First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So not sure if this was covered. If we ordered a MY21 and it doesn’t get picked up, do we go to the top of the list for MY22?
All they say is that they may not necessarily build them in the order received, meaning they have an out to add other factors. Not that they will add in other factors, but that they might. So you might go to the top, you might get put at the very end if your dealer is late on the new order, Ford is intentionally vague.

It's based on timestamp still. You'll have people before and after you that delayed to 2022 intentionally that will play a factor in your timing.

Commodities will still be King decider on timing though.
I don't see timestamp order being promised or even mentioned at all in this document, they may add it in, they may not (see the top of my post). Remember Ford refused to promise no dealer stock before timestamp for anything beyond MY2021. All they are now promising is that the orders for 2022 may not necessarily be built in the order they come in (we will all be putting in new 2022 orders) as orders allocations and commodities come into play. With this language they could (not necessarily that they will) toss timestamps completely and go with the new 2022 orders including stock orders with the dealers setting priority completely. Before dismissing that thought as ridiculous, consider the language they used in the document and that it would obviously be worst case for us and best case for dealers. Dealers are Ford's actual customers and Ford has consistently and unilaterally changed the process more than a few times to benefit the dealers over the reservation holders.

Best guess is that this generic document was only to set the important dates and they haven't completely figured out what do do with current orders, with 99 orders, or with reservation timestamps (reservation numbers match our order numbers, which as many have mentioned; get replaced when we go to a 2022 order). They will have to tie the current orders to the new ones in some fashion to get the price protections and so forth, but they don't even mention timestamps or current orders in the process. All bets are off, it may be a rush to order on day one with dealers adding stock at the same time while setting 10-19 codes as they see fit. It may not be that way, but it would benefit the dealers over us and that is a pattern we've seen over and over again.
I am not optimistic since they used similar language for ordering 2021MY, but also had the addition of timestamps in that language.. They have left timestamps out of this document. Again, I think they haven't decided yet and are leaving themselves wiggle room, however I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling over what the final process will end up being.
Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I read that too...BUT....will we get ANY priority over a new 2022 order since we (as early reservation holders and orders) would have been waiting for 18 months? Or will we get dumped into the same "pool" as brand new 2022 orders coming in?
Yeah Man! What Gives??
So if you don’t get a Vin before The New BP comes out for 22, you have to start over? But keep your place in line, and Price? So Confuzzing…. 😳🥴😵💫💫

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All they say is that they may not necessarily build them in the order received, meaning they have an out to add other factors. Not that they will add in other factors, but that they might. So you might go to the top, you might get put at the very end if your dealer is late on the new order, Ford is intentionally vague.

I don't see timestamp order being promised or even mentioned at all in this document, they may add it in, they may not (see the top of my post). Remember Ford refused to promise no dealer stock before timestamp for anything beyond MY2021. All they are now promising is that the orders for 2022 may not necessarily be built in the order they come in (we will all be putting in new 2022 orders) as orders allocations and commodities come into play. With this language they could (not necessarily that they will) toss timestamps completely and go with the new 2022 orders including stock orders with the dealers setting priority completely. Before dismissing that thought as ridiculous, consider the language they used in the document and that it would obviously be worst case for us and best case for dealers. Dealers are Ford's actual customers and Ford has consistently and unilaterally changed the process more than a few times to benefit the dealers over the reservation holders.

Best guess is that this generic document was only to set the important dates and they haven't completely figured out what do do with current orders, with 99 orders, or with reservation timestamps (reservation numbers match our order numbers, which as many have mentioned; get replaced when we go to a 2022 order). They will have to tie the current orders to the new ones in some fashion to get the price protections and so forth, but they don't even mention timestamps or current orders in the process. All bets are off, it may be a rush to order on day one with dealers adding stock at the same time while setting 10-19 codes as they see fit. It may not be that way, but it would benefit the dealers over us and that is a pattern we've seen over and over again.
I am not optimistic since they used similar language for ordering 2021MY, but also had the addition of timestamps in that language.. They have left timestamps out of this document. Again, I think they haven't decided yet and are leaving themselves wiggle room, however I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling over what the final process will end up being.
That's one way to look at it.

As a dealer, this process is far from a benefit to the dealer. I'm not sure what changes you're referring to that benefit us as dealers. If the dealers had their way, the reservation system would be the first thing to go. The reservation system stunted most markup attempts, and actually resulted in massive consumer discounts.

This document is something that's sent to fleet management companies so they have a reference for any vehicles they may want to order. It's far from Bronco specific, and frankly I'm surprised to see Bronco in there since there won't be fleet orders for the types of companies that utilize that information that far in advance.

Ford wants to build customer orders. What benefit would Ford have by building stock over confirmed customer orders? It's a lot easier to plan for manufacturing if you know what the next 6 months of commodities are. They do a lot of benchmarking, surveys, focus groups, etc... so they can guesstimate what their product mix is, but nothing beats real world customer data. They have the next year of production locked up with customer orders. Manufacturers only dream of hitting that kind of home run. The Bronco is a 500 ft grand slam in game 7. Mass produced vehicles don't normally sell out a year's worth of production before the first one rolls off the line. The last time Ford had that much demand on a new product, they created a new class of vehicle.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

As a dealer, this process is far from a benefit to the dealer. I'm not sure what changes you're referring to that benefit us as dealers. If the dealers had their way, the reservation system would be the first thing to go. The reservation system stunted most markup attempts, and actually resulted in massive consumer discounts.

This document is something that's sent to fleet management companies so they have a reference for any vehicles they may want to order. It's far from Bronco specific, and frankly I'm surprised to see Bronco in there since there won't be fleet orders for the types of companies that utilize that information that far in advance.

Ford wants to build customer orders. What benefit would Ford have by building stock over confirmed customer orders? It's a lot easier to plan for manufacturing if you know what the next 6 months of commodities are. They do a lot of benchmarking, surveys, focus groups, etc... so they can guesstimate what their product mix is, but nothing beats real world customer data. They have the next year of production locked up with customer orders. Manufacturers only dream of hitting that kind of home run. The Bronco is a 500 ft grand slam in game 7. Mass produced vehicles don't normally sell out a year's worth of production before the first one rolls off the line. The last time Ford had that much demand on a new product, they created a new class of vehicle.
Changes like adding allocations after the launch and priority orders, things that dilute the relevance of the originally promised timestamp reservation system. As you helpfully noted; getting rid of it completely would be a boon to dealers bottom line, which bolster my musings. Thank you.

As to the possibility of dealer stock being mixed in, it would neuter the 20% penalty for dealers selling reservation orders as they would have 'clean' stock to sell as they see fit. The converted reservation holders are obviously the most loyal potential customers, not impulse buyers, they will take the most abuse before moving on. There is no doubt that some of that marketing research you tout is involved in weighing how much more in sales can be made if they push off the res holders for the impulse buyer when the hype is highest near the beginning. As long as they project losing less of the latter then they gain from the former, they will consider it.

I believe that answers all your questions. Hopefully seeing things from a final buyer's perspective can help you understand why folks are disgusted with the process to date and have no expectations of it changing to benefit us in the future.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine that they publish the B&P in August with an attractive interior option for all trims (FE Black?), modular roof availability (black or white, or maybe body color), and a green exterior color. At that point, of the 100K or whatever reservations that converted, only a few thousand will have received their vehicle, potentially causing a massive stampede of orders to switch to MY22 and almost overnight, consume all 2022 production. when does this end?

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we have to do anything to resubmit our order or will this be automatic if we are not scheduled for a my21 build?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford wants to build customer orders. What benefit would Ford have by building stock over confirmed customer orders? It's a lot easier to plan for manufacturing if you know what the next 6 months of commodities are.
If customers had their way the franchise dealership model wouldn't exist, it would be direct to consumer. They're nothing but middleman that increase the prices for consumers. Everything bad that has happened with the reservation system has been because of kowtowing to dealership demands, which I don't foresee changing. That includes wonka golden ticket priority orders, allocation based priority that negates the timestamp, etc. As you pointed out dealerships have largely been unable to add ADM even though they absolutely wanted to. Dealership orders will be built right alongside reservation orders for MY2022 and the dealerships will be adding ADM to every non-reservation unit they receive until they can't get away with it anymore. That's the scummy nature of dealerships, they're capitalist in the worst ways possible and because of regulatory capture in most states there are shameful laws that block vehicle manufacturers from selling direct to consumer.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused by the people commenting about this being bad news. The MY22 change over is exactly in line with what we’ve already known here. The order opening is in line with what we’ve guessed here.

Though I spend a lot of time here so perhaps this is news to people.

Still confused as to where those of us who have been “accepted” for 2021 stand. Will we likely get our Bronco before mid fall?
They get to your order when they get to it. If they don’t get to it by December, Ford is going to start making MY22s anyway… which means when you do eventually get your Bronco, it will be a MY22.

Can someone break this all down and make sense of it?

What is this code 99?

And what does it mean for me?...
Reserved a week after reservations started but placed my order a week before the deadline for getting them in... am I a MY22, most likely?
Code 99 is a “do not build”, lots of people want options that aren’t available until MY22, so their orders are on hold and won’t even be considered for scheduling in MY22.

If you reserved a week after orders opened that’s a late reservation. If there were no part constraints you’d almost surely be waiting until 2022 for your bronco… just too many orders ahead of you.

But with every part constraint and priority 99 that gets skipped, you move up. There are already people with reservations after you that have been scheduled.

This is what I have been asking. No answers. If we as a early reservation and order get pushed to 2022; do we get ANY priority over new 2022 orders? (we would have been waiting already for 18 months) I want Cyber Orange; if it is no longer offered for 2022...then what? Need some more honesty and answers from Mother FORD.
It’s be understood here that yes, you get priority over new orders… just as you do today.

Basically, imagine if there were no model years, and Ford just chugged along scheduling orders the way they have been until they got all caught up. As commodity issues improve, time stamp will play more and more of a factor.

Now, in December Ford is going to start making MY22s… this will impact people like you in a couple ways:

1. If you receive your bronco before then, it will be a MY21, if you receive after that date, it will be a MY22

2. If you receive a MY22 that is “comparable” to the MY21 you ordered, price will be locked in.

3. Because there will be new options available to you, you will get to submit an updated order with then (Mod top, dual top, white top, etc).

Things to note:

1. Not only will you get a chance to submit an updated order, it is likely that we all will need to anyway… even if it’s just “resubmitting” your existing one… just so the system sees it as a MY22 order.

2. There is no indication that things like colors are going to be discontinued after the 6 months. (Wait, was there a FE only color? That would make sense to get discontinued since FEs are 2021 only)

3. It would make *zero* sense for Ford to prioritize a new MY22 order over an existing MY21 reservation (all things being equal). The only benefit to Ford would be alienating a ton of loyal reservation holders… it makes so little sense that, even though anything is possible, I wouldn’t recommend anyone waste any time worrying about it.

Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
What's it going to take to get you all to see that you are all Charly Browns and Ford is Lucy? Ford has a perfect track record of dealing in hope with lots of fairy dust and eye candy to keep this game alive. It's time to sit back and relax. No one knows anything and that is the position in which Ford is most comfortable. As the Shrink says, "sit down in the Ford chair and get comfortable. This will take some time."

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Not so much initially but down the road the story behind them could up its value.
Truth be told, very few will end up being collectors cars and of those buying now, less than a handful will still own it after 25 years.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder how many building glitches Ford has encountered already and what changes will be made in 2022 to address those glitches?

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo.... a coworker just ordered a 2021 Tacoma.

granted a very specific trd sport.

he was told TWENTY WEEKS.

so he will take delivery of a 2021 Tacoma, in November of 21!
My LR dealer texted me today. I can have a Defender by October.

Sounds great considering I have a 7/26 time stamp and the only way I'm getting one in '21 is if I hit the commodity lottery. Tempting...
On Thursday I 99'd my Bronco order after submitting an order for a Defender. Expected arrival is September 3rd. Two and a half months, including sailing across the Atlantic. Much more reasonable and I wish I hadn't held out hope for so long. If it gets a little delayed it'll still be great. At least I can enjoy it for the late summer and fall. My 7/14 Badlands order wasn't going to come this year. How dare I want an MIC top and lux package...
Sponsored