First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, December builds IF modular tops are available by December. I'm sure hoping they are, because it'll mean they've addressed a lot of Webasto issues, but you would agree it's possible Mod tops may not be available on day 1 of MY22 production, yes?
Yes. All this talk about who goes first, 99s waiting for 22 or 19s who don't get a 21. Wont be an issue when the mod top, HE, and mansquatch are late availability.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, December builds IF modular tops are available by December. I'm sure hoping they are, because it'll mean they've addressed a lot of Webasto issues, but you would agree it's possible Mod tops may not be available on day 1 of MY22 production, yes?
Of course I would agree to that.

Also, for all we know, they're building them now and putting them aside to be ready on Day 1.

(they did originally think they would be ready for "late 2021" anyway)

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course I would agree to that.

Also, for all we know, they're building them now and putting them aside to be ready on Day 1.

(they did originally think they would be ready for "late 2021" anyway)
WOW, Glass half full "Love It" now top it off 🍺

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People just need to refuse paying these stupid additional dealer markups. Until that happens, don't blame the dealer, it's the consumer that makes it even possible. I have and will continue to tell dealers, no never on any ADM or any dealer addons that I didn't specifically request. I have always been able to get a deal done, and don't remember ever paying over MSRP on a new car.
I agree. I never have paid an ADM. Never even MSRP. I had a great deal lined up on a Mustang GT convertible last year in late May/early June when COVID was hurting dealer sales. I ended up pulling the plug because of a last-minute reveal on a dealer-added item that basically tacked $1K onto the price. It was still a very good deal even with that, but I walked on principle. Pretty sure the dealer was fine that I walked because someone else probably came later and paid more for that car. Had I bought it, I wouldn't have a Day 1 Bronco reservation, so I guess that's another plus.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to give someone a glass of water when the glass supplier cant produce the glass.

This vehicle is not a basic right, it's a luxury; if you're unhappy with the way Ford handled the situation, you're free to purchase any vehicle you want.

Ford didn't have to do anything from a customer satisfaction standpoint. With the demand on Bronco, they could easily could have said "tough cookies, deal with it" and still sold out 2021. If you don't like the rewards for waiting, that's ok. I found those rewards to be awesome, I know I'll be using those rewards points towards my tube doors, and I'll be doing the off-rodeo, and taking a friend. To say that Ford is doing nothing to try to make it right is disingenuous.
Wow! You went completely off the rails there, the whole shot; twisting my posts, ignoring full passages, and fabricating lies by claiming I wrote that Ford was doing nothing.

We get that you are a dealer and probably feel you have to Defend/Promote Ford always, but seriously... If you truly believed what you are pushing, you wouldn't have felt the need to misrepresent my arguments and suggest I go elsewhere, you would have logically refuted them. An emotional response is a sign of someone who believes they lost an intellectual discussion. Your wholesale dismissal of the business ethics of the people in a financial bind due to Ford's choices is also not a good look, it might feed the stereotypical dealer image of having precious little in the way of ethics.

BTW, (and not rhetorical), how many weeks/months did Ford know their supplier couldn't produce the metaphorical glass before they made new promises to people?

It is painfully obvious that another emotional outburst will result from this post instead of reasoned discussion on the topics, vent away your anger. I hope it makes your feel better, I won't even defend myself or point out the flaws, you can 'win'. It seems important to you to do so.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. All this talk about who goes first, 99s waiting for 22 or 19s who don't get a 21. Wont be an issue when the mod top, HE, and mansquatch are late availability.
This is exactly why I didn't 99, though I wanted to. I don't think MOD tops will be around until late 2022. I don't think we will see Heritage announced either until at least mid way through 2022. Could be wrong but after a year of watching Ford I don't think we are.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need to stop thinking about this MY change over as anything other than just a mark on the calendar. Production just continues through (save for the temp shutdown). If they don’t get around to building your Bronco before that magical date, it will just be the next model year.
I'm looking at the changeover only as a date that at some point before, if I don't have a scheduled date, I will punt my order to a '22, on the basis that I'd rather take delivery during a season when I can actually use and enjoy it and I'm not interested in a November/December '21 when I can have an early '22. From a finance/insurance/resale perspective, the newer model year will be worth more for many years until they've fully-devalued and begin increasing in value again. Mine will never be a garage queen that would command a high dollar 20, 30 or more years down the road.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There was NOTHING in my post that was assumption and the tiers are exactly how I laid them out. The 22MY Wildtrack could see different colors as far as interior goes but to even think there's a chance of getting it with MGV is absolute delusion. It would make zero sense to put MGV in it when the next model down has it but hey stay in Fantasyland and be prepared to be let down when the 22MY BnP hits.
Somehow, I don’t see MGV as the primary difference attracting me (and anyone coming from a Rubicon) to Badlands. The disconnect is the primary value. That and the ability to get front and rear lockers with 7MT and the max articulation.

If Ford offered MGV in every trim, I’d still be ordering a Badlands.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at the changeover only as a date that at some point before, if I don't have a scheduled date, I will punt my order to a '22, on the basis that I'd rather take delivery during a season when I can actually use and enjoy it and I'm not interested in a November/December '21 when I can have an early '22. From a finance/insurance/resale perspective, the newer model year will be worth more for many years until they've fully-devalued and begin increasing in value again. Mine will never be a garage queen that would command a high dollar 20, 30 or more years down the road.
Two things that come to mind on this:

1. I think Ford is anticipating exactly this desire for order holders to "punt"... which is why, if I were them, I would schedule all the way out to the MY change over before I released MY22 options and opened the MY22 order banks. We've been given a TON of notice already and allowed to "hold out" for potential MY22 options, so they need to put the brakes on that at some point. If there aren't any MY21's left to schedule by the time they release MY22 options, there's diminished issues.

2. Only the region/zone level can recode someone 99 after they are given a 10-19 code.... so if Ford doesn't heed my advice from my first point, and they release MY22 options and a MY21 order holder walks into their dealer to "punt"... the dealer can't do it. They have to request it from the region, and if I were the region, frankly I would deny it if I thought it would jam up scheduling... which it probably would if we multiply that scenario out.

If you want my thoughts:

Everyone should either emotionally prepare themselves to receive a MY21 with their ordered options immediately before or after the change over... or they should request the code 99 now and emotionally prepare themselves for a CY2022 delivery.

$0.02

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. I think Ford is anticipating exactly this desire for order holders to "punt"... which is why, if I were them, I would schedule all the way out to the MY change over before I released MY22 options and opened the MY22 order banks. We've been given a TON of notice already and allowed to "hold out" for potential MY22 options, so they need to put the brakes on that at some point. If there aren't any MY21's left to schedule by the time they release MY22 options, there's diminished issues.
I think dealers would want them not to schedule all the way out. Then, if there are less orders than capacity/supply for MY21, then they can get dealer stock units with the leftovers. I'm sure I'm missing something in plain sight...

Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it's not personal. They all get sold. I think that if it becomes personal, then that person should rethink their priorities... and leave us out of it.

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
If you have a production date, how long after do you think until it lands at the dealership? Thx

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was NOTHING in my post that was assumption and the tiers are exactly how I laid them out. The 22MY Wildtrack could see different colors as far as interior goes but to even think there's a chance of getting it with MGV is absolute delusion. It would make zero sense to put MGV in it when the next model down has it but hey stay in Fantasyland and be prepared to be let down when the 22MY BnP hits.
You are probably right. I am a logical person and sometimes forget that Ford's constant Bronco propaganda of "we built this vehicle specifically for the off-road community" is total BS. Let's build a vehicle with a removable roof or convertible rag top and only offer fantastic weather proof MGV on 2 of the 7 trims! We don't care if people ruin their leather interior or have to deal with smelly mildew cloth seats because it got rained on! The absence of MGV as an option all trims (and sway bar disconnect) reminds me everyday how much Ford cares about the off-road community.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are probably right. I am a logical person and sometimes forget that Ford's constant Bronco propaganda of "we built this vehicle specifically for the off-road community" is total BS. Let's build a vehicle with a removable roof or convertible rag top and only offer fantastic weather proof MGV on 2 of the 7 trims! We don't care if people ruin their leather interior or have to deal with smelly mildew cloth seats because it got rained on! The absence of MGV as an option all trims (and sway bar disconnect) reminds me everyday how much Ford cares about the off-road community.
Bro, 99% of these things are never going off pavement.
Sponsored