there about has always been the number. I hope Ford does produce 80,000 not including the Baby Broncos.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So basically Exactly what we expected and what Ford has been saying if you read between the lines.

MY22 Ranger orders open 13-Sept. We've known that for weeks. I fully expected Bronco to be the same date given it's the same factory.

Ford has said for months that MY21 Bronco production would go through the 1st Week of December, so we actually get a few more days than anticipated.

Model year changeover is expected to be under 48 hours, so 22s should start rolling off the floor a few days later. Other than swapping one or two paint canisters in the robots there is not that much to do.

Also, let's be serious, there are not going to be very many changes from 21 to 22. About the only change is the sticker and VIN to code 22 instead of 21. Sometime in late 22 you might be able to get a Mod top, and those of you who missed out on ordering the rediculously expensive First Edition will be able to order the Heritige Edition for slightly more than the FE.

I just hope Ford actually gives the dealers good instructions for how to convert 21 orders to 22 in order to keep the promised pricing.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So' why is Ford not offering a 2 door soft tops yet? Seems kinda dumb with all the MIC hardtop problems.
Sorry to quote myself but heard from a chemist friend of mine today. Maybe this has been covered but chemical shortages are definitely hurting hardtop production. He specifically mention "Release agents" used to loosen tops from the mold. His company is struggling to source chlorine of all things.

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully Ford offers the Warthog right off the bat!

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a day 2 reservation , I ordered a wild track with a painted black top.
I set my order back in March. Once the order needed to be finalized I was give the choice by my dealer to go With an MIC top or move to my22.
I chose to go my 22 in order to get what I want.

my question is , now that I have moved to my22
Does my original day 2 reservation put me at the head of the line for my22? Do I get to change colors of tops based on what will be available for the my 22’s ? If I do change colors etc do I keep me place in line.

thanks for your patience.
You don't have an order for an MY22. You have an order for an MY21. Code 99 tells Ford "don't build this". As soon as the order banks for 22 open on 13 September, your dealer needs to change your 21 order to a 22.

You get to keep your place in line, subject to parts availability and dealer allocation. Since you want a Mod top, you will be behind everyone else anyway. Webasto can't keep up with MIC production as it is, they certainly won't have MOD tops available by early 22.

As long as you don't have a VIN assigned, you can change your order however you like. Ford promised to honor 21 pricing if the order was substantially the same (whatever that means) if the order was in my 19 March.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who has long-since come to terms with the fact that I will get a ‘22, I’m hyped for the new b&p and potential options!
With you 💯. Pumped to build a 22 with new colors and hopefully have it by mid summer of 22

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
Based on the first notification in May for June/July builds another notification should go out again by the end of June for July/August 2021s. I have a “code10” meaning a 2021 build. My dealer confirmed I’m getting a 2021. My reservation was July 18th. Wildtrak Sas/ Lux/Leather/MIC/ Hitch.Modular bumper. I’m expecting an August production with a September delivery.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this number is accurate, that doesn't leave a lot of hard tops after you figure in First Editions, VIPs, and priorities. And people said the VIP/priority thing would only push you back a week. :rolleyes:
If that number is accurate, I come to the opposite conclusion you do.

FE: 7,000
Priority orders: 3,000
VIP: <50?

That leaves 2/3 of total top production, 20,000 worth, free for everything else.
Don't forget the demo builds. Despite the soft top announcement, I saw 2dr and hardtops.

I guess we will find out soon if they schedule the 7/13 hardtop reservations for build in August. It is hard to take the 30K number seriously until they start showing progress in non-Priority hardtop timestamps.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't get a build date and VIN by August, start looking through the MY22 B&P...
That is how I read it.

8/27 or I go to 2022. :cry:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget the demo builds. Despite the soft top announcement, I saw 2dr and hardtops.

I guess we will find out soon if they schedule the 7/13 hardtop reservations for build in August. It is hard to take the 30K number seriously until they start showing progress in non-Priority hardtop timestamps.
I'm a non-priority, non-FE, MIC with a VIN and week of 7/19 build. 7/13 reservation.

I know there are several others. That said, it would be a lot better if we saw more getting scheduled. I consider myself quite lucky!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is how I read it.

8/27 or I go to 2022. :cry:
I guess I don’t understand the issue.

For all we know, the difference will be either on 8/26 you get a scheduled MY21 build for the last week of November… or on 10/14 you get a scheduled MY22 build for the second week of December.

If I were in that scenario, I’d much rather wait the couple weeks for the new options.

We’re all going to get our Broncos when we get them based on time stamp and commodity and allocation and transport logistics… the MY change over is just going to happen in the middle there somewhere around all that…

::EDIT::

Thinking more on this, there is the scenario that all the 99s get reactivated in front of you if you get pushed to MY22 and all of the commodity issues are settled by then, creating a backlog of Mod tops now prioritized before you, turning that two week delay into a 4 week delay…

…but at least you wouldn’t even know how close you were to the last of the MY21s.

Last edited:

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was the point of a reservation, order and being loyal? 2022 model on a 2020 order...and doing me a favor? I got an F250 a freaking 75 and excuses from Ford. Soft top, engine, base models, Sasquatch, towing..blah blah blah.

Everyone thinks the delay is on the 2021---- Ford has been goofing around with this Bronco since 2016 and it is just annoying.
Sponsored