First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s true but still the bigger issue is ,Webasto can only make around 30k MIC tops for MY21
If this number is accurate, that doesn't leave a lot of hard tops after you figure in First Editions, VIPs, and priorities. And people said the VIP/priority thing would only push you back a week. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m confused by the people commenting about this being bad news. The MY22 change over is exactly in line with what we’ve already known here. The order opening is in line with what we’ve guessed here.

Though I spend a lot of time here so perhaps this is news to people.

They get to your order when they get to it. If they don’t get to it by December, Ford is going to start making MY22s anyway… which means when you do eventually get your Bronco, it will be a MY22.

Code 99 is a “do not build”, lots of people want options that aren’t available until MY22, so their orders are on hold and won’t even be considered for scheduling in MY22.

If you reserved a week after orders opened that’s a late reservation. If there were no part constraints you’d almost surely be waiting until 2022 for your bronco… just too many orders ahead of you.

But with every part constraint and priority 99 that gets skipped, you move up. There are already people with reservations after you that have been scheduled.

It’s be understood here that yes, you get priority over new orders… just as you do today.

Basically, imagine if there were no model years, and Ford just chugged along scheduling orders the way they have been until they got all caught up. As commodity issues improve, time stamp will play more and more of a factor.

Now, in December Ford is going to start making MY22s… this will impact people like you in a couple ways:

1. If you receive your bronco before then, it will be a MY21, if you receive after that date, it will be a MY22

2. If you receive a MY22 that is “comparable” to the MY21 you ordered, price will be locked in.

3. Because there will be new options available to you, you will get to submit an updated order with then (Mod top, dual top, white top, etc).

Things to note:

1. Not only will you get a chance to submit an updated order, it is likely that we all will need to anyway… even if it’s just “resubmitting” your existing one… just so the system sees it as a MY22 order.

2. There is no indication that things like colors are going to be discontinued after the 6 months. (Wait, was there a FE only color? That would make sense to get discontinued since FEs are 2021 only)

3. It would make *zero* sense for Ford to prioritize a new MY22 order over an existing MY21 reservation (all things being equal). The only benefit to Ford would be alienating a ton of loyal reservation holders… it makes so little sense that, even though anything is possible, I wouldn’t recommend anyone waste any time worrying about it.
You did an outstanding Job of answering questions that have already been answered in various Forums on this site. Thank you for your patience. :cool:

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
This is pretty much in line with what we have been expecting all along. The mid-December switch over and orders are usually about 60 days before. The dates just align with expectations. I guess the only new info is the September order acceptance for MY22.

The question arises for MY21 emails between 9/13 and 10/14. As a morning of day 2, I feel like that is a bubble I might be sitting on...

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this number is accurate, that doesn't leave a lot of hard tops after you figure in First Editions, VIPs, and priorities. And people said the VIP/priority thing would only push you back a week. :rolleyes:
If that number is accurate, I come to the opposite conclusion you do.

FE: 7,000
Priority orders: 3,000
VIP: <50?

Total top production: 30,000

That leaves 2/3 of total top production, 20,000 worth, free for everything else.

(Also, if there are only 3,000 priority orders or so, considering how many Broncos Ford can/will produce a week…)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they don’t get around to building your Bronco before that magical date, it will just be the next model year.
With a green body and a white modular hard top! (y) 😜

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a green body and a white modular hard top! (y) 😜
Exactly. I'm hoping we get some real information re: a heritage edition. My question is - how will we know what we want to order if we don't get a B&P in advance? that seems like a system built by silly nannies.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how will we know what we want to order if we don't get a B&P in advance?
Have patience. It's only June. They will have something for us before the September order banks open.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have patience. It's only June. They will have something for us before the September order banks open.
zero patience is the story of my life, ha

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You people are nuts if you think a '21 will be worth more than a '22 when you go to resell it in 5 years. It will be like every other 1 year older model and will depreciate that much more.

The only time buying at the end of a model year works out is if they're discounting them more than the depreciation difference and we know that won't happen here.

It's not ideal that they're building '21's through December at all. Not wanting to deal with converting builds (you'll have to submit a new one) has to be part of the non-traditional late change-over.

Now, if you plan to garage this thing for 25 years and put only a few hundred miles on it, sure, it might make a difference owning a '21 but that's not happening is it?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
Looks like I’ll be ordering a 23 by the time I’m ready now.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So.... Ford offered all of us with Bronco orders free sound deadening liner for our wait and their screw-up. Will this free liner roll over to MY22 if my order for MY21 does not get made? Confusing....
Asked my dealer this, and they said yes.

Greyghost59

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 wildtrac
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi,

I am sure this has been explained before , sorry if it has.

I had a day 2 reservation , I ordered a wild track with a painted black top.
I set my order back in March. Once the order needed to be finalized I was give the choice by my dealer to go With an MIC top or move to my22.
I chose to go my 22 in order to get what I want.

my question is , now that I have moved to my22
Does my original day 2 reservation put me at the head of the line for my22? Do I get to change colors of tops based on what will be available for the my 22’s ? If I do change colors etc do I keep me place in line.

thanks for your patience.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have a link? I've not seen that and would be interested. Everything I've seen points to less than that.
Ford has communicated that hard tops are a constraint and will influence production for some time going forward. It's very unlikely if you aren't a day 1/maybe 2 order and sticking with the MIC top that you'll see yours this year.

Other than that, Ford doesn't actually know how the constraints are going to play out, so they can't tell you much they haven't already.
Based on information available, if I was in your shoes I'd be planning on next year. Sorry.
Here: (in this article/near the end) Ford Bronco ships to dealers as company starts filling 125,000 orders (freep.com)

" While Ford declined to provide specifics on the production schedule, Fiorani said his sources have indicated that Ford is hoping to build about 80,000 Ford Bronco SUVs in 2021 and about 160,000 in 2022. "
Sponsored